Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:49 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Your personal conduct DOES make you eligible for the death penalty when you threaten the lives of others or try to wrestle a gun from a police officer.

If blacks want to stop being killed, stop committing so many crimes. There is a good reason that Asians are not killed in large numbers by the police or profiled. Are they not minorities that appear different than caucasions?
So you are saying that because of the share of crimes committed by Blacks, Blacks deserve to be treated harshly by the police?

Last edited by green_mariner; 12-01-2014 at 04:59 PM..

Old 12-01-2014, 04:54 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tawanna Brawley, Duke LaCrosse, ect............

Farrakhan Threatens to “Tear This Godd*m Country Apart” Over Ferguson Shooting (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit#!

Blacks in general look absurb when they claim outrage over events involving guilty criminal elements and thier presumed abuse by police and the white community.

Now if a black "A" student with goals and aspirations was minding his own buisness and assaulted by the police or white supremicists, that would be news. EVERYONE would be expressing indignation and outrage over such an event.

Few, if any, people have sympathy when thugs and criminals meet thier demise.
People that obey the rules and act appropriately will NEVER have to deal with the police. The police go where the crime is.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I do understand what you're saying. In a way it's all the same - there are people of all races all across the country just quietly living their lives. Doing the right thing. Going to their jobs, paying their taxes, raising their kids. THOSE people (you and me and everyone else who just live their lives) don't make the headlines.

There's plenty of white trash out there (they don't loot and burn down businesses when they're pissed) but they're just as toxic as black trash. But it's the destruction, violence and out-of-control behavior that makes the ratings.

I keep thinking about those faces of black students that were in my sons' graduating class. And then I think about all the young blacks that my youngest son went through USAF Basic Training with. He sent me a CD a few years ago from Iraq. All races of young people in uniform, doing the kind of stupid crap you see in those "military personnel dancing in uniform" videos you see on Youtube. Just kids. All of them. Good, decent young people doing their thing and living their lives.

My husband and I were camping with someone we were just getting to know, this past summer here in Idaho. While we were setting up camp a truck drove up and parked next to the other guys camper. Two trashy white guys and a trashy young girl climbed out. My husband is a retired cop (who dealt with a whole lot of trashy white mountain people in Eastern Tennesee), and both of us could tell right away.............not long after they got there I introduced myself and then introduced my husband to one of the visitors. And then I said "He's a retired cop". The guy actually jumped backwards in surprise and then laughed awkwardly and said "Oh yeah - well I'm a retired criminal". No sh*t. Trashy people all over the place. Even in a campground in central Idaho.
The thing about out of control behavior is that is all many people do see.

One thing about the military is that it attracts people who have a sense of commitment and responsibility. The military is an example of the decent of all races being together.

Funny you mention east Tennessee and Idaho. My father drove through northern Idaho, and he didn't want to stop anywhere in that area. And eastern Tennessee seems to be attracting people who used to live in the Atlanta area. And I'm not talking about Chattanooga or Knoxville. I'm talking about places like Cookeville. At least this is what I've seen among former college classmates.

I've been around my share of trashy people. I went to high school with such individuals, got bullied and harassed by such types. I can spot such types. My father, who grew up in rough area, can spot trash a mile away as well.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:34 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So you are saying that because of the share of crimes committed by Blacks, Blacks deserve to be treated harshly by the police?
Yes-

Do you treat a hornet and a butterfly differently?

Old 12-01-2014, 05:36 PM

233 posts, read 191,001 times
Please someone tell me why is it that white people are the first ones to say "All white people aren't racist" but in the same breath fail to realize that "All black men aren't thugs".

Old 12-01-2014, 05:36 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
People that obey the rules and act appropriately will NEVER have to deal with the police. The police go where the crime is.
The biggest crock of **** anyone has ever said.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:38 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tawanna Brawley, Duke LaCrosse, ect............

Farrakhan Threatens to “Tear This Godd*m Country Apart” Over Ferguson Shooting (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit#!

Blacks in general look absurb when they claim outrage over events involving guilty criminal elements and thier presumed abuse by police and the white community.

Now if a black "A" student with goals and aspirations was minding his own buisness and assaulted by the police or white supremicists, that would be news. EVERYONE would be expressing indignation and outrage over such an event.

Few, if any, people have sympathy when thugs and criminals meet thier demise.
Only thugs and criminals cry outrage over thugs and criminals

Old 12-01-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Yes-

Do you treat a hornet and a butterfly differently?
A hornet and a butterfly aren't even the same species. They aren't even humans, so don't even try to make a disingenuous comparison.

If a Black criminal and a White criminal are both being arrested, you are saying because of the statistics, the Black criminal should get treated worse than the White criminal. That is not only a bigoted argument, it doesn't make sense. Our Constitution guarantees every U.S. citizens should not be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment. This extends to when you arrest criminals. If you treat one criminal differently from another based on race, that is a violation of constitutional rights.

At the end of the day, once you have caught a criminal, does it even matter what race that criminal is? No it does not. The point is that said criminal is off the street and will do the time.

I'm not going to even ask about how law-abiding Blacks should react to this. I can already tell it doesn't make a difference with you. Anyone who believes Black criminals should be treated differently from White criminals already has a bigoted view, so all other bets are off.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:22 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
The biggest crock of **** anyone has ever said.
Yep. The OP grouping Trayvon Martin in with the rest was the big tell. Richard Sherman had it right, "thug" has become a substitute for "the N-word", which is how Martin gets put into this group.

And as for the Michael Brown shooting, local protests were to be expected, as they always happen. When the local police decided that mere protests deserved sonic cannons, tear-gassing and arresting reporters, and the like, however, it became an international embarrassment.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:25 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Quote:
Your personal conduct DOES make you eligible for the death penalty when you threaten the lives of others or try to wrestle a gun from a police officer.
Actually, it doesn't. The police officer on the scene is not the judge and jury. What kind of police state do you think we should live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies