Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Probably the same reason other gangs have low self esteem. Once they figure out they can't leave the gang easily and the gang has no future plan, what is left?? Sure it becomes harder to be a nothing in life as one gets older, never making plans while young.

I just wonder why gangs of any kind were ever allowed to grow?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:17 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No- I think it is low IQ, and not low self esteem.

If racism made rational sense, I would be a racist. However, racism is based in irrational thought and a misunderstanding of genetics.

I do believe, however, that cultural practices and beliefs can sustain and promote "racist" stereotypes. Why? Cultures which promote-

1. violence
2. lack of two parent families
3. lack emphasis on education
4. favor drugs as a mean of escape
5. lack of assimilation
6. seek victimization

... will tend to sink to the lower socio-economic strata of the US.

Being black is not the problem among blacks. Current "black culture" is the problem among blacks in the US. One simply needs to take a look at black immigrants who have not assimilated black culture in the US- they have done just fine.

Wake up!
There is no "black culture" in the USA. The only "Black Culture" has its origins in AFRICA. Africans in the USA were stripped of their culture during the process of enslavement. Blacks in the USA do NOT practice African culture and any native African will tell you that. In Ghana American blacks are often called "Obruni" and in East Africa we would be called "Mzungu", not because we are not biologically African, but because we are not culturally African.

Now....keep in mind that no one is born with culture. Culture is an acquired trait and is acquired through socialization and acculturation via emulation. In other words, we see and then we do as we see. Thus, the idea of "black culture" is really a misrepresentation. It's really the "culture of the racially oppressed". What may make it "black culture" is the fact that the racial oppression was targeted at black people, but any race would have had the same reaction to the oppression. In other words, the reaction to racial oppression is a HUMAN reaction, not a racial reaction. It's not how blacks have reacted and become, its how HUMANS react and become as a consequence of the time and space oppression that black endured.

Some people uses "culture" as a euphemism for race. They have negative feelings towards black people as a collective....but do not want to see themselves as racist because they are trying to avoid the moral injury. Thus, they say that its not "race" that they have a problem with, but rather, a culture that is endemic to a particular race. The thing is.....they do not link this culture origin to the larger cultures historical behavior. The so called "black culture" is really the bad side of white culture.....because white society showed blacks their worst side for 400 years....and thus our cultural immersion as a people has been the conditioning of whites treating blacks bad, for the most part, and whites using violence as a means of control over blacks and whites fathering children with black women and not claiming them. I mean, the most popular term we use to reference each other, the N word, came from white culture. It was a term of abuse and denigration and now its one of the most popular terms used by blacks to reference other blacks. That just shows you the roots of your culture. It's YOUR culture.

That said, I think white supremacy believers come from all socioeconomic strata, as well as all levels of intellect. I think that emotions can often override intelligence and create the type of selection bias needed to confirm preconceived notions.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:51 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That's the first time I've ever heard anyone compare the Jews of prewar Europe to modern American blacks.
Then you should read a bit more outside of conservative propaganda. Don't feel like writing a term pper for you but read about the American Civil Rights movement and how blacks were treated in the Jim Crow South.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
He is probably just projecting his own feelings on to others...dude needs help.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:00 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
I don't know any, but yer cousin sounds like a loser.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:34 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Most "surpremacists" are at the very least narcissistic. I don't know about self-esteem. Self-centered? Absolutely.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:01 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Seems like a fake story. I suspect the OP is actually the person he writes about.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
In my opinion, the answer is yes in many, if not most cases.

I once met some unabashedly racist people in a small town in the mountains of far northeastern Pennsylvania. They lived in one of those manufactured double-wide homes in a very depressed town with few jobs and a bleak outlook. They had a Confederate flag (Gen. Beauregard's famous "Southern Cross" battle flag, not "The Stars and Bars") I asked if they were Southerners proud of their ancestors. No, they were native Pennsylvanians. If they were Pennsylvanians why would they have a Confederate flag on their house? Are they Civil War buffs?? I mean, Pennsylvania was invaded by the Confederate army, right?!?! No, they they just wanted to express their animus against Black folks.

The area they lived in was quite pretty and most people around there do not share their views. In that part of the state there are very very few African American people. I used to rent a cabin on a lovely lake up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies