Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 04:17 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is luck. That's right, luck. It is NOT hard work. I know a lot of hard working people, 99.9% are middle class. It's not talent. Talent helps but that talent has to be discovered. Do you think every girl that can sing like Beyonce gets discovered by the right people? Success does NOT come from listening to self proclaimed financial "guru's" or reading books like "The Four Work Week," "The Secret," or "Rich Dad Poor Dad," it does NOT come from attending fancy seminars that cost a fortune to attend. Thinking about success does NOT guarantee you will have it either. I can think I'm gonna be LeBron James all I want, at 5'4 and 35 years old its never gonna happen. The cold hard fact is that life is not fair. Fair doesn't exist, (especially with the way things are going with the current wealth and power structure here in the US),. In life, some get the sh*t, some get the stains
LOL...YOU DIDN'T build that...LOL....what a crock....

I'm NOT rich by no means (not a millionaire) but since I joined the work force in 1987....I busted my ass to get where I am.....I planned ahead, I knew where I wanted to go and be.....

People who want to get the crap, get it....others, like you say F it...and vote dem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 04:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

I'm NOT rich by no means (not a millionaire) but since I joined the work force in 1987....I busted my ass to get where I am.....I planned ahead, I knew where I wanted to go and be.....

People who want to get the crap, get it....others, like you say F it...and vote dem...
Did you want a cookie for being a Republican? I worked hard for everything I have earned in my life and gotten to where I am today, and I vote Democrat because I don't think we should be letting the wealthy take advantage 9 everyone else.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:54 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,929 times
Quote:

I know a lot of people that bust their ass just to keep their head above water. When the republicans economic policies benefit ME, then I'll consider voting for them. If you're not a millionaire and voting republican it must be because of gun rights, (which I'm for too, but my wallet comes first),.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:02 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Who knew the drug addicted who can't hold a job are just unlucky.

You insult everyone who has busted their ass to improve themselves to make a better life for themselves and their family. Shame on you.
The drug addicted aren't unlucky, but drug addiction needs to be treated as a public health issue and not a crime. It cut Portugal's drug problem down. I'm not out to insult anyone, just call it the way it is. Statistics show that its extremely difficult to move up in class in America. If you are born middle class then you'll most likely die middle class. I know people who tried to be successful and failed. It doesn't make them bad people. Let's be honest, wealth and success breed wealth and success. It takes money to make money. No such thing as a free lunch.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Are you paying attention, McDonalds workers who are complaining you don't get paid $15 per hour???

Billionaire: Here's the difference between successful, unsuccessful people
Absolute truth.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did you want a cookie for being a Republican?
Do you want a rag to wipe the tears because you are a democrat?

Quote:
I worked hard for everything I have earned in my life and gotten to where I am today,
You mean you steeped up and did what was necessary?

Quote:
and I vote Democrat because I don't think we should be letting the wealthy take advantage 9 everyone else.
So, without given a "tell all" what business trade are you in....

Do you work for a person who is..dare I say, rich?

Old 04-27-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I know a lot of people that bust their ass just to keep their head above water.
So do I, the problem is they are NOT living within their means....are the people you know living WITHIN what they make? Or are they extending themselves to have those "nice thing."?

Quote:
When the republicans economic policies benefit ME, then I'll consider voting for them.
What have the dems done?

Quote:
If you're not a millionaire and voting republican it must be because of gun rights, (which I'm for too, but my wallet comes first),.
This comment has to be up for the "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about" award on CD......

Old 04-27-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Do you want a rag to wipe the tears because you are a democrat?

You mean you steeped up and did what was necessary?

So, without given a "tell all" what business trade are you in....

Do you work for a person who is..dare I say, rich?
Reading comprehension problems? I never said I was sad to be a Democrat. I am quite proud to be a liberal and a Democrat.

"Steeped up?" I am guessing you mean "stepped up?" And yes, I have stepped up numerous times throughout my life to do what is right for myself to get me to where I want to be.

As for what I do, real estate and design work. I work for a couple companies which are wealthy corporations, and I also work for myself. I also make it a point to have enough free time to enjoy my life so that I am not in my old age thinking I wasted my life always working and never living.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Reading comprehension problems? I never said I was sad to be a Democrat. I am quite proud to be a liberal and a Democrat.
Find where I EVER said I was a repub?

Quote:
"Steeped up?" I am guessing you mean "stepped up?" And yes, I have stepped up numerous times throughout my life to do what is right for myself to get me to where I want to be.
So why are you a dem? Also gotta love the "misspelled word" reference....That's when people KNOW they have lost a discussion....

Quote:
As for what I do, real estate and design work. I work for a couple companies which are wealthy corporations, and I also work for myself. I also make it a point to have enough free time to enjoy my life so that I am not in my old age thinking I wasted my life always working and never living.
So you built yourself....yet you work for "wealthy" companies?

Would you be where you are if it were not for the wealthy companies?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Find where I EVER said I was a repub?

So why are you a dem? Also gotta love the "misspelled word" reference....That's when people KNOW they have lost a discussion....

So you built yourself....yet you work for "wealthy" companies?

Would you be where you are if it were not for the wealthy companies?
More reading comprehension problems? Unless you also vote Democrat, it is a safe bet you vote Republican each election...well you might throw your vote away by voting Libertarian, but I bet you vote Republican every time.

Haha, well I wasn't sure what "steeped" meant. Thought I should clarify it for you. And why am I a Democrat, well it is none of your business. Maybe you can start a thread about why people are a part of the parties they are a part of. But for me, that is something that is personal and not something up for debate.

Technically my parents made me, but I have done just fine with my life and my accomplishments. Not all of us are multi-millionaires and business owners like so many right wingers on C-D claim to be.

I would be where I am because of my hard work, not because of some wealthy company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies