Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,010,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
My point? Is it not obvious?
Iran cannot be allowed to be armed with nuclear weapons.

And yet here the US and Russia sit with the largest nuclear arsenals in the world. Not to mention several OTHER nations who have them. All it takes is one rogue idiot in any of the nations that have arsenals (yes it could happen here too) to set one off! So, let's insure that we and the other nations that possess them get rid of them, before we tell others that they can't have them. Or are we going the route of we're the US of A and we can do whatever the hell we want, and use whatever means to protect ourselves, but others can't? I figure it this way, should Iran get the bomb, and if for some reason they try to use it against us, or Israel then it would pretty much seal their fate. I don't think even Iran is crazy enough to try to take a poke at us without being provoked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,818,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And yet here the US and Russia sit with the largest nuclear arsenals in the world. Not to mention several OTHER nations who have them. All it takes is one rogue idiot in any of the nations that have arsenals (yes it could happen here too) to set one off! So, let's insure that we and the other nations that possess them get rid of them, before we tell others that they can't have them. Or are we going the route of we're the US of A and we can do whatever the hell we want, and use whatever means to protect ourselves, but others can't? I figure it this way, should Iran get the bomb, and if for some reason they try to use it against us, or Israel then it would pretty much seal their fate. I don't think even Iran is crazy enough to try to take a poke at us without being provoked!
I fear you underestimate their level of crazy.
Quote:
Iran militia chief: Destroying Israel is ‘nonnegotiable’
Basij commander Mohammad Reza Naqdi also threatens Saudis, saying their fate will be like that of Saddam Hussein

Read more: Iran militia chief: Destroying Israel is 'nonnegotiable' | The Times of Israel Iran militia chief: Destroying Israel is 'nonnegotiable' | The Times of Israel

Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,596,583 times
Quote:
My point? Is it not obvious?
Iran cannot be allowed to be armed with nuclear weapons.
What part of the pending agreement would allow Iran to have nukes?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:02 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,098,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes some of their leaders said bad things ( I think we have heard that before) still the younger and more educated Iranians are more reasonable and there is hope for the future. They have some issues but still one of the ME countries most like the us.

I recall negotiating with the Soviet Union after they actually did something like putting missiles in Cuba, Iran hasn't done anything to us.

You're getting ahead of yourself with other nations getting nuclear capability.
Three days ago an Iranian general has expressed more annihilation of Israel by stating that its destruction is non-negotiable. Yup all rhetoric, no worry right.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I fear you underestimate their level of crazy.

Hmmm? Israel has nuclear weapons, and has threatened Iran numerous times. Can you blame them for not wanting to have the means to protect themselves? Honestly, I say let the middle east countries fight it out amongst themselves and we stay the f*** out of it for once! Quit sending aid! Quit pandering to these countries that have no regard to human rights i.e. Saudi Arabia... quit propping up regimes, quit aiding rebels that end up turning on us any way! Enough is enough already! We have our own issues to fix, with the loss of jobs, the further erosion of the middle class, a crappy economy, and a growing illegal immigration problem that neither side will address, other than to give them more freebies! Let's take care of ourselves for once! And THEN after that, if someone over there takes a poke at us, THEN and only THEN bomb the f*** out anyone who does!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:08 AM

29,581 posts, read 19,691,638 times
^^

What a crock of **** you spout off. Israel has threatened Iran you say? Would Israel care about Iran if they were not funding, training, and supplying weapons to Hezbuallah who have launched attacks on Israel many many times?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:14 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,962,103 times
Quote:
Hmmm? Israel has nuclear weapons, and has threatened Iran numerous times. Can you blame them for not wanting to have the means to protect themselves? Honestly, I say let the middle east countries fight it out amongst themselves and we stay the f*** out of it for once! Quit sending aid! Quit pandering to these countries that have no regard to human rights i.e. Saudi Arabia... quit propping up regimes, quit aiding rebels that end up turning on us any way! Enough is enough already! We have our own issues to fix, with the loss of jobs, the further erosion of the middle class, a crappy economy, and a growing illegal immigration problem that neither side will address, other than to give them more freebies! Let's take care of ourselves for once! And THEN after that, if someone over there takes a poke at us, THEN and only THEN bomb the f*** out anyone who does!
Fearmongering can no longer be used to coerce Americans into war-we are SICK of it.

Saudi Arabia and Israel are allies we don't need, and The Middle East is a region we need to get the HELL out of.

In the meantime I'd welcome all peaceful Middle Easterners to seek refuge in this country as we try to save it.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
^^

What a crock of **** you spout off. Israel has threatened Iran you say? Would Israel care about Iran if they were not funding, training, and supplying weapons to Hezbuallah who have launched attacks on Israel many many times?

Look pal! That region has been a hornets nest since biblical times! If they haven't figured out how to get along with each other by now, then they're not going to, and therefore; it's time we get the f*** out! Sorry, but the lives of our fellow Americans are not worth wasting in that s*** hole!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 AM

29,581 posts, read 19,691,638 times
Quote:
Look pal! That region has been a hornets nest since biblical times! If they haven't figured out how to get along with each other by now, then they're not going to, and therefore; it's time we get the f*** out! Sorry, but the lives of our fellow Americans are not worth wasting in that s*** hole!
I'm not disputing that, I'm disputing the notion that Israel would threaten Iran just for kicks. We all know Iran has clearly stated that they believe Israrl should not exist. They don't have the balls to try something themselves (yet), because they saw what happened in 1967 to five Arab states that were planning to invade Israel. So what do they do? Fight a proxy war via Hezbuallah in Lebanon. Do you actually think Israel is just going to sit there and let rockets rain down on their citizens?

As for your opinion that we should get out of the Middle East and let them kill each, yeah that would be ideal, but the problem is the world relies on their oil, and until we can replace them for our supply of oil, guess what like it or not somehow the U.S. and other global powers will be involved in Middle Eastern affairs

Old 04-02-2015, 11:50 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,582,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Even if it didn't target the US, the explosion and cloud would probably contribute to climate change, so they should be stopped on that basis if not on one of security....
No one is trying to stop you from stopping them. Go for it. Let me know how you make out. I would be glad to contribute a roll of "tinfoil" for your hats, while you are stopping them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies