Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 09:20 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Actually, The South denies any relation to these hate groups and denies them the right to use the flags of the confederacy for any purpose.

The racial hate groups have usurped this flag and desecrated it by their acts. They have no moral right to use this flag.
Quote:
No, I say The racial hate groups have usurped this flag and desecrated it by their acts. They have no moral right to use this flag.

keep you fake outrage in check
"No moral right to use the flag"...that's a joke. That flag from day one represented a belief that Southern states had the right to own other human beings. The hate groups who use that flag today still believe they are superior to people of color. The flag has a long history associated with the belief that whites are better than blacks.

You don't know me. So I'll tell you something about "fake outrage." My father saw several KKK lynching in his youth. He was brought up in the south and could tell stories that would make you hair stand up. You want people to be "sensitive" to the heritage of southerns. Why when there is so much about their heritage that they should be very ashamed of? Sure, not everyone took part in hideous acts against people of color but collectively they looked the other way for so many years that many of their necks are having a hard time looking any other way.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-28-2015 at 09:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:22 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,547,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Has the US just lost it's mind? Why do the liberals love the terrorists so much?

LiveLeak.com - WTF ! Walmart Refuses to Make Confederate Flag, But Makes This Cake Instead
I think it's funny. Walmart is a "liberal" bastion in your mind?

Who ordered an ISIS cake? Was it a joke?

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
Talking Walmart make ISIS flag cake, but refuses to make Confederate flag cake

<sniff>

Smells like BS.

17,468 posts, read 12,957,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So not knowing what a terrorist group's flag looks like is considered not caring about world issues? Nonsense. I highly doubt you could name every terrorist flag out there.
This flag has been everywhere in the last year, unless, one lives in a rabbit hole. ISIS has been in the media, if Americans don't know they better get to educating themselves. After all, they say they are here in America in all 50 states, will this make us 58 states or will there still be 57?

I would never blindly decorate, surprising others would.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,229,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would it be too much to ask them to look it up? The interest alone in what one is decorating/drawing would say what am I doing and what is this. Strange, people would just decorate and not research the item, I call BS.
Why would someone making barely above minimum wage wish to research a random flag they have never seen before to decide if they want to make a cake of it or not? You are really reaching with this one....maybe if this baker was in Iraq, then they might have known.

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
"No moral right to use the flag"...that's a joke. That flag from day one represented a belief that Southern states had the right to own other human beings. The hate groups who use that flag today still believe they are superior to people of color. The flag has a long history associated with the belief that whites are better than blacks.

You don't know me. So I'll tell you something about "fake outrage." My father saw several KKK lynching in his youth. He was brought up in the south and could tell stories that would make you hair stand up. You want people to be "sensitive" to the heritage of southerns. Why when there is so much about their heritage that they should be very ashamed of? Sure, not everyone took part in hideous acts against people of color but collectively they looked the other way for many years their necks are having a hard time looking any other way.
Another one.

8,391 posts, read 6,304,725 times
Quote:
Nah, I wish I can show you a picture of my friends fly that flag in iraq battle field. To them (The combat folks) it is nothing but a battle flag.

But it really doesn't matter, this flag represents hatred, so remove it. I will refrain from calling everybody flying that flag racist. This is the ONLY point I am trying to make.

sorry that my point of view offended some. I really did not mean to.
I don't care what your friends say about what that flag means.

Everyone who flys that flag knows it means death to black people. They know it. You know it. Everyone does.

And That's why they are flying it without exception.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:24 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,447,219 times
To be fair...I used to work at Wal Mart and I highly highly doubt that the average wal mart employee had any idea that was an ISIS flag...when your a poor, mostly uneducated, depressed bakery employee, you just do what the customer asks you to

59,252 posts, read 27,435,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree, people should be allowed to fly the Confederate flag for whatever reasons they want on their own property. But it should not be flown over government buildings or on state or federal land. Government entities should fly the U.S. flag and the state flag, period. The Confederate flag has no place in places that are owned by all Americans, including many who find it a symbol of human oppression.
The same could, and should , be said about a lot of things.

I am "offended" the naacp. Why should such a racist organizatin be given a tax break?

Jesse jackson and sharpton are a couple of the biggest race hustlers around and they get tax breaks.

'If it is good for the goose, it is good for the gander".

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Irrelevant.

The lost cause, that paints the civil war as some tragedy, and about states rights obscures and hurts us.

The civil war was the American Revolution for black Americans and should be treated as such. It should be understood, that it was the black soldiers joining the north and fighting the death cult of the southern confederacy that saved this nation.

Instead we get these lies, which leads to the creation of Jim Crow, the klan, another 100 years of suffering, and honoring the violent traitorous racists which demeans those black soldiers who saved the union, and demeans the civil war which should be remembered as the fight which led to the liberation of black Americans.
Who created all of those lies? Which political party was the source of ALL of that? It was the Democrats, under who the Confederacy and the KKK were created and sustained, under whose rule the Jim Crow laws were passed, and under who the last vestiges of segregation were torn while Democrat leaders in the South resisted, kicking and screaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies