Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 12:38 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Barronelle Stutzman, a 70-year-old grandmother, wouldn't provide flowers from her shop in Richland, Washington, for the 2013 wedding of Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed.
When longtime customer Ingersoll came to Arlene's Flowers and asked for the flowers, the devout Southern Baptist told him her 'relationship with Jesus Christ' wouldn't allow her to do the wedding.
The man was a long time customer. It had been alright to take his money up until then??? She could have saved herself a lot of trouble if she just said she was sorry but had planned a vacation for that time period.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:38 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
You have the right to associate with who you want. Christians and Islam does not accept Sodomites.

Skin color is not a choice for a person, SO if a Black person does not choose to associate with Chinese people THERE IS NO PENALTY IS THERE???

This is the same concept. Islam and Christians choose not to associate with anyone choosing to be a "perversion of nature." The fact that Sodomites in power ARE forcing sodomite associations on people who do not want to associate with them and provide them THEIR LABOR, does not make the law just. In fact it is disenfranchising other people in favor of them. NOT GOOD.
It took middle of the road people like me to join forces with people who never,ever accepted them on any terms. These people are going to find themselves totally isolated, eventually if they start THEIR OVERTHE TOP INTOLERANCE OF OTHERS.

Don't equate choice of switching birth gender to choice gender with natural birth of skin color and ethnicity, that is just pure ignorant and perverse of facts. Go ask some Black pastors and Black folks on this: They all will tell you your position is pure bull*rap. Give it up. You have no game.
The law has nothing to do with whom individuals may "associate". Do you not understand the difference between a business offering services to the public and an individual's interpersonal relationships?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
re-read............she is not hiring....she is selling goods
See the bolded part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
I don't run a store front these days but I make a product and sell it, mostly wholesale and I do not have any person of the muslim faith working for me. Nor JW"s or Mormons and a few others. I only hire people who have the same religious faith as I do. THat's my right. I don't tell them that but I hire so few and those types hardly ever come around but that's my rule and practice. I make it a point to seek employees I want so I don't list jobs where it might attract those I don't want to deal with.

I also ask questions and research anyone or any company I buy materials from to make sure they don't employee those of the Muslim faiths or support causes I am against. That's my right.

I sell to only those I approve. As a wholesale company I have that right. I protect my customers by not selling to competing retail outlets and have other limits.

See the word "hiring"? That means hiring.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
The man was a long time customer. It had been alright to take his money up until then??? She could have saved herself a lot of trouble if she just said she was sorry but had planned a vacation for that time period.
Apparently his money was fine as long as he and his partner were living in sin.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
What I found interesting is that when you read the article the one gay guy was a longtime customer, so his money was good enough at some point.

Also found it interesting that it was in the PNW, but than it stated the owner was originally from the south and a Baptist.

Hands down, there about as hateful a group you can find, they have no tolerance for even other religions such as Catholics, never mind gay people.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
You have the right to associate with who you want. Christians and Islam does not accept Sodomites.

Skin color is not a choice for a person, SO if a Black person does not choose to associate with Chinese people THERE IS NO PENALTY IS THERE???

This is the same concept. Islam and Christians choose not to associate with anyone choosing to be a "perversion of nature." The fact that Sodomites in power ARE forcing sodomite associations on people who do not want to associate with them and provide them THEIR LABOR, does not make the law just. In fact it is disenfranchising other people in favor of them. NOT GOOD.
It took middle of the road people like me to join forces with people who never,ever accepted them on any terms. These people are going to find themselves totally isolated, eventually if they start THEIR OVERTHE TOP INTOLERANCE OF OTHERS.

Don't equate choice of switching birth gender to choice gender with natural birth of skin color and ethnicity, that is just pure ignorant and perverse of facts. Go ask some Black pastors and Black folks on this: They all will tell you your position is pure bull*rap. Give it up. You have no game.

Associating with someone with like religious moral personal beliefs in a NON business setting is fine. You're right nobody can force you to sit diwn have a drink or get together with other religions or skin colors etc. It's a personal setting. People need to differentiate between their personal beliefs and business. Too bad many are too stupid to understand the differences. In a business you don't get to discriminate as if you would in a personal setting

Old 02-25-2015, 01:04 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,428,980 times
I am with the protest, i refuse to provide or accept services from gays.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:36 PM

185 posts, read 196,454 times
Geez, DPolo, I hope if you have a heart attack someday that the only doctor available is gay.. lol.. feel free to stick to your VALUES then...

I am totally amazed again and again how its always the religious people who are sooo full of hate..

Old 02-25-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I am with the protest, i refuse to provide or accept services from gays.
Do you own a business?

Old 02-25-2015, 02:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Apparently his money was fine as long as he and his partner were living in sin.
Apparently.

I do wonder how she rationalizes that little bit of hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies