Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 06:45 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times

Advertisements

What would happen if this kid walked through the airport with something like this? Or as someone mentioned on C-D on another thread, what do you think would have happened if this class was on a field trip to the White House and this was found in the kid's backpack? Even with it not being a bomb, I think he still would have been questioned for hours without his parents, especially at the White House.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:49 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,085,769 times
Good job on school being careful

A lot has been made about the bomb squad not responding.. no one here knows who really responded and what was said...
As such..
And is typical with CD posts on any actions involving others... half baked.. part information.. drivel

Old 09-18-2015, 07:31 AM

633 posts, read 640,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
Because they didn't think it was a bomb. They just wanted to humiliate the little Muslim Boy. It backfired though. As the kid was invited to visit MIT.... Even received recognition from Facebook founded Zuckerberg, Obama and more.

Something to think about. If it was a bomb, why wasn't the school evacuated? Why was the "bomb" placed in the cop car instead of being safely destroyed like they do with other homemade bombs?
I work for the department of corrections, we have bomb threat training done for all employees yearly.
The procedure for responding to just the threat that a bomb MAY be on the grounds is immediate evacuation of the area.

If an ACTUAL bomb or suspected bomb is found NO ONE IS TO TOUCH IT until the bomb disposal unit is called. This also goes for suspected chemical packages.

If those officers and administrators actually thought this was a legitimate bomb they should be fired immediately for violating every bomb disposal/bomb threat procedure in the book.

This was about making an example and sending a message, not institutional safety.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:53 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,285 times
If I was that kid, I'd be ticked at the teacher that had suspicions it was a bomb. The teacher is the one that had them call the police in the first place.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:54 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Good job on school being careful

A lot has been made about the bomb squad not responding.. no one here knows who really responded and what was said...
As such..
And is typical with CD posts on any actions involving others... half baked.. part information.. drivel

This kid's dad is an activist. I bet money that he was told to do this.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:08 AM

962 posts, read 630,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
If I was that kid, I'd be ticked at the teacher that had suspicions it was a bomb. The teacher is the one that had them call the police in the first place.
There's a big difference between a clock and the bomb. Was there reason for the teacher to suspect it may be a bomb?

Old 09-18-2015, 08:10 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,589 times
Look for this type of thing to take place more often. Once we get used to the idea this is all harmless then we can get caught with our guard down. Also sounds like the kid was mocking Obama on the morning news.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:23 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa
Because they didn't think it was a bomb.
Exactly what I said to myself when I read your title!!

Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 AM

4,510 posts, read 4,042,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
Because they didn't think it was a bomb. They just wanted to humiliate the little Muslim Boy. It backfired though. As the kid was invited to visit MIT.... Even received recognition from Facebook founded Zuckerberg, Obama and more.

Something to think about. If it was a bomb, why wasn't the school evacuated? Why was the "bomb" placed in the cop car instead of being safely destroyed like they do with other homemade bombs?
Considering how serious bombs are taken especially at schools there is zero way to deny they didn't think it was a bomb if they didn't follow the normal procedure. I think this is pretty important because this is where racism is most vile in america. It's not really racism though, american's hate anything that isn't normal which is ironic because everyone is weird but some can't pretend to be normal. An immature cancer of a culture.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:31 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,027 times
Where are we getting that the school was not evacuated and bomb squad was not on the scene? Other than social media memes, I have seen zero mention of this in the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies