Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 12:43 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Are you suggesting it's OK for cops to kill unarmed Black men because they kill each other?

That's like saying it's OK for a woman to get raped because rape happens to 1 in 4 women.

Not sure why people think this Black on Black crime argument is a good one.
No but it's OK to kill unarmed black guys when they are assaulting you.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Oh boy

Trayvon Martin was a thug? A criminal? Amazing.

I'll just copy and paste my reply from another topic.

Blacks who commit crimes against one another are generally prosecuted and thrown in jail.

if that's the case why is the crime rate in the black community high? I guess jail is not working since most black communities the crime rate won't go down. Can't blame the cops forever when the root of the problem is within the black community and most refuse to see.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Are you suggesting it's OK for cops to kill unarmed Black men because they kill each other?

That's like saying it's OK for a woman to get raped because rape happens to 1 in 4 women.

Not sure why people think this Black on Black crime argument is a good one.

an Unarmed person who has a weight advantage over a cop regardless of color is as dangerous when physically attacking a police officer and going after his gun as an armed person.

that's police academy 101, you don't let the criminal physically take you down and take your gun because that's your life.

Maybe if the black community teaches their youth and citizens not to attack the police and take their gun Michael Brown and others would alive.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:01 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It is a fair question to ask and I have Been asking it for days with no response. Let's say that it is a given that police brutality is prevalent against black people. Why don't they pick clear cases to showcase this injustice? They keep using these cases that are so muddy, and usually with known criminals. Shouldn't it be easy since it happens so often?
Good point. If police are waging a reign of terror against black people, why aren't we focusing on the cases where police gave some middle-aged man a beating for no reason at all? That would make for a much more sympathetic story than this Ferguson business.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:12 PM

779 posts, read 632,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if that's the case why is the crime rate in the black community high? I guess jail is not working since most black communities the crime rate won't go down. Can't blame the cops forever when the root of the problem is within the black community and most refuse to see.
Except the crime rate has gone down.It's the same reason that a crime rate exists for all races. Some criminals get out and commit new crimes and some people with no period commit new crimes.

What are cops being blamed for other than overly excessive use of force? How is a community of people to blame for such a thing?

Old 12-05-2014, 01:24 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I will say this. I know Michael Brown was a criminal. However, this is what I see. Black criminals who resist arrest or go shooting up places, they are far more likely to get killed by the police than White criminals doing the very same things. That is what bothers alot of Black people. The verdict, for me, isn't about defending a criminal. He stole from a store, so yes, he is a criminal. However, this is what bothers people. What is the likelihood of a White person getting killed by the police doing the exact same thing? That is what people are wondering about.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:30 PM

531 posts, read 501,285 times
It must cause the right so much cognitive dissonance when their racism robs them of a perfect opportunity to complain about the police state.

edit: Oops. This was meant for a similar thread, but it works here, too.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Except the crime rate has gone down.It's the same reason that a crime rate exists for all races. Some criminals get out and commit new crimes and some people with no period commit new crimes.

What are cops being blamed for other than overly excessive use of force? How is a community of people to blame for such a thing?

really? you think the Michael Brown case was an overly excessive use of force?

you rather have the criminal who had a weight advantage over the cop to take down the officer and take his gun?

how many benefit of the doubt and instruction to stand down must the police give the attacker before he uses his gun to defend his life? when the police gets killed by his own gun at the hands of his attacker?

how a black community ignoring the facts and destroying their town helps in this situation so this won't happen again?

Old 12-05-2014, 01:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dark View Post
It must cause the right so much cognitive dissonance when their racism robs them of a perfect opportunity to complain about the police state.

edit: Oops. This was meant for a similar thread, but it works here, too.
And it must cause the left so much cognitive dissonance when their love of government control robs them of the perfect opprotunity to complain about not having enough government enforcement of our daily lives.

BTW, in regards to racism, it's practically a useless term anymore. Too many black people yell racism to the point where I'm surprised I don't hear it when it rains.

"I was going to go on a picnic today, and now it's raining. I bet it's those racist weathermen who did this."

Old 12-05-2014, 01:58 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will say this. I know Michael Brown was a criminal. However, this is what I see. Black criminals who resist arrest or go shooting up places, they are far more likely to get killed by the police than White criminals doing the very same things. That is what bothers alot of Black people. The verdict, for me, isn't about defending a criminal. He stole from a store, so yes, he is a criminal. However, this is what bothers people. What is the likelihood of a White person getting killed by the police doing the exact same thing? That is what people are wondering about.
White people generally grow up in communities that respect law enforcement -- or more specifically -- law and order. We want to live in communities where our property is respected, and laws are enforced in order to protect our welfare, assets, and those around us.

Blacks, on the other hand, tend to be raised in communities where the police and other forms of authority are vilified, and cooperating with them, unfortunately, is considered "acting white". And before you or anyone calls me a racist for saying that, I will have you know that my black co-worker, who I get along with just fine, is the one who enlightened me to this, and he told me himself that "you can take a thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the thug" when describing the people he grew up with.

See the difference? Whites ARE less likely to be shot during police confrontations, because they tend to be less impulsive and while they may be argumentative at times and resist, they rarely attack police officers. And even if they do attack an officer, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone -- including whites -- coming to his defense and burning down neighborhoods in his memory. Whites know that attacking an officer is paramount to suicide. Isn't that obvious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies