Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:06 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
FLEET: I love you. Will you marry me? I live in Alaska, I can process a deer by myself, and I have no children/never been married. Not because I'm ugly, either! I love you. You are awesome!

Awesome post.
Lol.
Alaska is kind of cold. How about southern Alaska?

Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
hahahahaha You left out the part about, it takes a Dubya and a bunch of neo-cons to really screw up an illegal war.

Up is down, black is white, wet is dry, Repubs are great.

And we are getting all this for a mere $2B per week!
You are spinning like a top and it is not an illegal war. The 1991 cease-fire agreement gave the U.S. legal authority to resume military action against Iraq if the agreement was broken (which it was). So stop repeating the same tired old untruth.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,945 times
Perfect! I'm in extreme SE Alaska...it's like 40-65 degrees here year round! it's beautiful!

Old 05-08-2008, 04:17 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
While you two would make a perfect couple, lets all make an attempt to get back on topic shall we?

This is the last time I will say this.

The topic is....

Al Qaeda no longer has substantial control of any areas of Iraq

Old 05-08-2008, 04:21 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
While you two would make a perfect couple, lets all make an attempt to get back on topic shall we?

The topic is....

OK OK, sorry I started it...still no real response to Fleet from anyone, though. 99 % of politicians will pander to the moment; right then, the moment was full of emotion as America wanted blood from Al Qaeda and all sympathizers.

And if the original statement is true, then haven't we accomplished a major military goal?

Old 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
OK OK, sorry I started it...still no real response to Fleet from anyone, though. 99 % of politicians will pander to the moment; right then, the moment was full of emotion as America wanted blood from Al Qaeda and all sympathizers.

And if the original statement is true, then haven't we accomplished a major military goal?
Well since the original statement was never true to start with, then why are we there in the first place?

As to all those Republicans and Democrats who swallowed the whole WMD thing, they were all equally wrong in that this WMD reason was a threat to the US. While there may have been WMD's in Iraq at various points in time as we know this much to be true, they were incapable of using them against the United States.

As to Al Qaeda in Iraq controlling real estate, this is little more than a big fresh pile of steaming cow chips used to toy with the gullible American public who are so wrought in fear that if you told them Santa was Al Qaeda, they would believe you.

That movie clip that gets repeated over and over and over again with the Al Qaeda training camp where Osama Bin Laden is shooting an AK47, well I bet most folks didn't realize that he had to pay locals to act for the film because there wasn't even enough real terrorist to make an infommercial.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:54 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Calling things like chemical and biological agents "weapons of mass destruction" is nothing but political bogosity in the first place. The only real WMD is a nuke.
Actually....Chemical and biological weapons ARE classified as WMDs...

Seems you don't know what you are discussing.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

The topic is....

And it doesn't, it has been defeated by the Iraqi and US forces.

This is of course good news to all...right???

Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 PM

So lets see...

The USA supposedly provided WMDs to Iraq according to some here.

But those WMDs don't exist.

Perfectly logical to those driven by emotion.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And it doesn't, it has been defeated by the Iraqi and US forces.

This is of course good news to all...right???
It is good news that Al Qaeda doesn't control substantial areas of Iraq. It is also good news that Santa won't be mistaken this year as a Russian TU-95 bomber. It would also be good news to find out that Hugo Chavez isn't really Megatron the leader of the Decepticons. All three about equal in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies