Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 07:35 AM

50,323 posts, read 47,069,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But, but, but Obama CWIED. He had reawwel teaws. Won't that help?
How embarrassing. Putin probably has that as a meme now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 07:39 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
The big news from his speech was his recognition of the 2nd Amendment. I heard a small group last night complaint about that last night.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:44 AM

988 posts, read 683,249 times
I love all this "2nd Amendment" stuff.

I suppose everybody here supported Edward Snowden, who pointed out that our 4th amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure was being violated? Sure you did.

We've got a real group of Constitutional scholars here, not a bunch of dudes in love with guns.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post

I suppose everybody here supported Edward Snowden, who pointed out that our 4th amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure was being violated? Sure you did.

We've got a real group of Constitutional scholars here, not a bunch of dudes in love with guns.

I support Snowden's whistle blower attitude....
Don't paint with such a wide brush.

Now define, shall not be infringed.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:11 AM

Default Define: Shall not be infringed.

Shall not be infringed, has been ignored completely, forgotten, and someone passed over, when reading the 2nd amendment.

Please define, "shall not be infringed" in any context for us.

For instance:

If a woman tells a man, no, I shall not be infringed tonight. Does the man think she is kidding and take what he wants, infringing upon her anyway?

Old 01-06-2016, 09:17 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,002,110 times
Quote:

I have always supported Edward Snowden here, and I very much support Second Amendment protections. I can't speak for anyone else, though; if anyone does support Second Amendment protections then one should support the protections of the whole Bill of Rights, seeing as not doing so only weakens and compromises one's position on gun rights by opening up "backdoors" to gun control.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
I have always supported Edward Snowden here, and I very much support Second Amendment protections. I can't speak for anyone else, though; if anyone does support Second Amendment protections then one should support the protections of the whole Bill of Rights, seeing as not doing so only weakens and compromises one's position on gun rights by opening up "backdoors" to gun control.

This bears repeating! IMO the 2nd protects the rest of the Bill of Rights. Get rid of the 2nd, and kiss the rest of them goodbye!

Old 01-06-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
This bears repeating! IMO the 2nd protects the rest of the Bill of Rights. Get rid of the 2nd, and kiss the rest of them goodbye!
Our founders, signers of the Constitution and those that fought in the revolution to free us from a tyrannical government, used what is now called the 2nd amendment to fight tyranny.

Just allowing a government to exist, the founders knew full well power is addicting and the government would eventually try to break the Bill of Rights to enslave the people once again.

The very thing that made our freedom from tyranny happen was also place strategically and worded so it could never be removed, into the document to preserve it, meaning an overbearing tyrannical government could die by the peoples arms, as easy as the people, who are free, allow government to exist.

That is the reason any law that involves arms, is unconstitutional... PERIOD.
Government has no say in the arms we make, distribute, keep or carry, unless their goal and intent is oppressive enslavement of the people by trashing the Constitution.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 AM

15 posts, read 15,485 times
Chance and Change,

This has nothing to do with race: we have a conservative black justice on the supreme court who was appointed by a Republican. If your argument is that mentally ill people should not have guns, who defines mental illness? We are close now with this administration to conservatism being defined as mental illness, and liberals are unable to have civil conversations with people who oppose your views because you ridicule us and deem us dangerous. Would you want a Republican president defining mental illness? Would you want to be considered mentally ill because of your political views? Would you want a Republican president signing executive orders on issues with which you disagree? If you are for a Democratic president signing executive orders but against a Republican president doing the same, you are a hypocrite. If you do not like the Constitution, you are the extremist. Republicans strictly interpret the Constitution, and Democrats thwart the Constitution every time they have opportunities. Americans who appreciate our system and whose views align with limited government are not extremists in our views. Liberals need to stop that kind of rhetoric against conservatives because that is what is dangerous and eventually leads to genocide.

Chance and Change, you said, "Anything in this society that harms people, should be managed under stern regulations." If you think that, does that apply to cars, pressure cookers, and knives? All three of those objects have been used in attacks or have injured people.

Would you like to be told to sit down for your views? If you would not like that, please do not belittle people who disagree with your views. Agreement with the second amendment is not a Confederate idea, it is American.

Last edited by soucam1; 01-06-2016 at 09:45 AM..

Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:

i supported snowdens whistle blowing actions, i did NOT support him going to china and russia to do it though.

as for the constitution, it is simple enough to read, and understand, for the average person if they are willing to put in the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies