Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was More at Fault???
Sandra 32 60.38%
Police 17 32.08%
I can't choose. They are exactly equally at fault. 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 12:50 PM

755 posts, read 675,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, it is...I just saw a video of a bunch of black kids, who attacked and beat up a man for having the Southern flag....I couldn't believe it? And I'm talking maybe 6 or 10 kids kicking him, someone had a bat....and then when the cops blare their sirens, they all run like flies...pathetic....

These kids get it from their parents, their aunts, uncles, older brothers....and it's going to eventually lead them down the wrong path....its so sad, so very sad, that parents don't wise up....

DEAD is DEAD, there is no coming back, no second chance, and if you take a life, your no better the pond scum....beating up on someone is animalistic...and so totally wrong...
Pick the black example huh?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
your attitude is exactly why, kids get killed....I really hope and pray you don't have children, b/c this attitude gets handed down generation after generation.....

When a cop stops you, it's easy, just shut your mouth and do what he says....period.

Unbelievable, I wouldn't even talk to my parents or an adult the way some of you "think" it's ok to do.

This woman was above and beyond the norm....and if she had put her cig out, she'd probably be alive today...this attitude she projected comes from a multitude of places, including family, which is not good or safe for any child growing up.

I just cannot believe the belligerence, in some of you, and glad your not my kid, husband, mother, sister, what ever. Out and out contrary on purpose, which will get you dead.

Your all idiots....honest ta goodness idiots...why would you intentionally antagonise an officer? Or anyone for that matter?
You're*. If you're going to call everyone idiots, it might help to get that right.

Being mouthy to a cop isn't breaking any laws.

They were both being jerks.

Cops are supposed to be trained to handle mouthy/disrespectful people. He should have lead by example, not escalate an already heated situation.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:52 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
and did you live in an all white neighborhood....

the big difference is, these cops are working day in and day out with kids that are so disrespectful and bad.
We grew up in an all white town, and if a cop told us to put out our cigs, we did exactly as we were told, and we were told that by a cop once, when we were 13 years old.

We didn't sas the cop, or look for trouble, we did exactly as we were told....and if more people would do that, the less bad things would happen.

I mean think about it...why is it usually blacks...b/c they have attitudes....
"oh no cops going to tell me what to do". Yeah right, so get yourself killed over a silly attitude....

If that woman would have kept her mouth shut and done what he said to do, she would be at home tonight sleeping in her bed....but due to the media, politicians, and parents, this is what happens.

It's so sad, a life gone forever...over what....a silly disagreement with a cop and that is what it comes down to and you are never going to win!

Wow! Another hateful racist exposed. Please, keep posting people.

Did you ever think it is because of the fact that Cops spend the majority of their time (estimates ~70%) fighting The War on "Drugs" (longest and costliest war in US history), locking up non-violent "criminals" that committed victimless "crimes" and that this war is fought solely in poor urban minority communities even when drug usage rates are equal and our Government fuels the problem?

No, you didn't. You seem so full of hate.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 07-22-2015 at 01:02 PM..

Old 07-22-2015, 12:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
and did you live in an all white neighborhood....

the big difference is, these cops are working day in and day out with kids that are so disrespectful and bad.
We grew up in an all white town, and if a cop told us to put out our cigs, we did exactly as we were told, and we were told that by a cop once, when we were 13 years old.

We didn't sas the cop, or look for trouble, we did exactly as we were told....and if more people would do that, the less bad things would happen.

I mean think about it...why is it usually blacks...b/c they have attitudes....
"oh no cops going to tell me what to do". Yeah right, so get yourself killed over a silly attitude....

If that woman would have kept her mouth shut and done what he said to do, she would be at home tonight sleeping in her bed....but due to the media, politicians, and parents, this is what happens.

It's so sad, a life gone forever...over what....a silly disagreement with a cop and that is what it comes down to and you are never going to win!
While all of this is true, he had NO reason to decide to harass her. Hand her the citation and move on. It's NOT O.K. for an officer to do this. We need to remove those who think it is.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:53 PM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Pick the black example huh?
In this case they were, there are white kids out there that are just as bad and you know it....

so get off the race card, it doesn't work....kids today are way out of control....

Old 07-22-2015, 12:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Actually, again, he did. It's called detention. Get that through your head - when you are detained, you don't run the show anymore.

Oh…. so this boils down to you not thinking a signal light should be a violation? Well guess what? It is. And she was legally stopped for not using it. Thankfully the law doesn't agree with you…..
I can see we are done. When you are left with putting words in my mouth to argue against there is obviously nothing left to discuss.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Scary? Apparently you didn't have parents that taught you manners, and right from wrong...
and don't assume you know me, by making such a crazy comment as the Jewish neighbors bit...
you take an issue to the total other end of the spectrum...I've had friends of all nationalities....

your attitude, is what is going to make the darker times darker.

case in point.....

LOL-what case in point? You've already outed yourself.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:58 PM

755 posts, read 675,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You have a B.A. in nothing is my guess.

Racist code? LOL you learn that in your African American studies class or reading the Daily KOS and Salon nonstop?

Your little diatribe above only displays your insecurity in dealing with the evidence presented.

Sorry to have burst the bubble you live in.

You lost control of the narrative and like most of the Liberal persuasion decided to go loud, obnoxious and Godwin instead of dealing with the reality presented.

Hugs and kisses for your deflated ego.
Lol!

I also have a Master's

African American studies?........there goes those racists tendencies again.

Diatribe.......? Do you not have mirrors where you are from?

Dude, you exposed yourself on this forum for everyone to see, no going back by using the good ole deflection techniques.

I know you are burning up right now....I am not like the young lady from Texas; I won't take your bait

Old 07-22-2015, 01:00 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You're*. If you're going to call everyone idiots, it might help to get that right.

Being mouthy to a cop isn't breaking any laws.

They were both being jerks.

Cops are supposed to be trained to handle mouthy/disrespectful people. He should have lead by example, not escalate an already heated situation.
Look, she was on the side of the road alone with a man with a gun. Whether or not he pulled her over illegally is not the point at that time. The point is for her to get out of this situation alive to fight the stop. You don't antagonize the man with the gun. You don't poke the bear. Because that's exactly what she did, that's why a traffic ticket or warning turned into a trip to jail. Yes, the cop with one year on the force didn't behave according to department standards. But if she was one of those who thinks cops kill black people then she was behaving as if she wanted to get the cop to shoot her. Remember it's better to stand before 12 than be carried by 6.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:04 PM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Look, she was on the side of the road alone with a man with a gun. Whether or not he pulled her over illegally is not the point at that time. The point is for her to get out of this situation alive to fight the stop. You don't antagonize the man with the gun. You don't poke the bear. Because that's exactly what she did, that's why a traffic ticket or warning turned into a trip to jail. Yes, the cop with one year on the force didn't behave according to department standards. But if she was one of those who thinks cops kill black people then she was behaving as if she wanted to get the cop to shoot her. Remember it's better to stand before 12 than be carried by 6.
honestly, the way I've seen some of these kids act, it actually seems like they're doing it, on purpose, so the cop does beat them up or shoot them....honestly, what other reason would they have? It is ridiculous....this behavior....and beyond my comprehension and then they keep on antagonising any poster that doesn't agree with them....

and someday they'll have kids, that is what is scary.
Gosh, when I was a kid, we called them "hoods"....and all they did was smoke cigs and hang out...my God, I wouldn't know how to handle a kid like this...and to be honest, it really upsets me...they have no idea, what-so-ever....and that is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies