Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was More at Fault???
Sandra 32 60.38%
Police 17 32.08%
I can't choose. They are exactly equally at fault. 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 12:14 PM

755 posts, read 675,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Yes, you are.

I suggest you research the difference between a detention and an arrest. A motor vehicle stop is a detention which CAN lead to an arrest. In this case, it did.
So you are saying my right are suspended during detention? How so?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Yes, you are.

I suggest you research the difference between a detention and an arrest. A motor vehicle stop is a detention which CAN lead to an arrest. In this case, it did.
She had no legal obligation to be respectful. She had no legal obligation to not he agitated. She had no legal obligation to stop smoking. I can not research something that is not there.

You are making the accusations that legally she was, it's up to you to prove. It's legal to smoke in your car. It's legal to become agitated if you are pulled over. It's legal to be disrespectful (despite what many think).

Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post

How dare her be unhappy about getting a ticket......and a cheap one at that. Not signaling to change lanes
you mean a warning. that's all she was facing.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:19 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,857 times
Quote:
So you are saying my right are suspended during detention? How so?
In what way would your right be suspended? If an officer believes smoking a cigarette is interfering with his investigation during a detention for a violation, he has the right to remove that interference…. which would mask the smell of pot, alcohol…..other things.

There is no RIGHT to smoke a cigarette, especially when you are detained after committing a violation….. period.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you mean a warning. that's all she was facing.
That is the way I read it. Hand her the warning and walk away. If she wants to have a smoke and stew over it, it's none of the officers concern.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:20 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She had no legal obligation to be respectful. She had no legal obligation to not he agitated. She had no legal obligation to stop smoking. I can not research something that is not there.

You are making the accusations that legally she was, it's up to you to prove. It's legal to smoke in your car. It's legal to become agitated if you are pulled over. It's legal to be disrespectful (despite what many think).
Not saying anything about being agitated…. the officer didn't order her to stop being agitated. He ordered her to put out the cigarette which is a completely justifiable thing to do during the course of an investigation...

Old 07-22-2015, 12:20 PM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Based on the support for dirty cops in this thread and others, it is easy to see how groups like the Gestapo and Stasi could get away with their abuses. This idea that citizens are supposed to bow down and obey cops like they are gods or monarchs runs counter to every principle this country was founded on. This is how fascist authoritarianism becomes a part of day to day life while the people brave enough to challenge it are criticized for allowing themselves to get murdered.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:21 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is the way I read it. Hand her the warning and walk away. If she wants to have a smoke and stew over it, it's none of the officers concern.
I agree. the cop suffers thin-skin syndrome.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Racists alert!!!!

See how you went from talking about one individual black person and police officer, to the whole black race being criminals?......lol! My bad...."animals of destruction"

Your projection is your problem not mine....so busted. Dude couldn't handle the discussion and went all Adolph Hitler....Lmao!

Sorry Mr. I hate all black people and I disguise my comments as sensible; but my narrative has been and still is, this officer could have prevented this situation. My sub narrative was maybe if she was white, she would have gotten away with it, thus I displayed the video and you could not so you displayed a riot video to prove a point....lol!

I said nothing about all cops are racists. Nothing about America is bad to black people, I only discussed the one officer's actions, but I am glad you displayed your true colors...

But I am the one with cognitive dissonance; btw, something you could not define correctly, because it is not applicable to me or this conversation.

B.A. in sociology my friend....smooches!
You have a B.A. in nothing is my guess.

Racist code? LOL you learn that in your African American studies class or reading the Daily KOS and Salon nonstop?

Your little diatribe above only displays your insecurity in dealing with the evidence presented.

Sorry to have burst the bubble you live in.

You lost control of the narrative and like most of the Liberal persuasion decided to go loud, obnoxious and Godwin instead of dealing with the reality presented.

Hugs and kisses for your deflated ego.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Not saying anything about being agitated…. the officer didn't order her to stop being agitated.
No, he just decided to escalate the situation because she was.

Quote:
He ordered her to put out the cigarette which is a completely justifiable thing to do during the course of an investigation...
There was nothing to investigate. She was pulled over for not signaling. He handed her the warning, end of story. Or it should have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies