Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 04:13 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Yes, Iran also attacks the Jewish community as well. Iran was behind the attacks via hezzbollah, there you go again.
First of all, it has never been proven, the investigation was a total mess with different parties pushing their interest and desirable outcome.
And even if Iran had been behind it, it would only show what I said all the time, namely that the Middle East conflict is the reason for terrorism, even if af first glance there is no connection.

Look, nobody says Iran is a saint, far from it. What I am saying is that there is a reason they are the way they are, and that the West is largely to blame for it. So it is absurd when we keep yelling terrorists when we are at least partly responsible for that situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 04:27 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
I say good for them. One way to solve global warming is to wipe out countries off the earth.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Iran is probably a minor contributor to climate warming

Old 02-02-2016, 07:36 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
First of all, it has never been proven, the investigation was a total mess with different parties pushing their interest and desirable outcome.
And even if Iran had been behind it, it would only show what I said all the time, namely that the Middle East conflict is the reason for terrorism, even if af first glance there is no connection.

Look, nobody says Iran is a saint, far from it. What I am saying is that there is a reason they are the way they are, and that the West is largely to blame for it. So it is absurd when we keep yelling terrorists when we are at least partly responsible for that situation.
There is much corruption in the case I agree, but you are a little late to the party.

In leaked tape, ex-Argentine FM says Iran bombed Jewish center | The Times of Israel

There is no question Iran was behind the Jewish attacks. Actually, this is no longer even a discussion. The issue is that the Argentine government has not cooperated in the interests of justice against the Iranians. One cannot blame western imperialism for all of the worlds problems. There is no coorilation between the Jews in Argetine and Iranian policy. But please, refresh my memory. Why does Iran have the right to kill innocent civilians worldwide?

Old 02-02-2016, 07:45 AM

Where did I say I supported that? I am against hurting innocent people, but that applies not only to Jews in Argentina, but also to tens of millions of Iranians, who are not the Iranian government.

I don't blame Western imperialism for all of the world's problems, but for most of them, like 90% or so.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:12 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Where did I say I supported that? I am against hurting innocent people, but that applies not only to Jews in Argentina, but also to tens of millions of Iranians, who are not the Iranian government.

I don't blame Western imperialism for all of the world's problems, but for most of them, like 90% or so.

The blaming Western imperialism etc. for "90% of the world's problems"...Then you're not really a reliable character witness - off the jury!
That's just the silly concreted non-nuanced PC position. Its as mindless and empty of analysis as the received wisdom of the equally unthinking right wing. Even a passing knowledge of pre-colonial and pre-modern era history of virtually any area in the world would disabuse an unbiased observer of that silly notion. Its just a badge of pride for the unthinking left. The unthinking right have their silly badges too of course.

With particular reference to Iran:
Persians, as a group, know the that Iran's mess of itself was a huge own goal - and the majority who aided the revolution in '79 (not those who ascended in power and $ because of it, of course) have buyer's remorse. Their children are certainly unhappy at the rotten bargain they got. Regardless of the plotting and intrigue from the "West", putting a self-declared hard line theist at the top required actual majority population support and passive complicity from the remainder. The frying pan and the fire weren't the only two options.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
I have not problem if all these 3 countries disappear from the earth. There's my Trump comment.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:49 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I still blame Iran for the takeover of the US Embassy in Tehran.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Pakistan threatens to wipe Iran off the map if Saudi harmed

Looks like Israel doesn't have much to worry about after all.
Iran hasn't attacked anyone in over 200 years.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:29 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Well some say America must show "leadership"...so send in the troops.
/sarcasms
Yeah, that would be the Sen John McCain who never saw a war he didn't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies