Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 09:42 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I'd rather get arrested for evading than get raped and murdered by some crazy cop impersonator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 12:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The story tells us the officer stated " "I observed the driver stick his hands out of the window a couple of times. I did not see the driver throw anything from the vehicle, though it was dark and the road was poorly lit."

if the officer couldn't tell if he threw something out his hand in front of him because of the darkness then how in the blue hades is he going to see the official marking on the car behind him?

There is no common sense in these charges. There is no common sense in the DA offering lesser charges. There is no common sense in any judge or jury finding this man guilty of these charges.

This is America though so he may as well prepare himself for prison.
I'm informed that the charges already got tossed.

Looking for the link.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Got it.
Charges dropped against SVSU student who waited for well-lit area to stop for police | MLive.com

Old 07-08-2015, 01:05 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,171,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
You don't get around enough. This:

is a FAKE police car.

Two men arrested for impersonation in the best fake cop car you’ve ever seen
He won't be back in this thread.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:10 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
"I told you to pull over!"

Old 07-08-2015, 01:16 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Didn't know that.

best to pull over and take your chances with getting robbed I guess. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Well, here is another "gift" from law enforcement...

For years, police departments and media have been suggesting that people wait until they are in a well lit area to stop for police signaling to pull over.

What happens if you take their advice? Looks like that well publicized suggestion may get you a FELONY charge for evading arrest.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:18 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
a good outcome
a waste of our tax dollars

but a good outcome

Old 07-08-2015, 01:50 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Thanks for this information.

Although I have no connection to this young man - except through empathy - I am glad to hear the charges are tossed. Too many "people" like the original prosecutor on this case who tried to get him to take a plea and numbskulls see nothing but sport in attempting to ruin people's lives over non-issues.

Thanks again.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 07-08-2015 at 02:15 PM..

Old 07-08-2015, 02:04 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,498,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That article makes it sound like it is in regards to being pulled over by an unmarked car, that makes more sense. A marked police car with a uniformed officer should be more obvious to the driver to pull over at the first safe spot.
Not quite sure how you can tell a marked police car and uniformed office on a dark street though.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:33 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
You don't get around enough. This:

is a FAKE police car.

Two men arrested for impersonation in the best fake cop car you’ve ever seen
And lasted for only minutes in the jurisdiction when seen by sharp deputies
A fake police car would only last seconds anywhere in my jurisdiction. We look carefully at all police vehicles and check out anyone in our jurisdiction... for just this reason and many more
You will not find this a common occurrence... you will find fake unmarked cars...

We are also required to carry both a badge and picture id...and in our case our drivers license as well.
Unmarked cars also have special indicators only we know to check them as being legitimate.

Now... illigitimate government vehicles ..yes.. that does happen.. regularly...the cartels have tried all manners of vehicles to get drugs across the border

Fake marked vehicles are not an issue...

Nor really are drivers who fail to yield for marked cars... very very small percent of incidents in the real world...
As stated.. I also tactically pick where I want you to stop.. and I want safe approaches.. well lit areas.. public if possible with as many witnesses as possible with as few escape routes as possible. Many other factors also go into where I stop you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies