Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 10:16 PM

137 posts, read 125,890 times

Advertisements

Because they didn't think it was a bomb. They just wanted to humiliate the little Muslim Boy. It backfired though. As the kid was invited to visit MIT.... Even received recognition from Facebook founded Zuckerberg, Obama and more.

Something to think about. If it was a bomb, why wasn't the school evacuated? Why was the "bomb" placed in the cop car instead of being safely destroyed like they do with other homemade bombs?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:05 AM

962 posts, read 631,586 times
Probably because someone found out later that it wasn't a bomb, or it could've been a very cruel joke. Anyone with some common sense who knows for sure it was a bomb, or thinks it was a bomb, would've evacuated in full speed to save their own lives, and/or called the police.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:21 AM

3,503 posts, read 2,667,654 times
They just followed protocol, if it has wires and goes tick-tock it must be a bomb.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:33 AM

962 posts, read 631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
They just followed protocol, if it has wires and goes tick-tock it must be a bomb.
But they didn't evacuate the school though, so I'm guessing there's criteria to look for before deciding to evacuate, and what defines whether or not it's considered a "bomb"?

Old 09-18-2015, 05:00 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
They didn't evacuate the school when they suspended that kid for the pop tart gun either. I bet nobody ever even thought it was a real gun!

Like someone already said...there is protocol to be followed on these types of things. Device that looks like a bomb...you get the police involved. Pop tart that looks like a gun, kid gets suspended. In both cases it was an overreaction. In neither case did anyone really think they were dealing with a weapon...or at least not for long. I've never been a fan of the zero tolerance type of rule enforcement that doesn't allow for common sense and rational judgment. But hey at least the kid gets to go to the White House. Pop tart gun boy didn't get that.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:19 AM

283 posts, read 375,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
Probably because someone found out later that it wasn't a bomb, or it could've been a very cruel joke. Anyone with some common sense who knows for sure it was a bomb, or thinks it was a bomb, would've evacuated in full speed to save their own lives, and/or called the police.
The police were called. They were informed that it might have been a bomb, but the school administration didn't see fit to order an evacuation because it apparently wasn't "bomb" enough to clear the school. The police didn't see fit to call in the bomb squad and have the suspected "bomb" blown up as protocol would have dictated, because it wasn't that much of a "bomb" to be worried about, apparently.

The skinny Muslim kid still had the bracelets slapped on him because, well, Muslim kids really shouldn't be scaring American folk like that. He never should have made such a suspicious device in the first place.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:58 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,505,211 times
of course they did not. School did overreact a bit but not as much as some folks who believe it was a dry run kind of thing. They need to get their heads checked (I heard it on radio - talk show host was in a agreement who said this was the case).

Old 09-18-2015, 06:14 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,902 times
If schools overreact when a kid eats his Pop Tart into the shape of a gun or a kid poinits his finger at someone (even without saying, "Bang") they damn well better do something when a kid brings a device to school that looks similar to a bomb. The school did the right thing. The ONLY reason this is being hyped as a phony phobia of some kind is because the kid is Muslim. The midia and Obama never pass up a chance to play the "Phobia Card".

Old 09-18-2015, 06:30 AM

386 posts, read 399,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
If schools overreact when a kid eats his Pop Tart into the shape of a gun or a kid poinits his finger at someone (even without saying, "Bang") they damn well better do something when a kid brings a device to school that looks similar to a bomb. The school did the right thing. The ONLY reason this is being hyped as a phony phobia of some kind is because the kid is Muslim. The midia and Obama never pass up a chance to play the "Phobia Card".

Exactly

Old 09-18-2015, 06:41 AM

21,483 posts, read 10,588,412 times
From what I hear, MacArthur High School is a minority school, with mostly Hispanics, but also a fair number of black, white, and Asian students. It sounds like my kids' school, and no one there is racist. All schools have rules, and this kid broke them. I think the handcuffs were stupid, but after seeing and reading more about this story, I think the kid probably said some stuff that got him there. They apparently didn't think it was a bomb, but the kid brought it to school knowing it looked like one because he said he put a cord around it so it would not look like a bomb. His teacher told him to hide it from other teachers. Why didn't he keep it in his classroom until the end of the day? Why did the kid carry it around all day? Was he looking for exactly this reaction? There is more to this story I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies