Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:51 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I believe that you believe that

This is why we have due process in this country. If he is in fact proven guilty (and I believe he is), I hope he's punished, but I also hope the women that have falsely accused him of rape (guarantee some of these women are not telling the truth) are also punished to the full extent of the law. This has become an increasingly worse problem in western society over the last few decades, and it needs to be nipped in the butt. People need to understand the consequences of things like false accusations, slander, or insurance fraud.
And I guarantee there are a lot more women out there that he attacked that will never come forward.

I believe this isn't something he did once in awhile, I believe it is something he did all the time.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:51 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And I guarantee there are a lot more women out there that he attacked that will never come forward.

I believe this isn't something he did once in awhile, I believe it is something he did all the time.
you're probably right, but that still doesn't change what I said.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
In every case of women coming forward, the statute of limitations has kicked in and there is no financial gain or chance of prosecution for them now. There is no punishment for Cosby at this stage of the process. Only all society knowing what a real creep he was and is.
They had nothing to gain by coming forward and telling the truth except to support the other's coming forward and verify their accusations.
Many of those women will feel guilt for the rest of their lives for not coming forward when the incidents happened. By just burying the incident when it happened, they became enablers of Cosby and laid the foundation for him to abuse other vulnerable females in the future.
Most false accusations for any crime are for attention and not spite or financial gain. In this case, I believe some of the Jane does involved in the civil case in 2005 wanted a paycheck. The women that are coming out now are most likely a combination of women Cosby assaulted, crazy women that want attention, and crazy feminists that want to further destroy his reputation and perpetuate an agenda. It got so bad with Mike Tyson that he literally had to pay body guards to follow him everywhere to attest that he wasn't raping women when he got out of prison for rape in the early 90's.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:50 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Each person has a right to be innocent until proven in a court to 12 people or judge in some cases if they wish. Justice isn't some political lynch mobs or social media system. When it gets to be that is when country will start to collapse from within. Ferguson is one small city in a huge country and we see what collapse means without rule of law. J was perhaps the most famous case I past century ;but he was able to move to Florida and play golf altho a huge number thought him guilty; they proved most respect the rule of law.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:52 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Most false accusations for any crime are for attention and not spite or financial gain. In this case, I believe some of the Jane does involved in the civil case in 2005 wanted a paycheck. The women that are coming out now are most likely a combination of women Cosby assaulted, crazy women that want attention, and crazy feminists that want to further destroy his reputation and perpetuate an agenda. It got so bad with Mike Tyson that he literally had to pay body guards to follow him everywhere to attest that he wasn't raping women when he got out of prison for rape in the early 90's.
Statute of limitations for criminal and civil has kicked in. For those who managed to come forward before the statute kicked in, he had his lawyers pay them off already.
Lucky for him, he probably hasn't been able to get it up for the last 15 years.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Statute of limitations for criminal and civil has kicked in. For those who managed to come forward before the statute kicked in, he had his lawyers pay them off already.
Lucky for him, he probably hasn't been able to get it up for the last 15 years.
I was referring to the people that were paid off in 2005. Nobody is coming out now because of money, but I still believe some of the accusations are from attention seekers and nutty political activists. They're just as pathetic as the rapist IMO

Old 12-03-2014, 08:33 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
I previously opined that I thought Cosby was innocent till proven guilty. But there is just too much here now even for me. He's probably guilty as sin of much of it. Now there's a court case. No more Cool Cozz. Now he'll always be known as "Cosby the pervert".

Old 12-03-2014, 08:47 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
I (as a lawyer) also firmly believe the old saw 'presumption of innocence'. The presumption does not change no matter how many women come forward about Mr. Cosby.

For those accepting the popular rationale of 'with so many women making the claim, it must at least be partially true', does your theory apply equally to the Salem Witch Trials?

I mean, with so many women accused of being witches (and 20 of them hung) doesn't that mean that at least some of them were witches?

Old 12-03-2014, 08:57 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,342,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I (as a lawyer) also firmly believe the old saw 'presumption of innocence'. The presumption does not change no matter how many women come forward about Mr. Cosby.

For those accepting the popular rationale of 'with so many women making the claim, it must at least be partially true', does your theory apply equally to the Salem Witch Trials?

I mean, with so many women accused of being witches (and 20 of them hung) doesn't that mean that at least some of them were witches?
It is a bit of a mob mentality. This is why evidence is so fundamental in cases like this.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Police officer Darren Wilson shoots an allegedly aggressive thug, and liberals and black people find him guilty of murder in the court of public opinion.

What about alleged sexual predator Bill Cosby? Do you folks find him guilty of rape in the same manner for which Darren Wilson has been deemed guilty?

I'll remind you that neither have been charged with a crime, but both are being held accountable for unproven wrongdoing.

It's a logical question and a test of your colorblind objectivity.
I didn't think either one was automatically guilty.

I had my concerns about Darren Wilson but the more I've heard about the case, the more I think he's not guilty of murder. I still do not approve of what he did, but I don't believe it was a criminal act nor do I believe it was racially motivated.

As for Bill Cosby...not looking good for him. I don't know if he's guilty or not. I wasn't there. That's for a jury to decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies