Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:00 AM

25 posts, read 18,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
With any group, there are a variety. Certainly some do and others probably have various reasons for their beliefs.
Yes, this is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If he is "rambling on" and/or going on "all day long" about any subject, he sounds obsessive compulsive or possibly even manic.

You should be looking into psychiatric help for him, not starting threads about him.
It's an expression.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
LOL @ bolded. I am going to ASSume here, excuse me if i am wrong. Your cousin perhaps can only draw stick figures. Does he REALLY believe he is Vincent Van Gogh simply because he is... well... white?

White supremacists confuse me. I have to be honest here.

I know a racist, (his word, not me). What surprises me is that he really likes me. (Maybe because I am mixed, maybe because I listen to what he has to say) I don't know. I don't agree with racist views toward certain minorities, but I have a confession to make, I don't disagree with everything he has to say.

He hates black and Muslims, he also hates CERTAIN Asians (not all, but some specific kinds) He says Asians steal white men's intellectual property and use it against them. Asians are also jealous of white culture, many of them are white wannabe.

Honestly speaking, I understand where the negative stereotypes coming from. I just wish that he can view everyone as an individual. If he likes a mixed Japanese/white girl like me, I think he should give all minority a chance. He also needs to be honest, NOT every white person is beautiful, honest, hard working, talented, etc, etc, etc. If he can be honest about this, then people will take him more seriously.

I think white supremacists can change.

I don't think this guy I know suffers from low self-esteem. I think he is genuinely proud of his heritage. He is a very kind person who is willing to help others (his own people) hehe I have no problems with him, he has no problems with me. but I have to admit, many of his racist rant is hard to hear.
Racists tend to make compromises. Like with my cousin and his football team that has a lot of black players he cheers on.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:05 AM

939 posts, read 795,969 times
Anyone that puts down others simply because of their skin color has low self esteem- and other problems. Oftentimes putting others down is a reflection of how a person feels about themself. Of course, they are not going to admit it.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:19 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalFan2004 View Post
It's an expression.
"All day long" isn't an expression.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
"All day long" isn't an expression.
Pedantic, much?

I didn't mean it in literal terms.

If I say my cat eats "all day long," do you honestly think I mean she's eating every minute, every hour of the day?

Okay, to be absolutely clear - he doesn't ramble about white supremacy "all day long."

But he does it excessively. Say every time I go visit his family. Asking me whether I have "turned," etc.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:32 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Pedantic, much?

If I say my cat eats "all day long," do you honestly think I mean she's eating every minute, every hour of the day?
That fact that you have a cat explains a lot about your OP.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:35 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
White Supremacists suffer from a lot of things, including low self-esteem and low education.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:33 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Pedantic, much?

Okay, to be absolutely clear - he doesn't ramble about white supremacy "all day long."

But he does it excessively. Say every time I go visit his family. Asking me whether I have "turned," etc.
Why didn't you just say he talks about it way more than you are comfortable with. If you are exaggerating about "rambling all day long", what else are you exaggerating about?

It makes a big difference if people are expected to comment on the subject.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 03-31-2015 at 12:43 PM..

Old 03-31-2015, 12:58 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
That's pretty much the case with all nationalists/racists/religious nuts/extreme social movements. They are usually driven by low self esteem and the need to feel like they are a part of something.
This.

"Supremacists" are usually weak individuals without any actual societal power, who feel marginalized and insecure. Thus, the need to attach their identity to group or ideology politics.

It explains attraction to any radical ideology. Disenfranchised youth are some of the easiest to target. Be it leftist Marxism to fascism, white supremacists to black nationalists, or fundamentalist religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies