Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 01:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
More people were able to afford health care before Obamacare, Obamacare has drastically increased the cost of insurance for the average person.
And when Obama signs the repeal, which he surely will (), we'll go back to the good old system where the price doubled every seven years.

Has it ever occurred to them, that they would actually improve things as opposed to tearing them down?

Old 01-06-2016, 01:26 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump promises to repeal and replace the ACA with something wonderful that will take care of everyone.
Please be sure to add (air) quotation marks around the word "wonderful."

Single payor here we come!!!! Trump 2016 & 2020.

Mick

Old 01-06-2016, 01:28 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
More people were able to afford health care before Obamacare, Obamacare has drastically increased the cost of insurance for the average person.

Healthcare before Obamacare was far from perfect, but it sure was better than now.
Amen. Our family had our cost triple and my deductible went from $2000 to $6500. Unless you are a total loser health care under Obama are is the worst.
Can you imagine the rest of the crash when Federal subsidies are pulled?
My insurance alone is $5000 and I have to spend another $6500 before the policy really kicks in for any condition.
So only $11,500 a year before I start to not pay something.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Please be sure to add (air) quotation marks around the word "wonderful."

Single payor here we come!!!! Trump 2016 & 2020.

Mick
Single payer for the destitute he said. Like Medical in California.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:31 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
The GOP is tilting at windmills...again. They have no back-up plan, and never had one to begin with. They seem to take great pride in trying to take health insurance AWAY from needy, hard-working families who can't get insurance through their workplaces. GOP governors, almost to a man, have also rejected Medicaid expansions that would actually HELP their own constituents. They have no conscience, whatsoever.

The GOP is truly the party that conspires to make the lives of the 99% WORSE.
The GOP reminds of me of a dog chasing a car -- not thinking about what would happen if he actually caught it. If the GOP repealed the ACA, it would throw millions of people who have insurance into the uninsured category. Cancer patients, who couldn't get insurance because of pre-existing conditions, wouldn't have insurance -- and who would they blame? Hint, it wouldn't be Obama or the Democrats.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:

Healthcare before Obamacare was far from perfect, but it sure was better than now.
Not true. I and many others who are independent contractors/self-employed were priced out of the market trying to buy it on our own before the ACA. It went up every six months like clockwork until it was simply out of reach. And there will be more and more independent contractors who have no employer-based insurance in the coming years. Where will they get health insurance if the ACA is simply repealed with nothing to take its place?

If the GOP had something in mind to replace the ACA I'd be more than happy to hear what it is. So far, their only plan has been--tough ****!

Old 01-06-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
GOP is really into symbolic gestures, it seems. This wonderful bill be filibustered to death in the Senate . . . AGAIN . . . . so President doesn't even have to veto this abomination.

Guys, we are so close to November (well, to be precise, January for the inauguration day), how about just winning 60 seat in the Senate (since it is a foregone conclusion that Mr. Trump will be elected not only in 2016 but also 2020 by winning all 50 states, upping GOP GOD Reagan by one state). Then you can do whatever you want. Amen.

Mick
Forgone conclusion that Trump will be elected not only in 2016 but also 2020? It's not even certain that he'll get the GOP nomination.

If nominated, it's hardly certain that he can win in the general election.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:34 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,923,552 times
Quote:

No, they weren't able to afford it. In years past, anyone not insured by their employer, and forced to call up BC/BS, John Hancock, Prudential, All State, other HMOs, etc, looking for a policy for themselves/family, paid through the nose. No one could afford what the insurance companies, since the entire burden of the policy fell upon that person alone. Anyone who has COBRA insurance for even a short time ( I've had it twice in my lifetime) knows how expensive THAT alone is, to say nothing facing the "man in the street, looking for a policy" scenario.

More and more employers are not offering health benefits, for a multitude of reasons ( including the prevalence of "contract employees" who are never officially hired), and thus Americans are being left out in the cold. Thanks to Obama and the Democrats, they don't have to worry if one illness, of any severity, will have them choosing between having an insurance policy, or having a roof over their heads, or not going to a doctor at all, when medical care is warranted.

The GOP's mantra is anti-health care, anti-Medicare, anti-Social Security. They're putting a noose around their own necks.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life

It’s funny reading what people think they know, just know -- even if they are really, really wrong. That's why it's really helpful to have this new report from the Commonwealth Fund comparing actual performance with pre-implementation predictions. Premiums came in far below expectations; part, but only part, of this positive surprise was given back by 2016 premium hikes, with overall costs still looking very good.

Pre-ACA health insurance wasn't better either. Children under 26 yrs. old can stay on my policy and nobody has to worry about losing their insurance if they have a pre-existing condition.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:37 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,295,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post

The GOP's mantra is anti-health care, anti-Medicare, anti-Social Security. They're putting a noose around their own necks.
They want to make sure every baby gets born, and then tough crap once you're out of that womb. You're a leech on society and a draw on "job creators".

I just struggle with the dichotomy of the sanctity of life, and women's health and safety rhetoric, promptly followed by anchor babies, welfare moms, thugs, etc. etc. I'm no rocket scientist, but I'd wager it's not white bread, affluent Republicans that are getting the majority of abortions. If you want the real long term plan, you should keep letting all those Democrats keep offing their fetuses. That and if you're so worried about "the gays", you need to talk to straight people, since we're the ones that keep making all the new ones.

Last edited by mikeyyc; 01-06-2016 at 01:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies