Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
No business, especially with a team of 6 and 7 figure attorneys on retainer closes down for 6 months of repairs without first getting building permits, this does not happen. Please explain this. Thanks
Man you are really invested in this eh?

Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with plumbing or military exercises. There must have been some union organizing or hints of labor unrest at these locations. Retailers, no matter how big, do not close down entire stores for repairs. I've been in the retail field for a long time, and have experience with remodeling stores and operational and maintenance issues. Unless there were major asbestos issues, which I highly doubt, retailers do not close stores temporarily, nor do they pay the employees 2 months pay in a situation like this. Walmart permanently closed a store in Canada because of unionization.
Thank you. As stated several times, numerous Walmarts had renos going on and remained open. That being said, I believe the union theory was debunked. I dunno.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:04 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Man you are really invested in this eh?
No, not really. Just posting in a thread on a message board; y'know, kinda the reason that message boards exist in the first place. But thanks for your thought provoking contribution to the topic, do you have a newsletter that I may subscribe to?

Old 04-15-2015, 10:05 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
I don't see what's odd. Walmart is a big corporation requiring a big bureaucracy. So they pick a date to close the 6 (or is it 5?) stores than need repairs. Gosh, out of their thousands of stores, is it a surprise that 5-6 need plumbing repairs?
I've already explained why I find it odd. These stores were all closed on the same day, at the same hour with no notice. They all report that they need 6 months for "plumbing repairs". There are lots of examples of Walmart stores undergoing total remodels and expansions when they don't even close for a day. They haven't obtained permits prior to closing. Six months is a long time to close and lose revenue. Sales tax revenue will also be lost so cities are concerned. Even the Public Works Director in one of the cities finds the sudden closure to be very odd.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:10 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Neither of those threads are conspiracies, nice try. You lied and said all of those stores were built in the 80's. Admit and retract your lie. Or provide a link to that claim. Since you made that up, what more did you make up? Why were no permits pulled? You didn't address that. Many Walmarts, including a few here in Greenville stayed open while renos were ongoing. The one in Midland, Texas had a recent renovation, including plumbing. I'm sorry, but your sloppy posting is rife with fallacies and diminishes your credibility.

A Walmart official also said repairs haven’t started yet because they still need to organize the store after so many shoppers came out to take advantage of closing deals.

She added each of these five stores closed, there have been upwards of 100 plumbing or pipe incidents in just the past two years. That, and that alone, is the only connection, according to WalMart officials.

Read more at 'Plumbing Problems' Abruptly Close Multiple WalMart Stores

A WalMart official said that more than 100 plumbing issues plagued the north Midland WalMart location over the last two years and that repeated attempts to fix them failed.

and the stores WERE built in the 80's AND 90's

the midland texas one was 1994 to be specific

Old 04-15-2015, 10:18 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Customers skeptical about Walmart plumbing problems

10 News [Tampa] asked a Walmart spokesperson whether the five stores were built from the same design, whether they had the same contractor, anything to understand why all of them closed on the same day for "plumbing issues."

The only thing they have in common, the spokesperson said are the highest number of plumbing incidents.

She added each of these five stores closed, there have been upwards of 100 plumbing or pipe incidents in just the past two years. That, and that alone, is the only connection, according to Walmart officials.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Customers skeptical about Walmart plumbing problems

10 News [Tampa] asked a Walmart spokesperson whether the five stores were built from the same design, whether they had the same contractor, anything to understand why all of them closed on the same day for "plumbing issues."

The only thing they have in common, the spokesperson said are the highest number of plumbing incidents.

She added each of these five stores closed, there have been upwards of 100 plumbing or pipe incidents in just the past two years. That, and that alone, is the only connection, according to Walmart officials.
Oh, no. There has to be a conspiracy.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:26 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
A Walmart official also said repairs haven’t started yet because they still need to organize the store after so many shoppers came out to take advantage of closing deals.

She added each of these five stores closed, there have been upwards of 100 plumbing or pipe incidents in just the past two years. That, and that alone, is the only connection, according to WalMart officials.

A WalMart official said that more than 100 plumbing issues plagued the north Midland WalMart location over the last two years and that repeated attempts to fix them failed.

the midland texas one was 1994 to be specific
You said 80s, not 80s and 90s.

Why does the progressive left keep trying to use Snopes to reinforce an argument?

Old 04-15-2015, 11:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You said 80s, not 80s and 90s.

Why does the progressive left keep trying to use Snopes to reinforce an argument?
Just FYI, the poster you quoted is about as far from "progressive left" as one can get.

I could see someone calling someone else out if s/he had said 60's or 70s and the reality was 80s and 90s, but, to include 80s and then think that wasn't good enough?

Seriously?

This is the sign of someone who really has no interest in anything other than enforcing the warped thesis that opened this thread.

As for the, ahem, war games: some one or some where has to represent the bad guys even if it is just pretend.
Some times I really do think that some people were born yesterday.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:08 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Just FYI, the poster you quoted is about as far from "progressive left" as one can get.
Then why Snopes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I could see someone calling someone else out if s/he had said 60's or 70s and the reality was 80s and 90s, but, to include 80s and then think that wasn't good enough?

--------------------
Sophiasmommy replied to workingclasshero's claim that "1. the walmarts that closed were all built in the 80's [no 90s mentioned]" with two comments as follow:
Quote:
A. I'm not a conspiracy theorist; at all and never post in those threads, so your opening premise is a false one. I will address your fallacies and red herrings, one by one:
and
Quote:
1. Got a link? The picture of the one in Pico Rivera looks like many built in the early 2000's in SoCal where we moved from. I mean, how would you even know they were all built in the 80's, did you pull building permits?

It was only after Sophiasmommy's replies to workingclasshero that the latter then insisted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
complete with emphasis on "WERE," as reproduced verbatim above. The casual reader might interpret that "WERE" (the commentator's own emphasis) to mean s/he originally insisted same, which was not the case.

Last edited by mm4; 04-15-2015 at 12:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies