Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Good grief! We're talking about ONE person.

That said, I think Affleck is nuts, though a hottie. There's a saying, "If you shake the family tree, you're bound to get some nuts"; also "If you dig under the family tree, you're bound to get some dirt". Affleck should know that.

What about a fruit tree?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:41 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:

That said, I think Affleck is nuts, though a hottie. There's a saying, "If you shake the family tree, you're bound to get some nuts"; also "If you dig under the family tree, you're bound to get some dirt". Affleck should know that.
I think Ben made a poor choice. But I honestly believe he is a genuine person. Maybe he wants to be a politician in the future. Just because he is a celebrity, doesn't mean he wants to share EVERYTHING with the public. I think people should cut him some slack.

The YOUNG Ben has to be one of the most handsome man, but that is another topic.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:53 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think Ben made a poor choice. But I honestly believe he is a genuine person. Maybe he wants to be a politician in the future. Just because he is a celebrity, doesn't mean he wants to share EVERYTHING with the public. I think people should cut him some slack.

The YOUNG Ben has to be one of the most handsome man, but that is another topic.
I don't think anybody in their right mind would blame old Benny for his ancestors owning slaves, its the fact that him and the media tried to cover it up.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:54 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I understand wanting some privacy but most intelligent people that want privacy would understand that inviting PBS to do an investigative show into their ancestry might dig up some things said individual might not want disclosed.

What is with the women fawning over BA? There is nothing appealing about him, especially now.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I don't think anybody in their right mind would blame old Benny for his ancestors owning slaves, its the fact that him and the media tried to cover it up.
I understand. But I think sometimes celebrities have to pay a price for just being famous. (don't think it is fair to them)

My grandpa always told me "Don't Air your dirty laundry in public." I think he is right about that.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:57 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
He pushed them to do it and they acknowledged that it was unethical to do so, yet went ahead and acquiesced to his demands.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:58 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Is he for real ? I mean what is it with these hippy dippy celebs these days ???? I mean I agree with the if you shake the family tree you are bound to get some nuts . I agree . These celebs need to get over themselves . So what you have a bad person in your family in 100 years jeeze im sure we all do . Cry me a river , build a bridge and walk over it .

Old 04-20-2015, 10:27 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
I agree,

Though, isn't it a shame the left doesn't want to everyone else to collectively dump their "white guilt" as quickly and quietly as Mr. Affleck is being allowed to?
I have no idea what you mean when you say "the left" and what "white guilt" is there to collectively dump?

If I did not do something I have no guilt to dump, I'm not sure why this concept is so hard to completely grasp.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:29 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Ben Affleck Pressured PBS to Edit Out Slave-Owning Grandfather in Ancestry Doc - Breitbart

I bet a lot of people have slave owners in their family if their ancestors are from the South. The celebrities who are on this show have a problem if they want to hide that.
They were our ancestors. you know, like they are dead, and we had nothing whatsoever to do with what they did before we were born. Amazing how people want to continue to blame current living people for things they had no control over.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:41 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:

So true, we have 32 great great great grandparents, the possibilities are endless. I'm not sure how old he is, but that gets most middle aged people back to 1820ish. His slave owner ancestor could even fall into the 64 great great great great grandparents range, egads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies