Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 05:57 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
False.

We aren't taking about Christian bakeries. We are talking about bakeries owned by a Christian.

Playing games with words to try to make your point sound more significant than it is makes clear that you know what you're saying has no merit without distorting the reality.

Nobody plays more word games on these issues than the gay rights advocates who turn every slight into an act of hatred, bigotry, and ignorant.

A florist who gladly sells flowers to and is friendly with a gay customer, but won't sell flowers for a ssm --- hater, bigot, ignorant.

A pizza lady who sells to gays, but won't sell a theoretical pizza to a theoretical ssm --- you got it, hater, bigot, ignorant.

For word games and the sky is falling hyperbole, the gay/left propaganda machine takes the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 07:04 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
We don't need more laws, just more education. Trying to force people to think a certain way has failed so many times in history you think people would learn.
To educate some Christians out of their narrow beliefs or to educate gay people that being denied services provided to others is not really discrimination? Seriously?!?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
You sound like the typical "salad-bar" Christian pick what you like,reject what you don't,and you do not know scripture or your god very well.I notice you ignore the god of the OT and those scriptures and only like the warm fuzzy Jesus!!!!!

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Now this is Jesus speaking~But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.Luke 19:27

"He said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)"

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.Rev.2:22
23-And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.Rev2:23

HOW ASININE to ignore that Jesus taught that marriage was only between one man and one woman! He even considered those who divorce and remarry while the previous spouse is still living.... ADULTERERS!

His disciples whom he sent out to teach what he had taught them told what would happen to the homosexuals and how is was UNNATURAL!

btw,I went back and checked and my posts were not deleted[pg174post-1732,pg180-posts1792-1796-1797],including where I said I am not a CHRISTIAN! So NUFF SAID about your credibility/character!
LOL, you are quite the "Non Christian" with all your quotes. Some you have added chapter and verse and others not though I can imagine why.

And sorry I was wrong.... it must have been you other delightful posts about how homosexuals were ruining your TV viewing and corrupting your poor grandchildren and should be voted off the island that got deleted and not your oh so truthful one denying that you're a Christian. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

Last edited by UNC4Me; 04-06-2015 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-06-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Not exactly. I asked what if he did? What if he put Jesus saves on his cakes?

The guy makes wedding cakes. He doesn't make cakes to celebrate Satan. He doesn't make cakes to celebrate gay marriage. If you want to get a cake to celebrate your marriage, then go to a gay baker.
Does he put Jesus Saves on all his wedding cakes? If so and he tells his potential customers up front and they still choose to order a cake, then I see no issue. He stated his intents and the customer agreed.

But what if he allows some customers to request the phrase be left off and insists on putting it on other cakes? Why the unequal treatment for certain customers and for what reason?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:28 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
SCOTUS has already ruled that closely held corporation (not publicly traded) business owners retain their First Amendment right to exercise their religion regardless of what a law mandates.
**** the Supreme Court. Corporations are not people. The SCOTUS ruled that way because they were appointed due to corporate lobbyists.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
**** the Supreme Court. Corporations are not people. The SCOTUS ruled that way because they were appointed due to corporate lobbyists.
The Supreme Court did not rule that corporations are people. They rule that the only speech that is issued by corporations comes from people, and the free speech rights of those people is not constrained just because they do not limit their utterances to what the Democratic party and the left desires.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:48 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
**** the Supreme Court.
The SCOTUS Hobby Lobby ruling is restricted to closely held corporations (not publicly traded) only, and there must be a less-restrictive means of acquiring the services/goods.

In the case of bakeries, florists, photographers, cateres, officiants, etc., there are plenty of less-restrictive means to acquire such goods/services for weddings. I posted a link extolling the virtues and even downright trendiness of buying a wedding cake from publicly traded corporation grocery stores. And the photos showed some really beautiful wedding cakes.

So, no, a closely held wedding goods/services business doesn't have to provide goods/services for a same-sex wedding if it violates the business owner's religion.

Trend We Love: Supermarket Wedding Cakes | BridalGuide

The wedding cakes are beautiful. Take your pick!

Old 04-06-2015, 07:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Santorum on RFRAs: 'Tolerance a '2-way street' - CNN.com

"Tolerance is a two-way street," Santorum said.
"If you're a print shop and you are a gay man, should you be forced to print 'God hates ****' for the Westboro Baptist Church because they hold those signs up?" Santorum said.

----------------------
This law isn't about religion at all. It is about protecting people from the people themselves and put a stop to frivolous law suits once and for all.

It isn't persecution, its prosecution.

For those who do not get that, I don't know what to say.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:58 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Supreme Court did not rule that corporations are people. They rule that the only speech that is issued by corporations comes from people, and the free speech rights of those people is not constrained just because they do not limit their utterances to what the Democratic party and the left desires.
"Money is speech."

Old 04-06-2015, 07:58 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The SCOTUS Hobby Lobby ruling is restricted to closely held corporations (not publicly traded) only, and there must be a less-restrictive means of acquiring the services/goods.

In the case of bakeries, florists, photographers, cateres, officiants, etc., there are plenty of less-restrictive means to acquire such goods/services for weddings. I posted a link extolling the virtues and even downright trendiness of buying a wedding cake from publicly traded corporation grocery stores. And the photos showed some really beautiful wedding cakes.

So, no, a closely held wedding goods/services business doesn't have to provide goods/services for a same-sex wedding if it violates the business owner's religion.

Trend We Love: Supermarket Wedding Cakes | BridalGuide

The wedding cakes are beautiful. Take your pick!
Hobby Lobby didn't want to pay the added premium for BC for the employees that were never going to use the BC services. It is a waste of money to be made to pay for something you're never going to use. They wanted to opt out and they found a loop hole within the laws.

btw, Indiana religious freedom bill was re-written so the gay couple who go to the baker shop and get turned away can now prosecute the Baker. So, they have come about full circle and didn't accomplish a dam thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies