Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 10:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He is a public figure that engaged a Highly Visable international public television program to research his ancestry and then create a TV show about the investigation.

What exactly are you missing?
And there is something about his ancestry he isn't proud of and doesn't want to talk about it. So what I am missing? Where is the outrage coming from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And there is something about his ancestry he isn't proud of and doesn't want to talk about it. So what I am missing? Where is the outrage coming from?
From the people who think that bringing it up over & over again somehow absolves them of their own issues that they continue to blame on the slave owners. Just a guess.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sure nothing like the left picking and choosing. Uncomfortable about what, that his family was an elite southern white family? I don't think anyone is disputing Affleck's rights

I am sure if Dick Cheney had done the same you'd be singing a different tune.....but you can tell us you would not!

Nay, the cookie is yours, the mafia and all. At least you stayed true to your family tree, voting Democrat.
So in other words this is nothing more than faux outrage because right wingers think this is how liberals would act if it was a right winger not wanting to talk about their ancestry. I guess good job for taking the low road on this one.

Well this liberal will tell you that I wouldn't care if Cheney'Cheney's ancestry was tied to slave trade, Cheney himself is still a horrible human being.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:14 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Gigli.

It's his displayed hypocrisy based on his many outspoken views relative to racism. He makes himself a target for criticism and rightfully so.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I chose my words carefully, to fit the facts. Brazil was a kingdom until 1889. The American people retained slavery after the will of the majority of every other constitutionally democratic republic in the western hemisphere had already abolished slavery. Which is what I said..
you should choose them more carefully. brazil gained its independence in 1822, not 1889.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Gigli.

It's his displayed hypocracy based on his many outspoken views relative to racism. He makes himself a target for criticism and rightfully so.
He can be outspoken against racism if he wants to, the choices of his ancestors isn't his own choices and he can choose to ignore that part of his ancestry if he likes. My dad's side of the family is basically dead to us after my grandmother past away, I wouldn't talk about that side of my family either if asked about it.

And yes, we are all still mad at him about Gigli, though thanks to the new Daredevil series on Netflix, I am just getting over the poor performance of him as Daredevil....Though now we have him as Batman, so who knows.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Affleck is a celeb so, he's fair game. I ain't saying it's right but; it is what it is.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:51 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
He can be outspoken against racism if he wants to, the choices of his ancestors isn't his own choices and he can choose to ignore that part of his ancestry if he likes. My dad's side of the family is basically dead to us after my grandmother past away, I wouldn't talk about that side of my family either if asked about it.

And yes, we are all still mad at him about Gigli, though thanks to the new Daredevil series on Netflix, I am just getting over the poor performance of him as Daredevil....Though now we have him as Batman, so who knows.
Affleck used his Star Power in Hollywood to pressure a journalist, historian and mega entertainment corporation to edit material that no other famous person had done in similar circumstances.

That kind of stuff pisses most regular people off.

Trust me if this was a known right nutjob people from all over the left would be flying off the handle especially since Gates is an leftie supporter and regular beer summit attendee.

I suspect our POSTUS would probably have a thing or two to say about it as well given the drinking relationship with Gates.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Affleck is a celeb so, he's fair game. I ain't saying it's right but; it is what it is.
And I doubt Affleck cares about what random people on a random forum site think about him.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Affleck used his Star Power in Hollywood to pressure a journalist, historian and mega entertainment corporation to edit material that no other famous person had done in similar circumstances.

That kind of stuff pisses most regular people off.

Trust me if this was a known right nutjob people from all over the left would be flying off the handle especially since Gates is an leftie supporter and regular beer summit attendee.

I suspect our POSTUS would probably have a thing or two to say about it as well given the drinking relationship with Gates.
How dare he do that when it comes to talking about his ancestry, he should be forced to openly talk about everyone in his ancestry because he is famous and all. What evil person uses their power to tell a entertainment show to edit out something about their ancestry because they don't want to talk about that....this man is just pure evil.

I have a feeling most regular people don't care about Affleck's ancestry. I have seen the show before, it has always been extremely edited because it is television.

I am sure you are right, if this were some right wing nutjob, there would be liberals jumping all over this as well, and I would be calling them out for this faux outrage. Basically you guys are running with, "well the liberals would be doing this too if it was a right wing person." That seems like a lame excuse to me, but if it makes you guys feel better to act like liberals, then who am I to argue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies