Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 07:41 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Why are people so damn concerned over this?

Old 04-15-2015, 07:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
well I see the same conspiracy nuts that are on every conspiracy thread are here

1. the walmarts that closed were all built in the 80's

2. plumbing is an issue in old store, corrosion , settleing etc
2a one of the stores (in Oklahoma) had major issues with land settling, due to the earth quakes that have been happening...sewage pipes within the slab breaking

3. its the end of the QUARTER, all bonuses are paid in march...

4. the buildings will need to have the floors torn up for the sewage repair

5. they will all be renovated

6. ALL employees will be taken care of, by other stores

7 the closures will be MAX 6 months...most will be open within 5 months...just in time for Christmas when retail makes all its money

so endeth the conspiracy theory

Old 04-15-2015, 09:06 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
So, none of the stores sought out permits for repairs prior to the sudden closing?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:08 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So, none of the stores sought out permits for repairs prior to the sudden closing?
That's what I've seen so far. I also read that the Midland Walmart had been remodeled just a year ago and that remodel included new plumbing. I read that in the comments to an article and he Walmart page for that store does mention that it was recently remodeled. I think this is weird.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The real question is, why are you not. Five stores in 4 different states, across 4 timezones all closed for the same bizarre reason (plumbing issues) for 6 months, with no prior notification and no permits for said repairs. And the fact that this isn't odd to you, is....odd.

Last edited by Sophiasmommy; 04-15-2015 at 09:19 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 09:12 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
The real question is, why are you not. Five stores in 4 different states, across 4 timezones all closed for the same bizarre reason (plumbing issues) for 5 months, with no prior notification and no permits for said repairs. And the fact that this isn't odd to you, is....odd.
I agree. And I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm "concerned", I just find it odd and I don't believe they are being honest with their reason for closing. Walmart gets major tax breaks to build stores. They also employ large numbers of people. In some towns they have already put smaller stores out of business and then one day they just up and close and give some weird reason for it that doesn't match up to reality? That is strange. Curiosity makes me question it.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:15 AM

5,342 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Ditto but then again, there are literally hundreds of topics that I don't care about that people go on and on over.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well I see the same conspiracy nuts that are on every conspiracy thread are here

1. the walmarts that closed were all built in the 80's

2. plumbing is an issue in old store, corrosion , settleing etc
2a one of the stores (in Oklahoma) had major issues with land settling, due to the earth quakes that have been happening...sewage pipes within the slab breaking

3. its the end of the QUARTER, all bonuses are paid in march...

4. the buildings will need to have the floors torn up for the sewage repair

5. they will all be renovated

6. ALL employees will be taken care of, by other stores

7 the closures will be MAX 6 months...most will be open within 5 months...just in time for Christmas when retail makes all its money

so endeth the conspiracy theory
A. I'm not a conspiracy theorist; at all and never post in those threads, so your opening premise is a false one. I will address your fallacies and red herrings, one by one:

1. Got a link? The picture of the one in Pico Rivera looks like many built in the early 2000's in SoCal where we moved from. I mean, how would you even know they were all built in the 80's, did you pull building permits?

2. Fair enough, but, 6 months?!?!? Plus, as many have mentioned in this thread already, many have been to Walmarts and other stores where they did renos but remained open. And, if you are going to close for such a long period of time, you get permits, weeks in advance. None of the stores got permits prior to closing.

3. I don't understand the relevancy of that point.

4. Okay, see answer in 2

5. Link? And again, 2

6. Okay

7. Gotta link?

Most of your rebuttals were vague generalities and pure speculation on your behalf. Again, 5 stores across 4 timezones all closed on the same day, with no prior notice, all for the same odd reason (plumbing issues) no permits were pulled and this isn't odd in any way, shape or form to you? Ha.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That's what I've seen so far. I also read that the Midland Walmart had been remodeled just a year ago and that remodel included new plumbing. I read that in the comments to an article and he Walmart page for that store does mention that it was recently remodeled. I think this is weird.
Hmm....workingclasshero, wanna address that? Or do you just want to deflect and distract by name calling? Your choice.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Ditto but then again, there are literally hundreds of topics that I don't care about that people go on and on over.
Okay, fair enough, but lemme ask you: why does this not interest you, with all of the odd points that have been brought up and confirmed? At the very least, it is an odd story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies