Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:52 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> They want sanctions lifted so oil and money can flow through the region again.
Yet so many naysayers suggest Iran isn't negotiating ..wait..IF they weren't under duress..They'd have NO REASON to negotiate..Those that try as they might suggest sanctions had nothing to do with creating an opening for negotiations are living in netherland...

In the meantime..Iran walks away..no agreement..listening to Israrel's Prime Minister..I recall that Chicken Little cry "The Sky is Falling" I'm so disheartened that Any Country leader would undermine not just USA but ALL the Countries at the table !!..

Israel has the "Iron Dome" to protect from bombs..Who paid for it or helped pay for it?? Point really is..That Iron Dome protects only those his Govt. needs protections...Protections seem to be selective..depends on IF you agree with them??? I'm indicating the Bedouins that live in Isreal..who from all accounts have NO protections and basically told..YOU ARE OWN YOUR OWN...

Bottomline..Walk Away..Let Iran continue without any monitoring..and let them do whatever they want..How does that HELP American/Israel interests? My question..keep at table..enforce rules..verifications required keeps Iran on the Straight and narrow....Sanctions ( which BTW was poo- poo'd back when initiated) DID force Iran to realize the necessity..Bibi needs to STOP with his HATE talk..as he is now and has never been part of the solution in negotiating peace in the region since I ever recall...

Look what fear mongering got USA involved with on false narrative..Unending war..destabilizing of an area and NO exit strategy much less ability to fill voids created...SMH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:02 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,842 times
I feel that trees and walls respond to me better than posters who continue to pursue their agenda. People have bias, there is no question about it. But then you have people who suffer from 'group think', which basically follows the party line. What their political affiliation says must be true. What anybody else says must be wrong. Facts on the ground are rejected at façade, because my party's self interests thinks differently...

It has been explained ad nausea about Iran's terror sponsorship and its implications to the U.S and the World. One can either choose to accept it or reject it, don't care. What needs to be addressed which no one has is if Iran goes nuclear, then the international coalition has failed to endorse the NPT. Therefor, countries around the world will develop their own nuclear weapons without any legitimacy to stop it. This will make the world much more instable There is allot more at stake than just Republican and Democratic bickering.

In essence, liberalism or neo-liberalism in the international arena would fail, it would have no longer any legitimacy to add stability in the world. Our resident democrats have no understanding of this concept.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Yet so many naysayers suggest Iran isn't negotiating ..wait..IF they weren't under duress..They'd have NO REASON to negotiate..Those that try as they might suggest sanctions had nothing to do with creating an opening for negotiations are living in netherland...
Iran is really dictating what they want instead of negotiating.

Quote:
In the meantime..Iran walks away..no agreement..listening to Israrel's Prime Minister..I recall that Chicken Little cry "The Sky is Falling" I'm so disheartened that Any Country leader would undermine not just USA but ALL the Countries at the table !!..
Certain countries at the table happen to agree with Israel Pm.

Quote:
Israel has the "Iron Dome" to protect from bombs..Who paid for it or helped pay for it?? Point really is..That Iron Dome protects only those his Govt. needs protections...Protections seem to be selective..depends on IF you agree with them??? I'm indicating the Bedouins that live in Isreal..who from all accounts have NO protections and basically told..YOU ARE OWN YOUR OWN...
Iron Dome is not perfect and certainly isn't 100%. The Iron Dome protects everyone in Israel. The US helped fund a military technology that it is also interested in. You don't seen to have any good facts about Iron Dome at all. What you say about the Bedouins in Israel is false. There is no way Israel can only protect certain areas within Israel.

Quote:
Bottomline..Walk Away..Let Iran continue without any monitoring..and let them do whatever they want..How does that HELP American/Israel interests? My question..keep at table..enforce rules..verifications required keeps Iran on the Straight and narrow....Sanctions ( which BTW was poo- poo'd back when initiated) DID force Iran to realize the necessity..Bibi needs to STOP with his HATE talk..as he is now and has never been part of the solution in negotiating peace in the region since I ever recall...
Iran will do what it wants regardless. What kind of monitoring do you think they will be under? Inspectors are easily fooled as been proven in the past. I don't recall hearing Bibi say any hate talk. Who's been part of the solution in negotiating peace in the region? US? It is quite the opposite.

Quote:
Look what fear mongering got USA involved with on false narrative..Unending war..destabilizing of an area and NO exit strategy much less ability to fill voids created...SMH
The region has always been unstable.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
BMorejuice.

I support a balanced budget. I am pro-life. I am anti death penalty. I believe gay couples should be able to marry. I disagree that the government should force anyone to bake them a cake. I believe in protecting our borders including who we let in. I do not believe we should be policing the borders of other countries.

Which party leaders would you say I am taking my lead.from?

Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
BMorejuice.

I support a balanced budget. I am pro-life. I am anti death penalty. I believe gay couples should be able to marry. I disagree that the government should force anyone to bake them a cake. I believe in protecting our borders including who we let in. I do not believe we should be policing the borders of other countries.

Which party leaders would you say I am taking my lead.from?
It's like listening to myself talk, run for POTUS dude!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
It's like listening to myself talk, run for POTUS dude!
LOL, thanks but I want my skeletons to stay right where they are at.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:36 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
A nuclear or chemical bomb can be delivered in a suitcase. And that will happen soon if we keep idiots like Obama Clinton and Kerry in charge.
North Korea most likely has more than a dozen "suitcase" (snicker) bombs.

What did Bush do about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh. A nuclear suitcase weapons is a whole nother ball game then what Iran can do.
41 days.

That's all it takes. High school kids can put one together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You might as well be talking about them using orbital lasers. So far only us and the soviets have managed it, and their yield is a lot smaller then even the ones dropped on Japan.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

What is the size of a large coffee can -- 8" in diameter and just over 13" in height -- and goes "boom?"

Okay, well, it's only 0.1 kilotons, but that's not the point.

The point is how wrong you are.

Pakistan and India both have them. Greece, Turkey, Germany, the Netherlands, Britain, Belgium and the US had them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, you're wrong. I'm Conservative and I've been hearing this "Iran has nuclear weapons" or "the capability of nuclear weapons" since the early 90s. Go do a search for Iran nuclear weapons 1990, or pick even maybe the 80s, or even earlier if you want. It's the same words.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm actually in agreement with a lot of libs....
This has nothing to do with *******s and everything to do with Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> They want sanctions lifted so oil and money can flow through the region again.
Why?

India has their back, and so does China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Suitcase nuke nonsense AGAIN?
It's not nonsense.

The story of the Soviet/Russian nukes was total nonsense, and nothing but lies.

However, the fact or the existence of what are really atomic demolition munitions or artillery fired atomic projectiles is very much real.

The US had 226 back-pack nukes.

Would you like me to tell you where every stinking one of them was, or just some of them?

Hint: There were none in Bad Tolz in spite of US Media rants.

And that doesn't even count the 155mm or 203mm arty rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Amazing that this nuke they've been "months away from" for years now has morphed into a sophisticated one deliverable in a suitcase, eh? Before we know it the whole magilla will be neatly packaged in the secret-decoder ring they all wear
What did you expect?

These people are more into fantasies to help them choke their chicken than seeking the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
I feel that trees and walls respond to me better than posters who continue to pursue their agenda.
Right, 'cause Truth is such a horrible thing.

Atomically...

Mircea

Old 04-01-2015, 09:57 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Many of the comments here are focused on the threat (or according to some, lack of such) of a nuclear weapon in the hands of a radical Islamic regime towards Israel.
The Obama policy is not just endangering Israel. The Iranian regime already has ballistic missiles designed to be fitted with a nuclear warhead. The range of these missiles currently covers all of the Middle East as well as southern, eastern, and central Europe. At the current rate of development, the regime will have an ICBM in the not too distant future.
So a bomb in the hands of a jihadi, theocratic, apocalyptic regime is a lethal threat to populations well beyond Israel, including the US.
Not true, North Korea has nukes, did not use it! What's the point of posting 100 similar threads talking about the same issue, the moderators seem to be silent on this anomalie.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
When are you flat earthers going to recognize that the oceans won't protect us anymore?
We either let them get it in secret or we do it with more transparency. I think people forgot how close the destruction of human civilization came with the US and the Soviets.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:00 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That's right, stick your head in the sand and keep repeating the above over and over again.
You keep your head in the mud & keep singing the perpetual israeli propaganda over & over again to drag America to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies