Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 09:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This flag has been everywhere in the last year, unless, one lives in a rabbit hole. ISIS has been in the media, if Americans don't know they better get to educating themselves. After all, they say they are here in America in all 50 states, will this make us 58 states or will there still be 57?

I would never blindly decorate, surprising others would.
Well this is the first time I have ever seen this flag, though I couldn't name the flag of most places or groups. I am not much of a flag junkie as some people are.

So I guess what you are saying is that this baker isn't that invested in world news which is common for many Americans. So you are really reaching with your outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Who created all of those lies? Which political party was the source of ALL of that? It was the Democrats, under who the Confederacy and the KKK were created and sustained, under whose rule the Jim Crow laws were passed, and under who the last vestiges of segregation were torn while Democrat leaders in the South resisted, kicking and screaming.
Again, this is not a political party issue. It is an national issue.

To me the northerner and southerner white folks engaged in these lies about the civil war that resulted in further death and destruction as the offices, government policy towards black Americans for another hundred years.

1,635 posts, read 1,814,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I don't remember them complaining about it a few weeks ago.

Of course we know that it's because their messiah and his favorite race baiter told them to. But I just wanted to hear their excuses as to why they suddenly decided to be outraged.
But they have been. There's other posts here condemning the emblem. It's been going on for years.

They hate the flag because they hate the confederacy because they hate conservatives because they hate anything that doesn't conform to their own identity. That is, each identity of all of them.

And it interferes with their attempts at revisionist history. The civil war didn't settle anything but history is working on it. The U.S. wasn't reunited, the south was enslaved. There will always be two countries within the 48 states, north and south. The sooner history resolves to that reality the sooner the civil discordance will end.

1,040 posts, read 1,292,743 times
I did not know there was such a thing as an ISIS battle flag. To me that looks like an abstract painting.

Is there any evidence the cake bakers knew that was a ISIS battle flag?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
To be fair...I used to work at Wal Mart and I highly highly doubt that the average wal mart employee had any idea that was an ISIS flag...when your a poor, mostly uneducated, depressed bakery employee, you just do what the customer asks you to
Even if they recognize it, I am not sure that they are at liberty to refuse any other flags than the ones they have been told to refuse. If people make as big a deal about ISIS flags as they have made about the rebel flag, then maybe they'll get it banned too.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-28-2015 at 09:40 AM..

Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
I did not know there was such a thing as an ISIS battle flag. To me that looks like an abstract painting.

Is there any evidence the cake bakers knew that was a ISIS battle flag?
Hey ma...come right hurr...ya think ya could make this here funny looking thang into a cake. Gitrdone

Old 06-28-2015, 09:31 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
I don't propose that it should be banned by government decree...I just think it is so unpopular...even within states that identify with the flag...among citizens of those states, I mean...that it can't possibly be politically viable to fly it on the state capital anymore. It seems like a majority is against flying the confederate flag...even in southern states.

Yes, in 2000 it was voted on in SC...but times (and demographics!) have shifted considerably since 2000.
You confuse the hell out of me.

Earlier you go on and on about what happened 250 tears ago and then 50, actually over 60, years ago, now you, "but times (and demographics!) have shifted considerably since 2000."

I think you should adopt that position instead of what you perceive what happened 250 and 60 years ago.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:33 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I don't remember them complaining about it a few weeks ago.

Of course we know that it's because their messiah and his favorite race baiter told them to. But I just wanted to hear their excuses as to why they suddenly decided to be outraged.
I guess they have nothing better to do. To be honest I only know a few people who think it's a symbol of racism and they are pretty stupid people to tell the truth.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:33 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even if they recognize it, I am not sure that they are at liberty to refuse any other flags than the ones they have been told to refuse. If people make as big a deal about ISIS flags as they have made about the rebel flag, then maybe they'll get it banned too.
I spent a decade of my life in the terrible world of retail and customer service and let me tell you...when you work a crappy job with low pay, terrible benefits, and a generally depressing work environment...you rarely, if ever, follow the rules. When I worked at walmart, both me and the majority of my coworkers couldn't give two shyts what the customer wanted even if it was against store policy...we just did what they asked because we didnt want to deal with it.

I've had people return stuff I knew they stole...took it back, didnt want to deal with it.
I had people ask me to do things against store policy....did it anyway, didnt want to deal with it.
etc... etc...

Trust me...if someone asked me to make a confederate cake, I would of done it anyway even if it was against policy because it would of taken less effort than dealing with a raging pissed off redneck who's job Obama just took

Old 06-28-2015, 09:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Another one.
And by the cryptic post you mean? Come on, they don't charge us by the word to comment here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies