Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:37 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Or maybe countries have WMDs of any kind primarily as a political weapon and as a defensive measure rather than offensive. Do I know what the Iranians would do if they had a nuke? No, no one does, but the fact that they have had WMDs for decades and never used them suggests they are not seeking a nuke just to fire it off as soon as they get one.

look at Pakistan, north Korea they have nukes and big mouths that's about it!!! Iran would be the same.. if they ever launched a nuke they know they would be turned to tektites..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 10:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking An Iranian bomb would be a MAJOR threat to YOUR security

No it wouldn't.

But don't let that keep you from having nightmares about those sneaky Iranians hiding under your bed.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
An Iranian bomb would be a MAJOR threat to YOUR security
Maybe. And that's why you make it clear that for every one they use on us, we will use 10 on them.

[the odds are against them]

Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Lets hope the never develop a "Marble" sized Nuke. It would only have a blast radius of 20 feet, with a Mushroom cloud 4 feet high. But the damage would not be pleasant. Imagine having your pants and shoes burned off, the hair on your legs singed, and your toes smoldering.

Watch out.... You could step out of bed, and....Pooof...

Old 04-01-2015, 10:58 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No it wouldn't. Not one bit.

Whomever else it would threaten is not our problem.
Let me know what several million degrees F feel like when one lands near you. AtomicBombMuseum.org - Overview Let us not bury our head in the sand about this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpXnOpSEJX0

Old 04-02-2015, 02:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Let me know what several million degrees F feel like when one lands near you. AtomicBombMuseum.org - Overview Let us not bury our head in the sand about this one.
Meh...whatever.

I'm not worried about Iran.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:26 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Israelii propaganda !!

Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Iran is just a tiny country, far, far away.
Yeah, they might do something some day so we should do something to them first, eh? That policy has served so well in the past

Old 04-02-2015, 05:24 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
I feel that trees and walls respond to me better than posters who continue to pursue their agenda. People have bias, there is no question about it. But then you have people who suffer from 'group think', which basically follows the party line. What their political affiliation says must be true. What anybody else says must be wrong. Facts on the ground are rejected at façade, because my party's self interests thinks differently...
And you are somehow different in any respect from that description of people? It seems not.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:32 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
I am not worried. As a child in the early 1960s I was thoroughly trained in the science of 'duck and cover'.

True, the desks we had in grade school seemed a wee bit smallish, and I was worried about the hole on my desktop (where inkwells would have gone in the 'good old days') allowing in stray radiation, but I have kept my training up vigorously to this very day.

I do agree, however, that our nation is, and has been for decades, at risk of a devastating bombing. If nothing else, a container ship entering one of our East or West coast ports, with a nuclear device hidden aboard, could create havoc and death in large numbers.

I would rather that Iran not have 'the bomb'. I wish that other countries did not have 'the bomb'. Yet, we must live in reality. Perhaps, through a agreement (and recall that the USA is not the only party to these negotiations), we (i.e., nations of the world) may delay Iran in getting 'the bomb' for several years.

Indeed, Iran used to be a 'friend' of the USA, and I am hopeful that someday they shall be again. I knew several Iranians back in college, before the Revolution, and they were salt-of-the-earth people. The nutters obtained control of the country, but that does not mean that they will always be in control. I am pleased that the current political leader of Iran is, at least, a bit more 'moderate', and at least willing to go to the negotiating table. Back in the 1980s that would not even had been contemplated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies