Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:59 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
And lasted for only minutes in the jurisdiction when seen by sharp deputies
A fake police car would only last seconds anywhere in my jurisdiction. We look carefully at all police vehicles and check out anyone in our jurisdiction... for just this reason and many more
You will not find this a common occurrence... you will find fake unmarked cars...

We are also required to carry both a badge and picture id...and in our case our drivers license as well.
Unmarked cars also have special indicators only we know to check them as being legitimate.

Now... illigitimate government vehicles ..yes.. that does happen.. regularly...the cartels have tried all manners of vehicles to get drugs across the border

Fake marked vehicles are not an issue...

Nor really are drivers who fail to yield for marked cars... very very small percent of incidents in the real world...
As stated.. I also tactically pick where I want you to stop.. and I want safe approaches.. well lit areas.. public if possible with as many witnesses as possible with as few escape routes as possible. Many other factors also go into where I stop you...
Why do you always assume that every police department and cop in the country is exactly like the town where you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:49 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Why do you always assume that every police department and cop in the country is exactly like the town where you live?
Why do you assert most arent

Most are....
I'm not sure its necessary to take the time to explain why to you... suffice to say law enforcement in the US is pretty homogenized today state to state.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:57 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Well, here is another "gift" from law enforcement...

For years, police departments and media have been suggesting that people wait until they are in a well lit area to stop for police signaling to pull over.

What happens if you take their advice? Looks like that well publicized suggestion may get you a FELONY charge for evading arrest.
I'm not saying I disagree with you- I don't.

But what's the point in complaining about it? Just accept that we live in a wildly corrupt police state and move on with your life.

The pain you feel is caused by the lies you're trying to hold onto. You know the ones:

"It's a free country!"
"Land of opportunity!"
"Protect and serve!"
"Fighting for our freedoms!"

Filthy lies all of them. Just accept that you're a peasant in an absurd world, and life suddenly gets a little easier.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:37 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Definitely a system designed - not for justice - but for bullying into submission. "Freedom loving" Americans should be ashamed.

Prosecutors Drop Ridiculous 'Fleeing Police' Charge For Cautious Driver. But Not Before Exposing A Bigger Issue.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:05 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Actually, it HAS been stated by media who say that the police suggest that you can drive to a well lit area to pull over. This usually follows a story about someone impersonating an officer, pulling someone over, and attacking the person.

Frankly, I would get on the phone with 911 right away were I that concerned, and ensure that it was indeed a cop following me. I haven't been pulled over in some time, so suddenly getting pulled over would be surprising.
If they are in a patrol car they aren't impersonating an officer. That advice is for unmarked cars only.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That article makes it sound like it is in regards to being pulled over by an unmarked car, that makes more sense. A marked police car with a uniformed officer should be more obvious to the driver to pull over at the first safe spot.
Exactly! This is the truth. It's about unmarked cars.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
If they are in a patrol car they aren't impersonating an officer. That advice is for unmarked cars only.
Kansas City has had a former cop car with lights acting as an in service one that the are searching for because of fake stops.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Kansas City has had a former cop car with lights acting as an in service one that the are searching for because of fake stops.
Oh wow, one damn city. Regardless, the idea of waiting for a well lit area is for UNMARKED cars. Keep driving when you have a cop behind you and see what happens.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh wow, one damn city. Regardless, the idea of waiting for a well lit area is for UNMARKED cars. Keep driving when you have a cop behind you and see what happens.

What usually happens:
The prosecutor, so as not to embarrass themselves, attempts to coerce the 'guilty' party into accepting a plea to a lesser charge; when that fails, they drop all charges.
(But, only when the citizens of the area are doing their duty and paying attention)

Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
What usually happens:
The prosecutor, so as not to embarrass themselves, attempts to coerce the 'guilty' party into accepting a plea to a lesser charge; when that fails, they drop all charges.
(But, only when the citizens of the area are doing their duty and paying attention)
Why would they embarrass themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies