Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 07:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Freedom to serve or not serve whomever you wish is freedom.

Government mandating that you must serve all is tyranny.

I have a small business and do not discriminate based on anything except location.

Again, get back to me when halal meat stores are forced to sell pork.
About the same for me.

I just do not drill in all areas or, for just anyone.

I just told two people no today.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You're mistaken. I suggest that you fellowship with Christians that follow God's word, not man's.

LOL!!!! Most of God's word IS twisted by man! Why do you think we have so many different religions, not to mention different versions of Christianity alone?

Old 08-12-2014, 07:37 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
You're mistaken. I suggest that you fellowship with Christians that follow God's word, not man's.
I can say the SAME thing to you.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:45 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
What's so immoral about being gay?
It is truly sad and indicative of the advanced state of our nation's moral decay that you can ask that question. God help us.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:47 AM

939 posts, read 3,385,882 times
Quote:
It is truly sad and indicative of the advanced state of our nation's moral decay that you can ask that question. God help us.
I'd still like to know what you think is so immoral about being gay.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Never said that the bridal shop owner broke the law. They have the right to refuse service, lesbian has the right to publicize her experience on social media network. They both (business and the customer) are subject to public opinions.
I agree 100%. One can express their rights under the law and so can those that disagree with that expression.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Don't panic.

Hand holding is innocent and comforting. I would never stand in the street and tongue my boyfriend like some heterosexual couples do. I simply want the right to occasionally hold his hand, kiss him on the cheek and act like a couple without the whole world thinking that it's their business.

When I shut my front door, it's my business but when I am told that other people cannot have the same rights awarded to every other human being then I have a problem and so does everyone else.

We are all human and unfairness in one place is unfairness everywhere.

Believe me, it is not going to affect your own heterosexual marriage, values, children or TV guide if the gays or lesbians decide to marry their partners.

Get a grip everyone.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Then don't be gay.

The discriminated against shouldn't have to go ANYWHERE ELSE to shop - to swim - to eat - to play golf - to rent an apartment - to buy a house - to go to school.
Yes, they should. If the person who owns the property does not want you on the property for any reason whatsoever, then you should be required to leave the property.
Quote:
It is those who discriminate who have to change. Not change their religion - not change their approval level - just change their actions and attitude towards the "public".

All of the PUBLIC.
Nobody should be required to change their attitudes. This is supposed to be a free country. That means you should be allowed to have whatever attitude you want, regardless of whether that attitude is offensive to unacceptable to others.
Quote:
Should you wish to NOT deal with the gay people - the black people - the Jewish people - the Mexican people - (add a group here) you have every right to stay at home and mingle not.

When you open a business that is open to the public - you do not get to define who you will or won't do business with.
That's right, you don't get to do that. But you don't get to do that because the law says you don't. Not because of any moral or ethical requirement. At one point the law said that slavery was legal. That didn't make slavery right. A law which requires one private citizen to have dealings with another private citizen against his will is not a moral law. The reason why that citizen doesn't wish to deal with the other one may indeed be completely repugnant, but that's irrelevant. Freedom is freedom all the time, not only when it is warm and fuzzy. Anti-discrimination laws which give everyone equality under the law are just and proper. But anti-discrimination laws which affect the private sector are unethical in a free society.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I agree 100%. One can express their rights under the law and so can those that disagree with that expression.
I agree 100% totally.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:04 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
I feel sorry for you.
I could care less how you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies