Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 12:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
QuikTrip starts employees @$8.50 an hour. They have a different business model than companies they are compared to, and these salary examples are for managers, and have expected/worked overtime baked into the calculations. If I extrapolated my hourly rate of delivering pizzas to 40 hours, baked in 7.5 hours of overtime per week (5 hours @ time and a half), my annual STARTING salary as a pizza delivery driver, 17 years ago, was ~$38k. Not bad scratch, but not the reality of driving pizzas either.

Every business is different, there are 1,500+ separate economies in the US, and one store doing one thing well does not mean all businesses do well doing that same thing.
Geez...why do you guys get so defensive on the topic.

The point of the thread (and I'm the OP) was never about every corporation doing business the same way.

Read post three of the thread.

Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No...you meant what you wrote....that's why you have the inability to answer anything...that or it took you a REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLy long time to come up with some sort of an answer....
Then why is it that you were the only one making that assumption? No one else but YOU.

Lol...Look, I answered your question. You don't like the answer because you'd have to admit to some level of illiteracy.

And who else besides you supposedly asked me a (dumb) question that I refused to answer?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh...so now there's no way WITHOUT overtime, huh?

That was quick.

I gave you the headline...I can't do more than that. Look it up.
You do your own homework.

I know for a fact that there is no regular houly store clerk at quiktrip or any other convenience store making 40k in gross regular pay.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You do your own homework.

I know for a fact that there is no regular houly store clerk at quiktrip or any other convenience store making 40k in gross regular pay.
What homework. I gave you the link. I believe it to be true.

You don't like the answer. That's your problem...not mine.

My work is done.

Have a great day.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:09 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Then why is it that you were the only one making that assumption? No one else but YOU.
So, does that make it bad? Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO someone questioned me....How dare them...

Quote:
Lol...Look, I answered your question. You don't like the answer because you'd have to admit to some level of illiteracy.
You have to be able to address with literacy to be taken serious...so what's yuor excuse?

Quote:
And who else besides you supposedly asked me a (dumb) question that I refused to answer?

There ae no dumb questions, just questions you don't have the ability to answer....which you have proven...

Old 10-21-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

There ae no dumb questions, :
Read through your posts...you might come to a different conclusion.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
What homework. I gave you the link. I believe it to be true.

You don't like the answer. That's your problem...not mine.

My work is done.

Have a great day.
A link to a blog is work done?

I'm having a great day, thinking about my employees slaving away padding my bank account minute by minute.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Don't know how many of you have shopped at a QT store given your locations, but i use them exclusively when there's one in the area.

Very nice, very clean, and the variety of snacks and drinks...along with some fruits and other miscellaneous items is actually kinda dizzying given the size of their stores. Some even have a grill in back, and the stuff they serve isn't half bad.

I've noticed that it seems a tad pricier than other similar chains, but i'm more than willing to pay a few cents more for the cleanliness and variety of merchandise stocked...especially the soft drinks. And the staff is extremely professional.

I started frequenting these stores after i read a 2011 piece on how well they pay and treat their employees. But i noticed that the piece seemed to have at least a small degree of skepticism relative to how long such a business model could last.

Well here we are in 2014, and the company is doing just as well if not better. Here's an excerpt from the piece:

Wow...imagine that. Sounds SO COMPLICATED, right? Have a clean and courteous business with good products and a well trained staff... Treat employees well, pay them a good wage with the promise of more opportunities ahead, and they'll be loyal, won't turnover very often, thereby saving you money and making you profitable.

Yeah i know..."these people are unskilled and should realize that these are entry level jobs and these profits should be returned to stockholders blah, blah, blah"....i can hear it now from the typical corporate shills on CD. But whatever.

Anyway...here's the link:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/03/...ype=blogs&_r=0
Sounds like you support Chik Fil A as well.....right?

If I dig through the archives, I won't be able to find any of your posts showing an irrational hatred for the alleged homephobes....right?

They employ a very similar model. Just trying to make sure you are consistent with your biases.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
A link to a blog is work done?

I'm having a great day, thinking about my employees slaving away padding my bank account minute by minute.
What employees?

Stop it. Seriously...give the "business owner" stuff a rest.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
What employees?

Stop it. Seriously...give the "business owner" stuff a rest.
Dig baby dig, got a tenching shovel in the truck outside my office if you'd like to join them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies