Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 10:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The right to choose is there. Take advantage of it if you think it's wrong and immoral to work with a union by choosing to work in a non-unionized workplace.
No union should have the right to prevent a person from working for an employer who is willing to hire them.

Non-union workers should have the right to work anywhere an employer chooses to offer them a job.

Union workers should have the right to work anywhere an employer chooses to off them a job.

It's pretty simple. People should be allowed to work wherever someone offers them a legal job.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:27 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No it doesn't.

Right now, I can go talk to my coworkers and put a list of demands together and take that list to management if we chose. Nothing stops that, and if management doesn't meet our demands, we have the right to leave the company.
Unionized workers don't wait for conditions to get bad at work. They always hold meetings, such as every quarter, possibly at a restaurant, to socialize and discuss current working conditions and changes in policies the boss may be wanting to impose. Get rid of the union and the boss won't have to worry about such gatherings regularly going on.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:
The right to choose is there. Take advantage of it if you think it's wrong and immoral to work with a union by choosing to work in a non-unionized workplace.
In Wisconsin now there is no such thing as a "unionized workplace", problem solved.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
In many cases, workers want to suppress unions as well because they want nothing to do with them. I didn't lie about anything, in my opinion if you are forced to pay a union you are forced to join. I don't buy into the BS about agency fees, if you don't have a choice you are being forced to support a union.
Once again, if you don't want anything to do with a union, don't be foolish enough against yourself to work in a unionized workplace. Some people have boasted on here how they make more money in a non-unionized workplace for the same job.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Unionized workers don't wait for conditions to get bad at work. They always hold meetings, such as every quarter, possibly at a restaurant, to socialize and discuss current working conditions and changes in policies the boss may be wanting to impose. Get rid of the union and the boss won't have to worry about such gatherings regularly going on.
Where do you live where restaurants ban non-union people from gathering and discussing work?

Old 03-10-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Once again, if you don't want anything to do with a union, don't be foolish enough against yourself to work in a unionized workplace. Some people have boasted on here how they make more money in a non-unionized workplace for the same job.
Once again, unions should not be able to effectively ban non-union workers or force them to pay dues just to work somewhere.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Right to work states are not business friendly. That is another myth. If true NC would have the lowest UE rate and highest earnings in the country. Today they are near the middle on UE and the bottom on earnings. As for benefits I just vol. at a free dental clinic which had a large number of people who have no dental or medicare coverage.

Right to work= the employer does not need to offer fair wages or benefits.
States with or without right to work are most business friendly that stress support for public and college education. A number of Right to Work states, such as Oklahoma, suffer a lot by not doing this. As a result, they don't attract much business and industry, especially from firms providing jobs that pay well.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I'd rather we just eliminate the notion of a unionized workplace, let people choose what they want to do.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:41 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
If you are speaking of me, I am not boasting, just merely pointing out a fact that you CAN make better wages and NOT be in a union....why did I state that fact? Well people were saying that if your not in a union, you have no health insurance, bad work conditions, cannot talk to your boss, no promotions low wages (compared to a union worker).. blah blah blah....

Old 03-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
States with or without right to work are most business friendly that stress support for public and college education. A number of Right to Work states, such as Oklahoma, suffer a lot by not doing this. As a result, they don't attract much business and industry, especially from firms providing jobs that pay well.
If Oklahoma supported collection educations more and stressed the importance of them the people wouldn't need labor unions to protect them from their own ignorance anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies