Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 06:40 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times

Advertisements

It will be interesting to see if the white riots in this case match those after OJ was found 'innocent'.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:47 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Unlike the racists here on C-D, I don't automatically assume the black guy must be a criminal thug who deserves to be killed.
What if that innocent young 'gentle giant' keeps charging at you after you tried to stop him with shouts and bullets? Wilson did what he was supposed to as a cop. And when it became him or the 'gentle giant', he did what he had to in order to protect himself.

Me? I'd do the same. Save the last bullet for a head shot on the 'gentle giant'. Just to save my own life.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:17 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
But where is the proof? I'm not saying I believe he's innocent, but you can't exactly convict someone without proof. Also, most these women have changed their story after communicating with the same attorney, which reeks of a witch hunt. Call me crazy, but I typically agree with the decisions our legal system makes in these high profile cases. Even in the OJ trial, I agreed with the decision. Not because I thought he was innocent, but because the police didn't correctly handle the case and evidence. Had he been convicted, what would that say about our justice system?

Innocent until PROVEN without a doubt guilty.
Really?

Would you mind telling us how you know that?

Old 11-26-2014, 08:08 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Really?

Would you mind telling us how you know that?
Look up the 2005 lawsuit. That's why the 13 "Jane doe" witnesses never even testified. Their stories were too inconsistent because they were being coached on what to say. Eventually Cosby settled out of court with the initial accuser that was suing him because he wanted her to go away.

I'm not saying Cosby is innocent, but only a great fool would believe that all these women are telling the truth. Statistically speaking, a third of these women are most likely lying if you go by FBI statistics involving rape civil suits. Throw in the fact that Bill is a celebrity, and I bet it's even higher. I will be shocked if he gets nailed for any wrong doing; however, If I were a betting man, I would say there is probably some truth behind some of these accusations (particularly the first few women that came out).

I'm sure I'll get the classic CD (provide me a link), but I'm not going to take the time to do the homework for anyone, as all of this information can easily be found.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel99 View Post
Blacks gave OJ a pass because he was black and killed two whites. Blacks will keep racism alive as long as its profitable for them.
Where's my profit then? I'm black.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
What was it Cosby did at the Playboy mansion?

Old 11-26-2014, 08:40 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Look up the 2005 lawsuit. That's why the 13 "Jane doe" witnesses never even testified. Their stories were too inconsistent because they were being coached on what to say. Eventually Cosby settled out of court with the initial accuser that was suing him because he wanted her to go away.

I'm not saying Cosby is innocent, but only a great fool would believe that all these women are telling the truth. Statistically speaking, a third of these women are most likely lying if you go by FBI statistics involving rape civil suits. Throw in the fact that Bill is a celebrity, and I bet it's even higher. I will be shocked if he gets nailed for any wrong doing; however, If I were a betting man, I would say there is probably some truth behind some of these accusations (particularly the first few women that came out).

I'm sure I'll get the classic CD (provide me a link), but I'm not going to take the time to do the homework for anyone, as all of this information can easily be found.
I have read a lot about the case and I never read anywhere that any of the Jane Doe's testimony was coached.

Also, statistically speaking, there are no doubt a lot of victims that will never come forward, that we will never know about.

I believe Cosby is guilty.

I believe the women who have come forward and I believe there are a lot more who haven't come forward.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:53 AM

872 posts, read 828,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Police officer Darren Wilson shoots an allegedly aggressive thug, and liberals and black people find him guilty of murder in the court of public opinion.

What about alleged sexual predator Bill Cosby? Do you folks find him guilty of rape in the same manner for which Darren Wilson has been deemed guilty?

I'll remind you that neither have been charged with a crime, but both are being held accountable for unproven wrongdoing.

It's a logical question and a test of your colorblind objectivity.
Your comparison is flawed.
Black people do not care about Bill Cosby. What Bill Cosby has been saying for years and years....most Black People are incapable or unwilling to listen to and/or believe.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:04 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have read a lot about the case and I never read anywhere that any of the Jane Doe's testimony was coached.

Also, statistically speaking, there are no doubt a lot of victims that will never come forward, that we will never know about.

I believe Cosby is guilty.

I believe the women who have come forward and I believe there are a lot more who haven't come forward.
I believe that you believe that

This is why we have due process in this country. If he is in fact proven guilty (and I believe he is), I hope he's punished, but I also hope the women that have falsely accused him of rape (guarantee some of these women are not telling the truth) are also punished to the full extent of the law. This has become an increasingly worse problem in western society over the last few decades, and it needs to be nipped in the butt. People need to understand the consequences of things like false accusations, slander, or insurance fraud.

Last edited by lucky4life; 11-26-2014 at 09:13 AM..

Old 11-26-2014, 09:37 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
I believe that you believe that

This is why we have due process in this country. If he is in fact proven guilty (and I believe he is), I hope he's punished, but I also hope the women that have falsely accused him of rape (guarantee some of these women are not telling the truth) are also punished to the full extent of the law. This has become an increasingly worse problem in western society over the last few decades, and it needs to be nipped in the butt. People need to understand the consequences of things like false accusations, slander, or insurance fraud.
In every case of women coming forward, the statute of limitations has kicked in and there is no financial gain or chance of prosecution for them now. There is no punishment for Cosby at this stage of the process. Only all society knowing what a real creep he was and is.
They had nothing to gain by coming forward and telling the truth except to support the other's coming forward and verify their accusations.
Many of those women will feel guilt for the rest of their lives for not coming forward when the incidents happened. By just burying the incident when it happened, they became enablers of Cosby and laid the foundation for him to abuse other vulnerable females in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies