Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:00 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I am a black man, who is definitely against police brutality. But when you think about it, the black lives matter crowd almost never make any real demands.
Same as Occupy--they're progressive leftists, what do you expect? A year later after a lot of trying and call and response and finger twinkling and General Assembly they finally pulled one out of thin air:

_"#S17: Our One Demand Is To End Capitalism"_
http://occupywallst.org/article/s17-...nd-capitalism/

They even do the raised fist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 06:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
And you missed my point when I said the advantage of privatization is choice. You don't have to deal with it.

With the public police force you're stuck with that police force and their policies. You can't really shop around and see what is best for you. You just hope that maybe they'll do something in your interest.
But that's not effective.
I don't really care what the system is but what you are suggesting is not a solution. Haliburton is private and about as corrupt as something comes........what are the alternatives?

Old 12-30-2015, 06:05 PM
mm4

Quote:
And you missed my point when I said the advantage of privatization is choice. You don't have to deal with it.

With the public police force you're stuck with that police force and their policies. You can't really shop around and see what is best for you. You just hope that maybe they'll do something in your interest.
But that's not effective.
Progressives, infants, don't get to choose their nannies.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:16 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't really care what the system is but what you are suggesting is not a solution. Haliburton is private and about as corrupt as something comes........what are the alternatives?
I am suggesting a solution. The solution is privitization. And I never said that privitization would end corruption. I said if a private police force IS corrupt, then YOU can choose to FIRE that police force and get a BETTER one. Similar to if you have a product you don't like, you shop around for a BETTER product.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:19 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
I am a black man, who is definitely against police brutality. But when you think about it, the black lives matter crowd almost never make any real demands. It's cyclical. Something happens, they react (emotionally), march, pray, and sometimes loot. But when you think about it, there is no agenda. Black Lives Matter is a completely emotional kneejerk movement that does not solve any of the bigger problems in American society.

The biggest issue not just for black Americans, but Americans as a whole is police brutality. The main issue is that we can't fire the police department. We're force to still pay taxes for police with an increasing "us vs them" mentality. We're paying for a service that doesn't serve us. Instead of asking for reform, we continue to beg the government for fairness, when clearly fairness is not apart of the government's agenda. And to make matters worse, there is an entire market for law enforcement that is untapped because we love to beg the government.

As a result, Black Lives Matter should not be a black movement but an American movement. It should be a movement where we reform the police departments in our respective cities and towns. And we put the police force out of business, and replace them with private police that we can fire if we feel we're not getting what we paid for.

We need to promote consumer choice instead of government dependency.
Interesting post.

I would like to add that I have no problems with the PRINCIPLE of blacklivesmatter movement. But when some of these folks

shouting a chant that called for the deaths of police officers: “Pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon!”

Black Lives Matter Activists Chant 'Pigs in a Blanket' After Cop Murder - Breitbart

Things can get personal and ugly very quickly.

I wish people can just put themselves in other people's shoes. I know several LAPD officers, they are my very personal friends, couple are even childhood friends. They are like big brothers to me. These people have names, families, and loved ones. They want to collect their paycheck, and come home to their families just like everybody.

Why is it okay to discriminate against white cops? why is it okay to call them pigs and most importantly, why is it JUSTIFIED to kill cops?

Just answer these questions already. where is this hatred coming from? Police officers do not make the law, they just enforce the law.

If you want to address the issue of police brutality, please just address the issue of brutality. But killing cops? Give me a break. I am sorry, but SOME (I said some, I didn't say all) folks in blacklivesmatter movement sound like terrorists to me.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Interesting post.

I would like to add that I have no problems with the PRINCIPLE of blacklivesmatter movement. But when some of these folks

shouting a chant that called for the deaths of police officers: “Pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon!â€

Black Lives Matter Activists Chant 'Pigs in a Blanket' After Cop Murder - Breitbart

Things can get personal and ugly very quickly.

I wish people can just put themselves in other people's shoes. I know several LAPD officers, they are my very personal friends, couple are even childhood friends. They are like big brothers to me. These people have names, families, and loved ones. They want to collect their paycheck, and come home to their families just like everybody.

Why is it okay to discriminate against white cops? why is it okay to call them pigs and most importantly, why is it JUSTIFIED to kill cops?

Just answer these questions already.

My goal is to put every police officer out of a job. We need to promote the power of market not protest to solve these issues. And I can care less about cops, at the end of the day, they're probably not very good at their jobs. And even if they wanted to be, they work with an institution that's about control not about protection. This is why we desperately need to get the market involved in trying to solve this issue.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
I am suggesting a solution. The solution is privitization. And I never said that privitization would end corruption. I said if a private police force IS corrupt, then YOU can choose to FIRE that police force and get a BETTER one. Similar to if you have a product you don't like, you shop around for a BETTER product.
There isn't going to be a list of police forces in the yellow pages you can call like plumbers if you dislike your plumber.

Some court cases take months and years. Fire a police force and all those cases get tossed because a fired police officer isn't going to show up to testify.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:25 PM
mm4

They can't think of anything to do so they alienate diners in restaurants.

Again, match:

Apples...............
Trees................
Leftists..............
Cars..................
.................Brains
.................Roots
..................Tires
....................Pits

Old 12-30-2015, 06:26 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
My goal is to put every police officer out of a job. We need to promote the power of market not protest to solve these issues. And I can care less about cops, at the end of the day, they're probably not very good at their jobs. And even if they wanted to be, they work with an institution that's about control not about protection. This is why we desperately need to get the market involved in trying to solve this issue.
I respect your opinion and I really do.

But can you at least accept that you can only speak for yourself? You don't speak for me. I respect police officers and everything they do. They protect people like me and I am assuming they protect people like you as well. The only people don't like police officers are criminals. How can people deny this?

I am not saying they are perfect and all of them are angels. I have been stopped by police officers twice, both times are my fault. I just don't know where the blind hatred of police officers coming from. Sorry I don't.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There isn't going to be a list of police forces in the yellow pages you can call like plumbers if you dislike your plumber.

Some court cases take months and years. Fire a police force and all those cases get tossed because a fired police officer isn't going to show up to testify.

A fired police officer can testify at a trial. Just because they're no longer employed doesn't mean that they aren't bound by their obligation to appear in court as a witness. But come on, you already know that.

The thing is that the whole idea of not relying on government scares you. As it does every American, as we've been indoctrinated to believe we need government to provide solutions. But it's fine, capitalism WILL work these things out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies