Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 07:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Where I live Costco pays $18 / hr

Here is glassdoor and info on costco salaries:

Costco Wholesale Hourly Pay | Glassdoor
Did you look at that link? It says $11.85 for cashier assistant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 08:32 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
if you shop at Walmart, Dollar, Target do not expect any customer satisfaction.

Mick Jagger shops at Tesco.

The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Glastonbury 2013 (HD) - YouTube

Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 PM

35,087 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Did you look at that link? It says $11.85 for cashier assistant.
That is still a substantial improvement over most retail positions

Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Why are you worried about what other people make?
Because some people worked hard to get educated, instead of partying they studied and then worked to pay for it. And now you think they should make the same as the people who busted their butts.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Because some people worked hard to get educated, instead of partying they studied and then worked to pay for it. And now you think they should make the same as the people who busted their butts.
A fair number of "educated" folks are surly *******s too. They don't just screw up your biscuit order, they steal your pension fund! Some people aren't educated but they have a natural talent, get millions to play ball, and beat their families! Do you really want to talk about "who deserves money"????

Trying to link min wage to your interactions with low paid workers is silly. For all I know you scowled at them first OP.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:49 PM

35,087 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A fair number of "educated" folks are surly *******s too. They don't just screw up your biscuit order, they steal your pension fund! Some people aren't educated but they have a natural talent, get millions to play ball, and beat their families! Do you really want to talk about "who deserves money"????

Trying to link min wage to your interactions with low paid workers is silly. For all I know you scowled at them first OP.
Why do you always blame the customer? I wasn't rude to them. Their job is to do their job and to make the customer feel welcome. By and large, they did the job poorly, AND made the customer feel UNWELCOME.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Why do you always blame the customer? I wasn't rude to them. Their job is to do their job and to make the customer feel welcome. By and large, they did the job poorly, AND made the customer feel UNWELCOME.
I didn't "blame the customer", I said you you could have started it. I don't know, I wasn't there watching you and you are not someone who's word I take since I don't know you or know if you made the entire thing up to start a thread.

They were probably understaffed and overworked. Complain to management...the people making the big money who cut costs by sticking you with bad service because they give workers 12 hours a week and don't bother training anyone because they won't be using them long. They don't care about you either. The only difference is, they don't have to deal with you in person.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:53 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Is feeling welcome a requirement? I don't think it is.

What did this clerk say to you anyways? I've never had an attitude from any clerk. Less than stellar performance? Sure, but never a rude sales clerk.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:36 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiana View Post
did you look at that link? It says $11.85 for cashier assistant.
AVERAGE. Depends on location.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:40 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
What? LOL I worked hard and got educated. (not really, it came easy) I don't have a problem with others getting a raise. I focus on what I am making.
I think you touched upon a real reason people oppose rasining the minimum wage; they are afraid they will lose their "hard earned position". Small Minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-17-2014 at 10:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies