Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 08:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Not me. A sixteen year old boy or girl certainly know what they are doing. It is 2014, not the 17th century. I might view older people going after teenagers as a little icky, but if they are all consenting, I do not see the crime. It is not like we are in a society where sixteen year olds are not having sex. I'd venture that most sixteen year olds are sexually active already anyway.

the average age around here to have a child is 16, I know hundred of girls in my lifetime that , its just normal. even hundred years ago 16 was average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Actually the further back in history you go the lower the average age of women bearing children gets.
Only we consider 16 yo girls "children" two, three hundred years ago they already had two kids at that age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
the average age around here to have a child is 16, I know hundred of girls in my lifetime that , its just normal. even hundred years ago 16 was average.

Last edited by random_thoughts; 10-07-2014 at 08:58 PM..

Old 10-07-2014, 08:51 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Human biology changes much slower than societal values change.
Americans are living longer, so what is considered to be childhood is being lengthened. And societal norms have shifted.

Of course, legal age could change at any time. Other nations have widely varying ages. The United States has very few cultural ways of marking a child's passage into adulthood, something that all societies have, and becoming 18 is one. It's the most important as well, as it's the age that conveys most adult responsibilities onto the child for the first time.

18 became the age because most parents agreed it was the most proper age. Until then, parents are the ones responsible for their children first and foremost. At 18, society at large takes most of that responsibility over, out of the parent's hands.

As long as parents make the call as to what constitutes legal age, 18 will remain the age, and those who have responsibility for our young- child care providers, teachers, schools at all levels, etc. have to abide by the laws. Period. This applies equally to both sexes.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:17 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
I think it's disgusting that this sort of behaviour is going on now and that teachers were not doing this sort of thing in my day.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:35 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Live a little, will ya?
Best advice in the thread. I'll have to owe you the rep.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:35 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Live a little, will ya?
If living a little means turning our schools into a free sex with kids education that would not be my idea of living. What happens whe the 16 year old gets a teacher pregnant .
I see why the state of educationist where it is when so many of you are in favor of 16 year olds having sex with teachers.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:50 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
What's up with all of these young teachers now? All of my teachers were in their 50's (or older).

Old 10-08-2014, 11:23 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
I remember a bit from MAD magazine where an old codger is berating a teen at breakfast for being out late the evening before and late for breakfast..."Wipe that smile off your face, when I was your age I had to masturbate."

Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If living a little means turning our schools into a free sex with kids education that would not be my idea of living. What happens whe the 16 year old gets a teacher pregnant .
I see why the state of educationist where it is when so many of you are in favor of 16 year olds having sex with teachers.
What happens when a student gets a teacher pregnant? He has to pay her child support. It already happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPQY1qF_vYA

The woman molests a 14 year old boy and then he is ordered to pay $16,500 in child support when she gets pregnant. But of course I'm sure that's fine with all you compassionate and equality minded liberals on here who have already voiced how it's a traumatic experience for a girl to be molested but it's a wonderfully joyous thing for a boy to be molested.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:44 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,548,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
As a man, I would think good for him.

As a father of a son, I would say, good for him.

Then I had a daughter.

Is there a double standard, you damned right there is.
Pretty much...but I will be honest, not crying any tears...he played football and then two hot teachers "got" together with him? That's the fantasy of most 16 yr old boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies