Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:46 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, I also do work part time at a hotel. It is with a bunch of old friends, I don't like working out, so that tends to be where much of my exercise comes from. So spare me this weak attempt to pretend you have any idea what I do in the real world. .
Hahaaaa...yea o.k....you work hotels, do real estate, and blah blah blah....

You are on the internet

Quote:
And you wouldn't be where you are without your parents creating you.
LOL...so now it's about creating, way to CHANGE the goal post....typical leftist.....

What, you mean when my dad signed me into the Army at 17? Yea...

Other than that, we lived in a $1500 house trailer...I got nothing from my parents....I know that may shock you that someone does not like their parents....but...oh well...

I'm where I am not because of my parents, because I busted my ass, unlike you who sat on the coat tails of your parents....

I thought lefties were against getting a leg up on others? You have failed your leftist mantra...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 06:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahaaaa...yea o.k....you work hotels, do real estate, and blah blah blah....

You are on the internet

LOL...so now it's about creating, way to CHANGE the goal post....typical leftist.....

What, you mean when my dad signed me into the Army at 17? Yea...

Other than that, we lived in a $1500 house trailer...I got nothing from my parents....I know that may shock you that someone does not like their parents....but...oh well...

I'm where I am not because of my parents, because I busted my ass, unlike you who sat on the coat tails of your parents....

I thought lefties were against getting a leg up on others? You have failed your leftist mantra...
Well this thread isn't about me, I don't know you, nor do I care, so moving on.

A trailer, sounds successful....oh and this post you are making on my comment is misleading, no goal posts were moved, my opinion still is the same.

I thought all right wingers on here were all multi-millionaires who owned businesses, guess I have been mistaken.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Well this thread isn't about me, I don't know you, nor do I care, so moving on.

A trailer, sounds successful....oh and this post you are making on my comment is misleading, no goal posts were moved, my opinion still is the same.

I thought all right wingers on here were all multi-millionaires who owned businesses, guess I have been mistaken.
Goal posts were moved...

Quote:
More reading comprehension problems? Unless you also vote Democrat, it is a safe bet you vote Republican each election...well you might throw your vote away by voting Libertarian, but I bet you vote Republican every time.

Haha, well I wasn't sure what "steeped" meant. Thought I should clarify it for you. And why am I a Democrat, well it is none of your business. Maybe you can start a thread about why people are a part of the parties they are a part of. But for me, that is something that is personal and not something up for debate.

Technically my parents made me, but I have done just fine with my life and my accomplishments. Not all of us are multi-millionaires and business owners like so many right wingers on C-D claim to be.

I would be where I am because of my hard work, not because of some wealthy company.
Quote:
Did you want a cookie for being a Republican? I worked hard for everything I have earned in my life and gotten to where I am today, and I vote Democrat because I don't think we should be letting the wealthy take advantage 9 everyone else.
Make up your mind....your parents made you, by given you a sold base to start on....

Then you say I would not be where I am because my parent's CREATED me...

If you cannot tell the difference, that is the reason why you are a dem...

Old 04-28-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Goal posts were moved...

Make up your mind....your parents made you, by given you a sold base to start on....

Then you say I would not be where I am because my parent's CREATED me...

If you cannot tell the difference, that is the reason why you are a dem...
Well I can't help you with your reading comprehension issue, but you wouldn't exist if your parents didn't make you, therefore you wouldn't be where you are today without your parents even if you hate them. I am not here to be a therapist, just stating an obvious fact. Moving on.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:59 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Why would an already successful person be going to night school or trade school? They already did. How do you think they became successful? The Billionaire isn't saying that people who are already successful still do all the things that unsuccessful won't, he's saying that doing those things is what will help people eventually find success, whereas the people who don't do them are less likely to ever find success.

This is what you quoted:
The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is
that successful people do all the things unsuccessful people don't want to
do.

Are you saying that your quote doesn't apply once a person is successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If you have two McDonalds employees, one works eight hours, punches the clock then goes home..... the other clocks out and then goes to night school for another 4-6 hours, which do you think is more likely to find success at some point?
Who knows? But you're asking me to make a logical conclusion and here goes:

Any person who works eight hours and then goes to night school for 6 hours is enduring a crazy schedule and is constantly so tired that he/she can't do a good job at work and can't focus in class; not to mention said person is unlikely to have sufficient time to prepare for class and is most likely failing the grade. He is also susceptible to being fired because this person is tired all the time and is under performing. In an effort to "do all the things unsuccessful people don't want to do", this person instead is failing at everything -both job and study.

The employee who works eight hours and then goes home might be doing a great job (because he is well rested and not taking on extra work).

The thing is: successful people use their brains, they prioritize, they manage time efficiently, and they put themselves in the best position to succeed. The person working an 8 hr shift and then immediately goes to school for 4-6 hrs is not putting himself/herself in the best position to succeed, instead is prone for a major burnout.

What the later person needs is a little bit of help to turn his motivation into something tangible - financial aid so he/she can work less hours and focuses more on school, more weekend classes for them to choose from, Affordable Healthcare so this person can be taken care of when sick in order to continue to focus on job and classes, free tutoring so this person can catch up and get extra mentoring, and lastly - some sort of wage hike so this person can make more money to support him/her working less hours in order to concentrate on the classes.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times

Old 04-28-2015, 01:42 PM

So for one to be successful, they must be unsuccessful....that is pretty much what that iceberg picture is saying. So all those who are unsuccessful are actually successful people in the making.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Well I can't help you with your reading comprehension issue, but you wouldn't exist if your parents didn't make you, therefore you wouldn't be where you are today without your parents even if you hate them. I am not here to be a therapist, just stating an obvious fact. Moving on.
No reading comprehension problems....not a single one....you went from riding the coat tails of your parents to being created by your parents...

There is a reading comprehension problem alright....but it's not me, hell, you cannot even follow your own postings...

Old 04-28-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
So for one to be successful, they must be unsuccessful....that is pretty much what that iceberg picture is saying. So all those who are unsuccessful are actually successful people in the making.
Talk about a reading comprehension problem.....

Many are, unlike you who rode your parents coat tails to get a better life....

Yes, my parents created me, but they in NO way, brought me to where I am today....unlike your parents...who paid for everything you have....

Old 04-28-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
No reading comprehension problems....not a single one....you went from riding the coat tails of your parents to being created by your parents...

There is a reading comprehension problem alright....but it's not me, hell, you cannot even follow your own postings...
Quote:
Talk about a reading comprehension problem.....

Many are, unlike you who rode your parents coat tails to get a better life....

Yes, my parents created me, but they in NO way, brought me to where I am today....unlike your parents...who paid for everything you have....
Nice try kiddo, have fun playing with yourself with this strawman argument you have tangled yourself up in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies