Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times

Advertisements

The original mandate if the CIA was to coordinate the interpretation of the intelligence gathered by the military and State Department intelligence services. It was soon perverted into clandestine operations to dispose of any governments unfriendly to the desperate investment classes here and in Britain. This is evident from the host of people we had assassinated over the decades.

We need excellent intelligence and analysis independent of political considerations. We do not need an intrusive overbearing bunch of international and domestic thugs working for our ruling plutocracy for their benefit and not ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 10:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I hate it that the CIA would cave to such scumbag politics.

Maybe they were well paid for doing so.

Maybe its "enterprise funding" was threatened.

Now, they gots poppies!
Everything I read points to Tenet being desperate to hold onto his job after coming to the realization that the CIA didn't stop 9/11.

So he wasn't in a position to resist although he was circumspect of the Cheney Cabal.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:13 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Yes to the OP's question or in some form or another.

Intelligence gathering and analysis goes back to caveman days, literally.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
People on this forum might as well discuss quantum physics or the CIA because they know about as much about what either means. What a waste of time.

The CIA will be here as long as there is a United States.
Where's the stunning complexity in the fact that they didn't stop 9/11, or know that the Iranian Revolution was coming?.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yes to the OP's question or in some form or another.

Intelligence gathering and analysis goes back to caveman days, literally.
Ok...fine.

If it goes back to the caveman days...literally..then there must be a science to it or some accepted methods lying around in a book or SOP somewhere.

So why does OUR agency suck so bad?

Old 07-20-2014, 10:23 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,878,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Everything I read points to Tenet being desperate to hold onto his job after coming to the realization that the CIA didn't stop 9/11.

So he wasn't in a position to resist although he was circumspect of the Cheney Cabal.
Everything I read points to Tenet being desperate to hold onto his job after coming to the realization that the CIA abetted 9/11.

The . . . . operative . . . word . . . is . . . "operative".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVeqj8fmbzQ

Old 07-20-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Ok...fine.

If it goes back to the caveman days...literally..then there must be a science to it or some accepted methods lying around in a book or SOP somewhere.

So why does OUR agency suck so bad?
Because it's run by humans.

Hey I understand the frustration having made a living as a corporate investigator for a time. Politics and power struggles aside the outside world never sees the layers of success. This would be especially true of secret government organizations.

Everyone I believe knows my politics by know but I "know" for a fact that there are a lot of really good people doing really good work of all political stripes within those organizations. I had the pleasure of working with a few in the NCIS and FBI on several cases.

To suck less the CIA would have to be immune to the vagaries of whatever political power structure has control at any given time. That isn't going to happen ever.

But I'm talking to someone who knows all this already. Don't you.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Everything I read points to Tenet being desperate to hold onto his job after coming to the realization that the CIA abetted 9/11.

The . . . . operative . . . word . . . is . . . "operative".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVeqj8fmbzQ
Abetted?

I'm not going there. LMAO...I'll leave that to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Because it's run by humans.

Hey I understand the frustration having made a living as a corporate investigator for a time. Politics and power struggles aside the outside world never sees the layers of success. This would be especially true of secret government organizations.

Everyone I believe knows my politics by know but I "know" for a fact that there are a lot of really good people doing really good work of all political stripes within those organizations. I had the pleasure of working with a few in the NCIS and FBI on several cases.

To suck less the CIA would have to be immune to the vagaries of whatever political power structure has control at any given time. That isn't going to happen ever.

But I'm talking to someone who knows all this already. Don't you.
I get all that...but I'm not nearly as magnanimous as you're being

It's a rotten operation....And I'm unyielding about that assertion.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I get all that...but I'm not nearly as magnanimous as you're being

It's a rotten operation....And I'm unyielding about that assertion.
Of course your not because it doesn't suit your position. That's fine.

It's not any more rotten than any other human run organization that has to answer to a political power structure.

Any of the government alphabet organizations could fit your postulate.

The CIA has the added weight of dealing with the nastiest sides of human nature.

And yes I am being as magnanimous as possible so our interaction doesn't devolve as many of the others have in this thread.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,374,090 times
Quote:
That's a flat out lie by you. That's not what I said.

I said that the INTEL GATHERING AND SUBSEQUENT INTERPRETING (aka "intelligence massaging") to get the desired results was exactly what the Bush Administration did.

It's well known that Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Feith put a hell of a lot of pressure on the CIA to get the reports interpreted the way the administration wanted them interpreted. This isn't esoteric information...It's widely acknowledged as fact.

I didn't say that the Bush Administration was responsible for agency incompetence.
Hmmm...I copied & pasted the quotes from your posts. It's not the first time I've seen a liberal accuse someone of lying about what was said when they have been directly quoted.

How about a link/quote? It should be easy if this is "widely acknowledged as fact." I posted the quote from Paul Pillar, which contradicts your portrayal. Give me a link or quote that proves Pillar to be FOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies