Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 02:29 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,879,539 times

Advertisements

I am not Muslim and neither is anyone in my family. Just the same, I would NOT allow my teen to bring something like this to his high school!! He would definitely get in trouble, and I wouldn't be surprised if the police were called. "Zero tolerance" rules in our school district got him in trouble for using his finger like a gun once, in elementary school. Times have certainly changed!

Old 09-18-2015, 03:15 PM

6,496 posts, read 6,711,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Great if you love supposition and conjecture, especially when the supposition and conjecture confirms your preconceived conclusions.
Do you have any particular points from the engineer's article that you'd like to address? That would be far more valuable to this conversation than the rude statement you made about me.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,238,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
They just followed protocol, if it has wires and goes tick-tock it must be a bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Good job on school being careful

A lot has been made about the bomb squad not responding.. no one here knows who really responded and what was said...
As such..
And is typical with CD posts on any actions involving others... half baked.. part information.. drivel
Protocol would have been to evacuate the school. The evacuate schools when someone calls in a bomb threat even when no device has been seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
what day is "april fools "day in muslim land ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
liberals...not...even...once

your losing your country guys, when do we fight to get it back from these SJWs?

If "muslims" dont like how they get treated here then why not go to some muslim country in the middle east where they wont be scrutinized for carrying a metal briefcase with wires hanging out.
The 2 most ignorant posts I've read on CD in a long time. Are you proud to be racist bigots? What makes you think the color of your skin or the god you pray to give you any more of a right to be here than Muslims? If you don't like the American melting pot, maybe you should go live in some European country were your taxes support the national church, whether it is the one you go to or not.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:13 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,369,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
Probably because someone found out later that it wasn't a bomb, or it could've been a very cruel joke. Anyone with some common sense who knows for sure it was a bomb, or thinks it was a bomb, would've evacuated in full speed to save their own lives, and/or called the police.
If they waited until later to find out whether it was an actual bomb...or a ****ing science project...they are even more stupid than I thought.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
They didn't evacuate the school when they suspended that kid for the pop tart gun either. I bet nobody ever even thought it was a real gun!

Like someone already said...there is protocol to be followed on these types of things. Device that looks like a bomb...you get the police involved. Pop tart that looks like a gun, kid gets suspended. In both cases it was an overreaction. In neither case did anyone really think they were dealing with a weapon...or at least not for long. I've never been a fan of the zero tolerance type of rule enforcement that doesn't allow for common sense and rational judgment. But hey at least the kid gets to go to the White House. Pop tart gun boy didn't get that.
Do you know how many household items are used in making homemade bombs?

Here's a list for you.

Water bottles

Soda cans

Etch a Sketch

Coffee cans

Phones

Toothpaste tubes

Old 09-18-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
If schools overreact when a kid eats his Pop Tart into the shape of a gun or a kid poinits his finger at someone (even without saying, "Bang") they damn well better do something when a kid brings a device to school that looks similar to a bomb. The school did the right thing. The ONLY reason this is being hyped as a phony phobia of some kind is because the kid is Muslim. The midia and Obama never pass up a chance to play the "Phobia Card".
Where is the photo of the clock? I saw it. Does NOT look like a bomb!

Old 09-18-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What would happen if this kid walked through the airport with something like this? Or as someone mentioned on C-D on another thread, what do you think would have happened if this class was on a field trip to the White House and this was found in the kid's backpack? Even with it not being a bomb, I think he still would have been questioned for hours without his parents, especially at the White House.
Why would he have a science project in his bookbag on the day of a field trip?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:23 PM

6,496 posts, read 6,711,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Where is the photo of the clock? I saw it. Does NOT look like a bomb!
Well it sure as heck doesn't look like a clock!

Old 09-18-2015, 04:39 PM

25,658 posts, read 17,406,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Great if you love supposition and conjecture, especially when the supposition and conjecture confirms your preconceived conclusions.
LOL!

The kid claimed he invented a clock. Clearly, he did not. He disassembled one that was working and placed it in a briefcase. That's not supposition and conjecture; that's what happened.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:40 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Do you have any particular points from the engineer's article that you'd like to address? That would be far more valuable to this conversation than the rude statement you made about me.
There was absolutely nothing rude about my comment, based upon the tenor of the conversation which considering the highly speculative nature of the comments, ascribing all sorts of nefarious motives not only to a 14 year old kid but his parents as well. I quoted your comment simply as a point of reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies