Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 09:22 AM

19,615 posts, read 12,212,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
People in Germany are. The German media is having a field day with her. Feminists are furious and going berserk over there.

They will have to pick a side. Feminism is at odds with the beliefs of these people they welcome. Take one or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 09:23 AM

17,613 posts, read 17,642,256 times
If this is how the Muslims in Germany are treating women now, how are they going to treat people at this event? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Street_Day

Old 01-06-2016, 09:36 AM

106 posts, read 75,829 times
WOW..this story is not surprising to me. I visited Europe for several weeks for work during August and September and at least twice a group of three and four men of middle east appearance, manner encircled me and kind of bumped into me and basically tried to intimidate me. Funny they did not take my bag,

One time I was sitting on a pretty park bench and there were only a couple other people in this small park. These four came in and broke into two groups of two crisscrossing the park and then came up to me and stood behind me on a short wall while two walked in opposite directions around the bench. I started to get up to walk, (obviously I'm very surprised and kind of shocked...uncharacteristically unsure how to handle this) but I wouldn't been able to do this without bumping into one. Just as I start to take my bag and a small shopping bag, one of them who had been jumping up and down on the short wall behind me slipped on the wet stone and I think hit his head. He jumped up very quickly and they took off. Also at that time his falling seemed to capture more attention as more people were beginning to walk into the park at lunch time. I felt had he not slipped and fallen then they were about to do something worse. They definitely did get too close physically and were looming over me. I sensed that they wanted me to react first. Like to lash out or physically push them away.

I mentioned this to people who replied that 'pickpockets are all over.' But this wasn't pickpockets. This felt like intimidation and gloating. Hard to explain. I was btw, dressed in a light colored linen conservative style suit with white blouse. I always thought pickpockets were hardly noticeable and worked in ones or twos. I was upset later because I realized I no longer felt comfortable sitting out alone in a park. But deliberately disregarded this idea and went out of my way to do just that.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:37 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,702 times
Three years of high school Latin here. A dead language, but foundational to all Western languages. Latin also part of a classical education, some might say Etonic. Not PC now, I am sure. Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. Hell, I don't even care about its derivation or implied undertones. I'm a multicultural guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
It is difficult for me to forgive the French for softening the sounds of their consonants as a means to establish a separate identity from the Germans.

The Western world had already agreed that words cannot be comprised of vowels only, as that would stone-age communications back to holophrastic grunting and pointing.

So, how did the French get around this universal rule? They began speaking their consonants as vowel sounds!

Sure, they kept the consonants in their WRITTEN language, but then SPOKE the consonants as vowels.

They stayed technically correct to their agreement, but violated it in vocality.

The French have never stopped thumbing their noses at the Germans.

A Chevrolet is a Chevrolet, NOT a Chevrolet!

I didn't want to get involved in such a childish game, so I studied Latin in high school.

Kaesar et Kikero!

Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,469 times
Large knives would deter them.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:44 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,930,697 times
Why shocked?

They're Muslim men, it is what Muslim men do!

Old 01-06-2016, 09:45 AM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you defending these German migrants for what they did ?

NBD to you..happens all the time to you so you dismiss it ?

NYC is not Germany. Maybe, just maybe, this isn't the norm over there...until now.

That and the fact it wasn't random individuals. It was large groups of organized perverts. Hopefully the cops are checking social media in order to id these freaks.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Large knives would deter them.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This is the second time I saw you post what I bolded when talking about this subject. What in the world does that have to do with any of this?
There are extreme tensions between many German nationals and politicians who publicly support the refugee situation that has been thrust upon the people. This mayor was stabbed in the neck by a German national for taking a public position in support of the refugees.

There are endless reports that the German government has buried conflicts with and crimes by refugees.

It is also possible that those opposed to refugees are exaggerating conflicts and crimes and getting international media attention.

Speculation on my part that government has been downplaying and those opposed are exaggerating.

This particular event draws hundreds of thousands of people, each year. No doubt many attendees are strongly opposed to the refugee situation. Yet, somehow organized groups of 20-30 Arab/ North African appearing men were able to cause havoc without any confrontation?

Something does not ring entirely true, here.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are extreme tensions between many German nationals and politicians who publicly support the refugee situation that has been thrust upon the people. This mayor was stabbed in the neck by a German national for taking a public position in support of the refugees.

There are endless reports that the German government has buried conflicts with and crimes by refugees.

It is also possible that those opposed to refugees are exaggerating conflicts and crimes and getting international media attention.

Speculation on my part that government has been downplaying and those opposed are exaggerating.

This particular event draws hundreds of thousands of people, each year. No doubt many attendees are strongly opposed to the refugee situation. Yet, somehow organized groups of 20-30 Arab/ North African appearing men were able to cause havoc without any confrontation?

Something does not ring entirely true, here.
Migrant women of their own kind are fearful of staying in the camps because of rape.
Go read some non MSM news. Downplaying yes..exaggeration..hardly.

The MSM told us they were refugees, mostly women and children.
Then the pictures starting hitting the net...mostly men 18-24.

These are young single men who have left countries where women are hardly seen, if ever.
They are on a field day in these European countries like kids let loose in a candy store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies