Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2015, 03:54 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And yadda yadda. You want the truth? Here's where your truth most often originates from:
Huh? Explain the relation your post had to my post. Cause I don't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 03:59 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, this is the truth. It's not controversial. The concept of race was invented during the enlightenment.

But it really took off with the slave trade. This is fact.

Those Africans had no concept as did no one else that skin color made them the same as people with the same skin color, that they were a unified group, a race.

This idea of human races was forced upon the enslaved and the world by Europesns to their benefit.
Facts? Keep trying. Just because it's a fact in your mind doesn't mean it really is.

Humans with similar attributes have been banding together since the beginning of recorded history. Even the American Indians did it.

And of course our all knowing government has always promoted racial division and continues to do so today under Obama, the most divisive president in our history.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Huh? Explain the relation your post had to my post. Cause I don't see it.
LOL you don't see it? I bet others can. You praised and then repeated the same philosophies of a Russian immigrant and Marxist. There's where the progressive left largely originated from.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:19 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,765,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
IMO, the only people who might be fitting of having "American" suffix would be the Native Americans. And that is only because they were incorrectly labeled "Indians" by the Spanish who thought they were in India instead of a new continent.
And now American Indians are being rebranded as Native Americans because the establishment has decided the East Indian Americans are of more financial benefit than American Indians. Thrown under the bus again.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:26 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,114 times
Do people in Europe call themselves whites?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:27 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Yes, this is the truth. It's not controversial. The concept of race was invented during the enlightenment.

But it really took off with the slave trade. This is fact.

Those Africans had no concept as did no one else that skin color made them the same as people with the same skin color, that they were a unified group, a race.

This idea of human races was forced upon the enslaved and the world by Europesns to their benefit.
Really?

So slavery did not exist, based on ethnic/national differences, until evil Europeans "invented" it? That's your statement? Seems a shaky stance to me.

Seems to me that your hypothesis can be vaporized with even the most cursory, common knowledge, consideration.

Off the top of my head... which group of people did dark-skinned Pharaoh force into slavery to build his grand empire (among others). Could it have been the lighter-skinned Jews? And could he possibly have been singling them out as a different "race" worthy of slavery based on their ethnic differences (i.e. "race")?

Point is white-skinned, brown-skinned, dark-skinned, etc, people have never had the corner on the market when it came to slavery. And you can bet in many, if not most, cases, skin color was used as an identifying marker (thus the concept of "race"). If you think civilizations from the past were color-blind, you are not using any logic or common sense at all. Do you really think people and their ways suddenly changed when the barbarians of Europe became more civilized? Before that, the earth was inhabited by color-blind angels?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:27 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
i don't believe it. but whatever
LOL...it doesn't matter. You don't have any experience living there. The Asian perspective (those in Asia) isn't the end all, be all. Sorry.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:39 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Notice it was written by Ignatiev a Russian Jewish immigrant academic, aka as an anti-white Jewish Soviet provocateur and propagandist. Is anyone else noticing a pattern with the progressive left?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Ignatiev

Then this Marxist somehow made his way into Academia to brainwash youth with social Marxism and anti-whitism. Take a look at his picture. He even looks like a rat literally.

There you have it folks. Progressive leftist want to abolish the white race. Do you now understand our liberal policies and immigration policies?
okay I get it ,he is not "White" so his work doesn't matter?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:42 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm black and I don't call myself an African American. If you call me that, I don't care. If you call me black. I don't care. If you call me an American, I don't care. Over 90% of black people don't care.

Why do you care so much that some black people call themselves African American? That is a more important question.

This is an old topic around here and seems to me that you just want to b itch about black people IMO.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:43 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
LOL...it doesn't matter. You don't have any experience living there. The Asian perspective (those in Asia) isn't the end all, be all. Sorry.
I think you and they are quite misinformed.

First of all, to deny the existence of a dominating culture is the most disrespectful thing you can ever do to a country. To say all the subcultures (although some elements subcultures are superior) are dominating culture is ignorant and arrogant.

Secondly, to say each country has an unique dominating culture, doesn't mean to admitting that culture is superior. Will you say Muslim countries in ME have a dominating Muslim culture? will you say that culture is better than most Asian or European culture? I would say some elements of Muslim culture are superb, but many elements of that culture are not so good. (just like all cultures)

Why not having an honest discussion about culture without being overly p.c.?

Last but not the least. Exactly what is culture?

Culture is the characteristics and knowledge of a particular group of people, defined by everything from language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts.

Do you deny there are key differences between western culture and eastern culture? So why is it so politically incorrect to say white and black people created American culture, Asian people created Asian culture?

The term "Western culture" has come to define the culture of European countries as well as those that have been heavily influenced by European immigration.

In Eastern culture there is less of a distinction between secular society and religious philosophy than there is in the West.

While Spain and Portugal are on the European continent, they are considered the key influencers of what is known as Latin culture, which denotes people using languages derived from Latin, also known as Romance languages.

etc, etc, etc.

A country needs an identity. To say that every culture is the dominating culture as long as "american accent" come out your mouths is the most disrespectful thing you can say to people.

You can argue that culture is no longer fixed, if it ever was. It is essentially fluid and constantly in motion.

But to deny each country has its own unique cultural identity is quite ignorant.

If you truly believe all men are created equally, then you should have no problems to criticize or admire ANY cultures. I have absolutely no problem to admit white people and black people created this unique American culture. All other cultures are subcultures in this country. And like it or not, early immigrants embraced Christianity's rich cultural heritage. This is really just history.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-06-2015 at 05:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies