Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 09:28 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This is what the mayor wanted, right....she got it...

"“We also gave those who wish to destroy space to do that as well.”

Well, they took her at her word...

What is even more funny, is that during the ferguson riots they were complaining about the police strong handling people...now here, they are complaining there are no police..

Freaking amazing....
Yup, they were even saying the police looked too aggressive in their camo clothes and assault rifles

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

Best way to deal with vicious vermin of any color. It's time the decent people of Baltimore took their city back from the savages.

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Maybe if Baltimore had more moms like this riots wouldn't happen, or maybe if she disciplined him earlier Mom beats son for participating in Baltimore riots

Old 04-28-2015, 09:29 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The context was edited by Fox news. Isn't context important anymore?
You mean the context of burning cars and buildings and throwing bricks at the police? How exactly did Fox edit that?

Old 04-28-2015, 09:29 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqpDFfSLMs8

A nononsense guy shouldn't go along with this kind of partisan nonsense. There is no blatant lie here. And it is fair to say that people are mischaracterizing the mayor's words.

It's clear what she meant. She wanted to give the legitimate protestors space to protest without the police being in their faces. But as an unfortunate byproduct of that the rioters also got space to riot. She was not saying that she wanted people to riot or that she indended to keep police away so they could riot.
I suspect that's what she meant. (I can't imagine anything else?) but she used the word "destroy". That was more than unfortunate words, it was blatant stupidity. I'm not sure this wouldn't have happened anyway, it probably would. But that is beyond a mistep. I am not one to recall every politician that screws up, but this lady is not qualified to run a city like Baltimore. That is the most epic F-up I've ever seen (only closely followed by the Governor seeing the riots and claiming they did not constitute a state of emergency, and willfully neglecting to call in the National Guard).

Old 04-28-2015, 09:32 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
It was edited to sound like she wanted to give them room to destroy her city, when in fact she thought it was an unfortunate side effect to allowing protests because you 'inadvertently allow those who want to destroy as well.'
CBS edited? How? That's where it came from...
There's no editing. She can come back and say she didn't mean to say what she said... but there's no editing.

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Maybe if Baltimore had more moms like this riots wouldn't happen, or maybe if she disciplined him earlier Mom beats son for participating in Baltimore riots
The moment your mom embarrass you in front of all your idiotic friends ... We need more of it.

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
You mean the context of burning cars and buildings and throwing bricks at the police? How exactly did Fox edit that?
Look at it this way. If what the Mayor said wasn't spun to sound like she was giving permission to do those things, maybe those things wouldn't have happened. Media bears some responsibility.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:33 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Default The Baltimore riots are not about race.

It doesn't matter if I think the violence is justified; it doesn't matter if you think it's justified -it isn't.

What matters is that the rioters think it's justified, and if we want these riots to stop, we have to convince the disaffected that we as a nation tolerate no double standards. This is being discussed as a racial incident (yet another one under Obama the Great Healer, but that's another discussion), but this is not a racial incident when you drill all the way to the bottom of it, in my opinion.

The fundamental reason that this is happening is a lack of confidence. To wit, confidence that when police officers behave in a criminal or suspect manner that they will be treated the same way the rest of us would be treated: as criminal suspects.

This isn't fundamentally a matter of racial animus so much as it is a matter of frustration with a perceived double standard in a country that says everyone will be treated the same.

(Oh, and I will brook no bull**** from anyone who tries to allege that I am anti-cop. Most of my Friends are in law enforcement or are retired law enforcement and a family member is in a Police Academy as I write this. You can be in favor of police reform without being "anti-cop".)

Old 04-28-2015, 09:33 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
funny how race relations will continue to get worse not because of racist white people but because of blacks behaving as seen above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies