Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 07:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's nice to see that at least a few people in this thread understood what the candidates were saying last night about the very complex issues facing the world and the U.S.A.
Fact is, the GOP candidates, especially the front runners, thrive on uninformed simplistic black and white world views of the base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 07:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The GOP debate. Did you hear what I heard?

"My simple Flat Tax says that, for a family of four, for the first $36,000 you earn, you pay no taxes whatsoever. No income taxes, no payroll taxes, no nothing."

What happened to the conservative mantra about everyone needing to have "skin in the game?"

"Which means that no longer do you have hedge-fund billionaires paying a lower tax rate than their secretaries."

I thought that was a liberal myth...
"Right now, with our corporate income tax, giant corporations with armies of accountants regularly are paying little to no taxes while small businesses are getting hammered."

Since when???

It is expensive to raise children in the 21st century, and families that are raising children are raising the future taxpayers of the United States, and everything costs more. In 35 out of 50 states, child care costs more than college.

And so, yes, I have a child tax credit increase, and I’m proud of it. I am proud that I have a pro-family tax code, because the pro- family tax plan I have will strengthen the most important institution in the — in the country, the family.

But who pays for these give-aways?

"We have to make our military bigger, better, stronger than ever before so that nobody messes with us, and a long run, it’s going to save us."

Oorah!

"Go to a three-page tax code. Yes, there are plans that would reform our tax code to three pages."

Brilliant! Where would we be without the GOP?
We would be looking at a less volatile middle east, and enjoying a great economy and prosperity at home, as the Dem administration would not have come into office having to clean up one huge mess the GOP admin left in its wake (unlike the surplus the GOP was handed when Clinton left office).

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
?????
No wonder you get these weird ideas that marijuana eats your brain alive and causes extreme violence and is the root cause of immorality...

If you saw this debate and declared Hillary the winner, I don't know what goes on in your head.
Thanks for sharing your views about me (). Who do you think won?

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There is a reason nobody is responding to these posts. Have you read them? The majority of the comments are poorly written, use crude or no logic at all, are childishly derogatory and reflect very little thought regarding the questions or responses.

After I read a ridiculous comment claiming "Clinton has no foreign policy chops," I pretty much tuned out of the thread. She quite obviously has more foreign policy experience than any of the other candidates--Dems or GOP--as well as excellent relationships with leaders and officials all over the globe, so it seems like a fruitless venture to attempt to 'debate' those with such uninformed views as reflected in this thread.

The GOP race is a chaotic mess--hardly anything about which to worry.
First off, I'm an independent and do not like our 2 party system in the least. I would worry if I were you.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What debate did you watch, Hillary dodged a lot of questions tonight, specifically the wall street one. that was an EPIC dodge, she even invoked 9/11.

She should have answered truthfully along the lines of

" Look Senator Sanders, like it or not, Wall Street still controls a significant portion of private sector jobs, business loans, and mortgages. With out it, a lot of people would be screwed, If you want to contain future problems, that is fine, but in its current state, it is important to have good relations with them"

Governor O'Malley was rarely given the chance to answer questions, but when he did, he knocked them out of the park.
Well, what can I say. I am not voting for any of them, but I think she was better than the other two.

Who won in your view? O'Malley? Fine. Thanks for sharing.

It seems people are offended when one of the three is declared the winner, as if there could not be a winner. Someone always wins, even if you didn't like any of them.

You cannot declare Donald Trump the winner, since he was not there.

Sanders could not even answer the opening question about the Paris attacks. He gave scripted lines about tearing down the rich instead.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:02 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default Dem projectionsim at its best......

Quote:
Fact is, the GOP candidates, especially the front runners, thrive on uninformed simplistic black and white world views of the base.
Please note; an example of Dem projectionism.

They take what they are accused of and turnit around.

fortunately that tactic it is so obvious it makes the statement a reflection on Dems running out of argument.

So dems were not ruffled when they were told, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it". Like good children,bewildered and confused by complex subjects they trusted Dem legislators who neither read nor understood the legislation with which they saddled the country.

These same dems re-elected hank johnson after he said guamwould tip over if too many troops landed on one end.

These same dems issued not a whimper when harry reid lied on a the senate floor about Mitt to throw the election.

Same dems who embrace obama when he called isis the jv team and when the day before the Paris attack claimed isis was contained and on it heels.

Hey obama has more free stuff he is going to give you, the money coming fromhis stash.

What you going todo with that 2,500$$ obamacare saved you?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:10 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:

After I read a ridiculous comment claiming "Clinton has no foreign policy chops," I pretty much tuned out of the thread. She quite obviously has more foreign policy experience than any of the other candidates--Dems or GOP--as well as excellent relationships with leaders and officials all over the globe, so it seems like a fruitless venture to attempt to 'debate' those with such uninformed views as reflected in this thread.

On point one. She has foreign policy credentials as the wife of Bill Clinton when he was President. As far as Secretary of State is concerned, she demonstrated some serious lapses in competence in running the department and what was accomplished. When she exited, the entire situation in the Middle East was far worse off than when she took over as we had bombed more countries, put far more American soldiers in danger, and lost the respect of most world leaders. i.e. Failure of diplomacy.

On point two. The GOP is having a real election for the nominee. There is nothing chaotic or messy about it. I find it remarkable there is so much diversity in choice. In contrast there is no choice on the DNC side. The 500+ Super Delegates who have already pledged to Hillary, before any vote is cast, speaks of a party that has lost it's way. I can't imagine why anyone, except for the most hardcore of partisans would support this mess.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:14 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
There is a reason nobody is responding to these posts. Have you read them? The majority of the comments are poorly written, use crude or no logic at all, are childishly derogatory and reflect very little thought regarding the questions or responses.

I agree. Heck, the bashers were in full swing for 6-7 pages before the debate even started.

Quote:
I wish I could rep you again.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:19 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
My observation is this by far the least talked about debate by the TV pundits of all time. I didn't watch the CBS show this morning so I assume they will be going on about it, but it's not even on the radar screen on other channels.

Nobody cares. They know King Hillary will be elected. There is no debate. It's just public relations now.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:41 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So dems were not ruffled when they were told, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it". Like good children,bewildered and confused by complex subjects they trusted Dem legislators who neither read nor understood the legislation with which they saddled the country.
Hard to take the rest of your post seriously when you continue the right wing media tradition of taking that inaccurate quote completely out of context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies