Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 07:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So in other words this is nothing more than faux outrage because right wingers think this is how liberals would act if it was a right winger not wanting to talk about their ancestry. I guess good job for taking the low road on this one.
Yeah, you keep thinking this while your side is proven to hunt down young bakery women and try to destroy their lives over their faith, that wasn't an issue until a reporter made it an issue.......the left just hunts for their prey!

Nobody is OUTRAGED and nobody is SURPRISED a liberal would try to lie and hide from their relatives past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 07:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I don't think anybody in their right mind would blame old Benny for his ancestors owning slaves, its the fact that him and the media tried to cover it up.
right. ken burns and Anderson cooper found out on the program that they had slave-owing ancestors - they both manned up and dealt with it.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
right. ken burns and Anderson cooper found out on the program that they had slave-owing ancestors - they both manned up and dealt with it.
You know what side Affleck is really afraid of......it isn't the right! People on the right know this can happen with long family lines, the left thinks it can just go away with a pen and phone!

Old 04-22-2015, 07:30 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
What's to deal with? My family tree is filled with people who did things both great and terrible, including abolitionists and slave owners. The slave angle has been done. While I think Affleck was wrong to try to manipulate the story, the final program did, in fact, find a more interesting ancestor to highlight. When I watch WDYTYA and FYR, what I'm looking for is inspiration and clues to help me in my own research. That can't happen if they do the same story over and over again.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-22-2015 at 07:41 AM..

Old 04-22-2015, 08:59 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
So.......Bennifer wants to play fast and loose with editing facts on a show about his own ancestry. Imagine that, a phony in Hollyweird.

It's no wonder that this is the guy who brought us the epic Gigli. He shouldn't win Oscars, he should just get special awards from the fine people at Massengill.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:08 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
At least he apologized. He's not very good at processing things. We found out he was intellectually immature during his botched attempt at defending Islam against Sam Harris and Bill Maher, now he has shown he is emotionally immature.

Unfortunately, he's having to go through these character development challenges in the public eye. I feel bad for him.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:47 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Called it.

As usual.

Affleck: Hey, sorry for pressuring PBS into covering up my embarrassing ancestor « Hot Air

Old 04-22-2015, 10:56 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
That's stupid as Nicholas Cage and Ed Harris in National Treasure 2 - a movie about 2 grown men trying to save their great great grandpappy's reputations. Who cares?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
this is good.

Quote:
Statement from PBS and WNET on
FINDING YOUR ROOTS Episode "Roots of Freedom"

April 21, 2015 - PBS and WNET are conducting an internal review led by our respective programming teams of the circumstances around FINDING YOUR ROOTS episode "Roots of Freedom."

This matter came to PBS' attention on Friday morning, April 17th. Professor Gates and his producers immediately responded to our initial questions.

In order to gather the facts to determine whether or not all of PBS' editorial standards were observed, on Saturday, April 18th, we began an internal review. We have been moving forward deliberately yet swiftly to conduct this review.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:01 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yes, you are usually right. But it was called in the OP and throughout this thread despite the desperate attempts by Urbanlife and some other posters to defend this coward.

He really made a mess of what really would not have caused anyone to bat an eye. Which just makes him look spineless and weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies