Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was More at Fault???
Sandra 32 60.38%
Police 17 32.08%
I can't choose. They are exactly equally at fault. 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 01:51 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
She definitely should have put out her cigarette when he asked and then most likely he wouldn't have asked her to step out of the car. She was being disrespectful right from the get-go. But once he had her out of the car he deliberately took her to a place he knew the dash cam couldn't film, so he was in the wrong, too, and it makes you wonder what he wanted to hide.

I haven't been stopped by the police for a long time but the last time I was I apologized for the mistake I made in traffic---speeding in a school zone---and I thanked him for stopping me because "I know better and it's good to be reminded before something serious happens." He let me go without a warning or a ticket. Every since, I've slowed down in school zones so it was a win-win for both of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Yep, He didn't want her in view of the Camera. Way too much of this going on. Citizens are going to need guns to protect themselves against Criminals, and maybe Cops in the not so far future. These Cops going Rogue has to stop. We need ZERO tolerance for Power Abuse from any Cops.
Ridiculous accusation. At 16:18 you hear him say it was at least on video. He thought it was on camera. You all making up your own narrative doesn't make it correct.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:56 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
On top of everything else, she was a yankee in Texas.
She was a complainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6NmHEFB2n8

Old 07-22-2015, 02:00 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Doesn't matter what you think. The Cop is the one who has been suspended for Violating Police procedure, by his Department, and is being investigated, plus this case will be presented to a Grand Jury. So what you think is moot, since everyone else thinks the Cop was way out of line.

Crappy Cop overall it seems.....
Do you have a link to his suspension?

Last I heard he was put on desk duty - and that was via an official statement from the Dept. of Public Safety.

Quote:
"Everyone else thinks the cop was way out of line"
Hahahahahahaha. Reality is not your strong suit, my friend.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:03 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Sometimes . . . when there's no one around . . . I don't use my turn signals.

No sense being nice to empty space.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
why is it that liberals want to hang, draw and quarter smokers unless a cop tells someone to not smoke... then its all WEGOTTARIGHTTOPAAARRRRRRTTTTTAY!

Old 07-22-2015, 02:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
why is it that liberals want to hang, draw and quarter smokers unless a cop tells someone to not smoke... then its all WEGOTTARIGHTTOPAAARRRRRRTTTTTAY!
Another weak generalization. I care less if people smoke or not no matter how nasty it is.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:18 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Another weak generalization. I care less if people smoke or not no matter how nasty it is.
I thought it was funny

Old 07-22-2015, 02:19 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
You do this AFTER the traffic stop, not during. When you argue and fight during the potentially illegal stop then you are hurting your case against the officer when you fight the charge in court and file a complaint with internal affairs. You also get a copy of the video or make your own and use it to involve the local news. Cooperating with the officers commands and speaking calmly will help your case against the officer.
NO, you do this BEFORE anyone is stopped - before any cop gets out on the street. You train the police (and constantly reinforce) that NO ONE has to lick their boots and if someone gets belligerent - without physically fighting - then that's the job and you have to learn to deal with it... and that they are responsible for the safety of not only themselves, but all the CITIZENS they encounter too.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:23 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Watching that video made my heart ache and my eyes sting.

Her initial reaction to being pulled over reminds me of how I sassed police officers in my early 20s when my lead foot got me pulled over a few times.

Never once was I ordered to extinguish my cigarette. Never once was I ordered out of my vehicle. Never once was I threatened with arrest.

She behaved the same way I did when I was pulled over, but she got hauled off to jail. I didn't.

The difference is that I'm white.
umm... i suspect that another rather fundamental difference is that it was an entirely different cop

Old 07-22-2015, 02:28 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
umm... i suspect that another rather fundamental difference is that it was an entirely different cop
Three different cops, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies