Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 01:46 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Well, here is another "gift" from law enforcement...

For years, police departments and media have been suggesting that people wait until they are in a well lit area to stop for police signaling to pull over.

What happens if you take their advice? Looks like that well publicized suggestion may get you a FELONY charge for evading arrest.
Point is, Blacks get arrested for crap White people getaway with. Must be nice for those that have the (white of way).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 01:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Point is, Blacks get arrested for crap White people getaway with. Must be nice for those that have the (white of way).

I got caught robbing a bank and was let off with a warning. It is great to be white.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:36 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
We had a guy who put "blue lights" on his car, pulled a women over on a dark, rural street and raped the woman.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office confirmed last Thursday that a woman found barely conscious in a ditch was sexually assaulted by a man impersonating a police officer.
Deputies said the attack happened on Nazareth Church Road near the CRG plant in Wellford on Wednesday. (this was a few years ago).

At that time, they told female drivers on the news to keep driving, until they got to a well lit, safe area with people around. For me, this still applies. If this police vehicle does not jive, I am not pulling over until I feel safe...

Old 07-08-2015, 04:46 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Depends on where you are, in the city yes I can. Out on a dark country road maybe not so much. Also one can tell if the car has flashing police lights on top of it and a police spot light does a good job lighting up their car as well as yours.
The story tells us the officer stated " "I observed the driver stick his hands out of the window a couple of times. I did not see the driver throw anything from the vehicle, though it was dark and the road was poorly lit."

if the officer couldn't tell if he threw something out his hand in front of him because of the darkness then how in the blue hades is he going to see the official marking on the car behind him?

There is no common sense in these charges. There is no common sense in the DA offering lesser charges. There is no common sense in any judge or jury finding this man guilty of these charges.

This is America though so he may as well prepare himself for prison.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
A University Cop? One step above a mall cop.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:50 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Quote:

For years, police departments and media have been suggesting that people wait until they are in a well lit area to stop for police signaling to pull over.

What happens if you take their advice? Looks like that well publicized suggestion may get you a FELONY charge for evading arrest.
Gifts don't include stupidity
A marked part unit?... its not some unmarked unit on some back road ..I will give you couple of hundred yards without question...more if the area isn't safe..... a mile and a half becomes a low speed pursuit. ...

There is the totality of the circumstances as well... something we don't get from the bluffington lost rag... sure .. there are play police..except... this wasn't one of those cases . I might also give more leeway to females...and totally dependant on anyones story once stopped..obviously he wasn't convincing ... how do we know he didnt dispose of contraband ?...really.. how do we know..
We all comply with the vehicle code..driving is a privilege not a right
Take responsibility ..pay the consequence
Plead to the misdemeanor... suspended sentence.. record expunged was the offer.. doesnt get any better for being stupid...

I have never had a case of a fake marked unit... they are all unmarked .. with little gum ball lights.. never marked units with full light bars alleys.. spots.. loud radios.. fully uniformed officers of the jurisdiction

Another hit job post by a person with a bias...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-08-2015 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 07:23 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:

It is in the best interest of the cop to have a driver pull over into a well lighted area.

That has been a safety tip sold to the public for years.

Cops waited for me to get into a well lit area before the lights came on. Thought I was a cop killer they were after. Followed me for a few miles and when I got under the sodium lights they pulled the 'trigger'.

Problem is the safety rule is interpretive and not all cops or drivers are aware. Cop cop could say it was safe, driver's lawyer contend it was not a safe area to pull over.

Details required.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:29 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Interesting read re pulling over apparently depends on the individual state.
Marked car with lights and sirens, pull over immediately. Imagine if this law was obeyed to the letter. Pull over in the fast lane and risk lives. Even with that rule it requires driver judgement as pulling over immediately is still a judgement call.

Here, PA allows some wiggle room if being pulled over by an unmarked car.

Women Pulling Over into Well-Lit Areas When Followed by Police Officers

Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
A marked part unit?... its not some unmarked unit on some back road ..I will give you couple of hundred yards without question...more if the area isn't safe..... a mile and a half becomes a low speed pursuit. ...

There is the totality of the circumstances as well... something we don't get from the bluffington lost rag... sure .. there are play police..except... this wasn't one of those cases . I might also give more leeway to females...and totally dependant on anyones story once stopped..obviously he wasn't convincing ... how do we know he didnt dispose of contraband ?...really.. how do we know..
Plead to the misdemeanor... suspended sentence.. record expunged was the offer.. doesnt get any better for being stupid...

I have never had a case of a fake marked unit... they are all unmarked .. with little gum ball lights.. never marked units with full light bars alleys.. spots.. loud radios.. fully uniformed officers of the jurisdiction

You don't get around enough. This:

is a FAKE police car.

Two men arrested for impersonation in the best fake cop car you’ve ever seen

Old 07-08-2015, 07:49 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

The more you post, the more I realize how lucky I am that you are not working for any department anywhere near where I live. Thanks for that gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies