Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 11:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have posted this before, you might want to actually read it;

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"

You left out the word militia, and who is telling who. Government is not telling us what we can have, here.
Militia, has no meaning to a federal army. Militias are and always been defined as an organized group of armed people. In this case, needed for the security of freedom and liberty, from government intrusion into those freedoms and liberty. The people will have arms and carry them, and you the government have no say. Don't even try to alter it with laws or amend it internally, because that would be a violation and a call to arms. as a shift in power.
Remember, we the people, are telling them the new government to be formed. The government isn't telling us what we get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 11:24 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, so the common man has trouble defending themselves from tyrannical oppression in all forms. Only the rich and powerful will have weapons. The equivalent of a poll tax.
Bet you didn't know it is illegal to tax your rights. Tell them that when they add sales tax to your firearm and ammunition purchase, to pad their profits.
That's nonsense, both guns and ammunition are already subject to sales tax- so much for your claim that "it's illegal to tax your rights"

Old 01-07-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
You left out the word militia, and who is telling who. Government is not telling us what we can have, here. Militia, has no meaning to a federal army. Militias are and always been defined as an organized group of armed people. In this case, needed for the security of freedom and liberty, from government intrusion. The people will have arms and carry them, and you the government have no say. Don't even try to alter it with laws or amend it internally, because that would be a violation and a call to arms. as a shift in power. Remember, we the people, are telling them the new government to be formed. The government isn't telling us what we get.
Gun owners are in no way shape or form a 'militia'.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Could you please point out where the discussion of ammunition is in those cases?
Linear Thinking noted.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
In what case? I sure can't find one.

This article claims that the ATF can't ban ammunition but does not rely upon any SCOTUS decision for making that claim, even the letter that the NRA wrote to the ATF doesn't mention any SCOTUS rulings.

And there have been a few cases where the Supreme Court has allowed bans on certain types of ammunition to stand, so how could they do that if what you are claiming is true?

Supreme Court Rejects NRA’s Bid to Block Sunnyvale Gun Law | News Fix | KQED News

Court backs S.F.'s gun storage law, hollow-point bullet ban - SFGate

And I can't find a thing that would prohibit taxing the crap out of ammunition...
Supreme Court, is the Federal Government. My rights are not granted to me by the Federal Government. and they surely will not be defining them in my favor any time soon.
Funny how it is the federal government that has ban militias, and they have arms......
The right of the people to keep and bear arms. I see no clause, to authorize them to ban anything arms related. They have taken that upon themselves to do regardless what is actually written in the constitution.
Remember, we the people, are telling them the new government to be formed. The Constitution is not the government telling us what rights or just how much of that right we can have and they can change it at their will.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Supreme Court, is the Federal Government. My rights are not granted to me by the Federal Government. and they surely will not be defining them in my favor any time soon.
Funny how it is the federal government that has ban militias, and they have arms......
The right of the people to keep and bear arms. I see no clause, to authorize them to ban anything arms related. They have taken that upon themselves to do regardless what is actually written in the constitution.
Remember, we the people, are telling them the new government to be formed. The Constitution is not the government telling us what rights or just how much of that right we can have and they can change it at their will.
You said the Supreme Court has already decided that ammunition is protected as part of the 2nd amendment, where is your proof of that?

Old 01-07-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Gun owners are in no way shape or form a 'militia'.
Have you tried to organize and train a group of people in domestic tactical warfare, these days?

Yet, right there in the US. Constitution, we tell the government they cannot deny us the people the right to militia.

It is what kept the people more powerful than government.
Guess what.
Today, we all know government is way more powerful than the people, to push their will around at the end of a gun.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You said the Supreme Court has already decided that ammunition is protected as part of the 2nd amendment, where is your proof of that?

Are you armed, if you have no ammo?
I have the right to bear arms, not just a metal and wood club.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Have you tried to organize and train a group of people in domestic tactical warfare, these days? Yet, right there in the US. Constitution, we tell the government they cannot deny us the people the right to militia. It is what kept the people more powerful than government. Guess what.
Today, we all know government is way more powerful than the people, to push their will around at the end of a gun.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but Presser v Illinois established the legality of States to regulate and control militias, so you'd better check the laws of your state before you form a militia and claim that the 2A gives you that right.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:03 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
If taxing an individual's rights didn't work, they'd have to front load the tax.

Each firearm manufacturer (a corporation, not a person with rights) must pay the government $2,000 on each firearm produced. Cost indirectly gets passed onto the customer. Becomes a manufacturing cost.

Again, I'm not anti-gun, just throwing out what shady stuff could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies