Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:03 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tawanna Brawley, Duke LaCrosse, ect............

Farrakhan Threatens to “Tear This Godd*m Country Apart” Over Ferguson Shooting (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit#!

Blacks in general look absurb when they claim outrage over events involving guilty criminal elements and thier presumed abuse by police and the white community.

Now if a black "A" student with goals and aspirations was minding his own buisness and assaulted by the police or white supremicists, that would be news. EVERYONE would be expressing indignation and outrage over such an event.

Few, if any, people have sympathy when thugs and criminals meet thier demise.
Stopped watching the video after he referred to Jefferson instead of Ferguson.

Keep blaming whitey, racist and murdering cops, poverty, the effects of slavery, white privilige. Perpetual victimhood claimed by those who do not want to put forth the effort to help themselves, and perpetual finger pointing by those who hope to make a whack-load of money by encouraging perpetual victimhood, is unseemly. I have empathy for those trying to better their lives. I have no empathy for those who don't. I have empathy for those who experience true injustice. I have no empathy for those who don't.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:08 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Another "complain about Black people". What is this complaining actually producing in terms of change and results?
There seems to be endless complaining about black people threads all over the internet.

No one organizes protest to complain about black people the way they do online.

I love black people because I am black. I love everyone because they are Gods creation.

I'm glad that I know who I am and not allowing racists to tell me who I am or else I would have no self esteem.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:09 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Both Brown and Martin would be alive today if they didn't make the tremendously stupid decision to attack a guy holding the gun.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Another "complain about Black people". What is this complaining actually producing in terms of change and results?
Aside from the obvious disclaimer that "yes.......there are still racists out there" the problem needs to be solved from within. Within the heart and soul of individual black people.

Until blacks want to deal with THAT, there will be no change and no results.

Unpopular position, I know. But I believe that.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:29 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
There seems to be endless complaining about black people threads all over the internet.

No one organizes protest to complain about black people the way they do online.

I love black people because I am black. I love everyone because they are Gods creation.

I'm glad that I know who I am and not allowing racists to tell me who I am or else I would have no self esteem.
This is how I feel. I know there are issues. However, I also believe that alot of this "dialogue" has nothing to do with bringing any changes, but rather, venting anger and resentment towards Blacks. No one organizes like they do online because very few people would say such things in real life to someone's face.

I feel we are God's creation as well.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:33 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Aside from the obvious disclaimer that "yes.......there are still racists out there" the problem needs to be solved from within. Within the heart and soul of individual black people.

Until blacks want to deal with THAT, there will be no change and no results.

Unpopular position, I know. But I believe that.
And the Black individuals who are solving their own problems try to distance themselves from those who bring nothing but negativity.

And by the way, which Blacks are not changing things for themselves?

My problem is that most who keep bringing these "why do Blacks do this and that" are doing those things out of anger towards Blacks.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Trayvon Martin was a thug? A criminal?
Apparently, yes.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
More than riots that burn down local businesses.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
1. And the Black individuals who are solving their own problems try to distance themselves from those who bring nothing but negativity.

2. And by the way, which Blacks are not changing things for themselves?

3. My problem is that most who keep bringing these "why do Blacks do this and that" are doing those things out of anger towards Blacks.
1. I know they try to distance themselves. I don't blame them. I would to. I used to work for a city government in Tennessee. I worked with African Americans every day. I went to conferences and talked and socialized with colleagues both black and white from all over the state. My son went to college with many African Americans and I met many of them - all just like my son. Intelligent, educated, hopeful, smiling with wide open faces and all eager to take on the world just like my son. This forum focuses on the bad and often speaks in sweeping generalities and any thinking person realizes that there are good and bad of both races. The rest don't bother to think that far.

2. We both know that there are blacks out there doing nothing but sucking up whatever benefits the feds and state hand out, and doing nothing productive day in and day out with their time. Yes......yes.....whites too. When I was in Tennessee I lived only a few blocks from a bunch of low income apartments. Both races of money sucking, trouble making trash unwilling to do anything but cruise through their lives taking whatever they could get. Taking and never giving. Ever.

3. I don't know if that is true or not. Maybe. Not sure. I DO think that there is increasing anger towards blacks because people don't understand why they would devour their own (burn businesses in Ferguson that provide jobs and allow people to shop close to home). They're tired of being called racist when they're not. They're tired of seemingly perpetual victimhood and excuse making for behavior that is inexcusable. And on and on (and on). The cumulative effect of these things (in addition to a "if it bleeds it leads" media that focuses on the bad instead of the good, and the perception that so-called leaders in the black community are little more than race-baiting opportunists who have no interest in truly helping to solve problems) causes more anger. There's a lot more.

I think blacks often are willing/unwilling pawns for many groups. Trash a place and the news media loves it. Good for ratings. Increase accessibility to Food Stamps and the Democrats love it. Good for votes. Nurture a gang-banger ethos and pop culture loves it. Sells lots of CD's. Listen to the Sharptons and Farrakons (sp?) and Jacksons and the race baiters love it. Money in their pockets.

I stick with original theme. The only tangible change for the better in anyone's life (white or black) comes from within.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:09 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Keep blaming whitey, racist and murdering cops, poverty, the effects of slavery, white privilige. Perpetual victimhood claimed by those who do not want to put forth the effort to help themselves, and perpetual finger pointing by those who hope to make a whack-load of money by encouraging perpetual victimhood, is unseemly. I have empathy for those trying to better their lives. I have no empathy for those who don't. I have empathy for those who experience true injustice. I have no empathy for those who don't.
This is why other minority groups will continue to make progressive strides in this country while blacks will continue their self imposed downward spiral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies