Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 07:42 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
We just don't think that way. Unlike liberals, we don't think money is the answer to everything. We have real principles that we don't violate on a whim. We don't say Bush is a war criminal for use of drones and then say nothing when Obama steps up the drone program like you do. We don't say that changing the rules of Senate debates would be dangerous to the nation when Bush is president and then make those very same changes when Obama is President like you do.

We don't oppose unions because unions donate to Democrats instead of us. That's liberal thinking. We oppose unions because we believe they violate peoples' freedom and because they make American business less competitive in the global market against nations who don't have unions.
X100 The truth hurts.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:43 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Conservatives and big business have known for a long time how easy it is to turn one part of the working class against another while they sit at home eating lobster and laughing all the way to the bank.
And labor union leaders and democrats have known for a long time how easy it is to stay in power if they just convince their supporters and members that everyone else hates them.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:48 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
Union are a joke in todays day and age. Ive been in several unions, one where it was mandatory and others where it was optional. Though I paid my dues the union will still represent those that do not. So what was the point in paying? Unions are a bunch of cry babies in my opinion. Some people just want to work, not suck everything out of their employer. If you aren't happy with where you work maybe you should find one elsewhere. Instead of protesting because you think you are worth more why don't you show your worth and get back to work.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:07 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
WOW what nonsense.
Some people are completely duped by the right-wing propaganda. You would think that they would be able to reason better. Think about the lack of intelligence it takes to elect a party that destroyed the federal budget surplus, blew billions on wars and enacted deficit creation through tax cuts, and desires complete plutocratic control of the U.S. Government.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I suggest import tariffs and internal taxes high enough to negate the savings created by companies that are not unionized.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:04 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suggest import tariffs and internal taxes high enough to negate the savings created by companies that are not unionized.
How Communist of you comrade

Old 03-12-2015, 11:24 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

We don't oppose unions because unions donate to Democrats instead of us. That's liberal thinking. We oppose unions because we believe they violate peoples' freedom and because they make American business less competitive in the global market against nations who don't have unions.
How do unions violate peoples' freedom? No one forces you to work in a unionized workplace. If a formerly non-unionized workplace where you work becomes unionized, you have the right to quit working there and happily join a non-unionized workplace. Unions are where they are, due to a vote under a democracy. What's the matter? You don't believe in democracy?

It's like citizens in a town, who vote to raise the city sales tax and win. But you would be asking why now do I have to pay more taxes, since I never voted to raise them? But I would only tell you that you don't really have to pay higher sales taxes. Do something about it by moving to a city where the sales taxes are lower.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:40 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How do unions violate peoples' freedom? No one forces you to work in a unionized workplace. If a formerly non-unionized workplace where you work becomes unionized, you have the right to quit working there and happily join a non-unionized workplace. Unions are where they are, due to a vote under a democracy. What's the matter? You don't believe in democracy?

It's like citizens in a town, who vote to raise the city sales tax and win. But you would be asking why now do I have to pay more taxes, since I never voted to raise them? But I would only tell you that you don't really have to pay higher sales taxes. Do something about it by moving to a city where the sales taxes are lower.
Sure! Just quit your job. Move. Let unions dictate your life.

Freedom? You shouldn't have to pay to get or remain on a job. You get a job to make money, not to pay someone your money for the privilege of being able to provide for yourself and your family.

In your philosophy you don't believe in freedom. Why don't you move to a country that wasn't founded on freedom? I'm sure you'll be much happier there.

That's just as ludicrous as what you espouse.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Some people are completely duped by the right-wing propaganda. You would think that they would be able to reason better. Think about the lack of intelligence it takes to elect a party that destroyed the federal budget surplus, blew billions on wars and enacted deficit creation through tax cuts, and desires complete plutocratic control of the U.S. Government.
The surplus? The one that existed only on paper?

Tax cuts stimulate the economy.

Plutocratic control? You are speaking about Obama, right?

Old 03-12-2015, 12:30 PM

5,363 posts, read 5,141,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If unions are as great as you make them sound why do you have to force people to join and pay in? Shouldn't people be happy with the union and be begging to join?
I just explained the theory of why they should be forced to pay and join. Because a union requires unanimous membership and payment, and that could lead to corruption, I believe there is probably alternatives of collective bargaining that could work better than unions in many cases. Workers want collective bargaining. However, they may not want to do it through the union vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Most large companies, such as Wal-Mart do a good job keeping unions out and not allowing things to reach the point where employees can vote on it. Wal-Mart is too scared the employees will vote YES to let a union in.
They do have a very anti union training session. I heard that employees had to watch several videos threatening them not to join a union basically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It hasn't been passed in all 50 states because labor unions give hundreds of millions of dollars a year to democrat politicians who in turn block right to work legislation.
But the democrats can't override everything. I'm sorry, but I don't think thats the only reason it has not been
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies