Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:09 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,477 times

Advertisements

Being White in today's society is enough to make one want to drink. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 08:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Being White in today's society is enough to make one want to drink. Seriously.

Whites are using drugs more because society and government policy has got them downtrodden. Healthcare and teachers are pushing psychoactive drugs on to whites out of intolerance and contempt for their well being.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:18 PM

Not so sure that is ALL the case. Whites are using drugs because they feel good, I don't think it's because they are suddenly downtrodden. I will say there very much is an agenda, in the last 20 years or so, to drug up the young american male population to get in line with what some people think should be appropriate. It's creepy and gross, but i'm not breeding these losers so no skin off my back (well other than taxes that go to support their garbage)

Old 01-17-2016, 08:25 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The privilege is that they are not criminalized like black crack addicts were and black addicts are today.

Another thing that is interesting to me in regards to whites in America is the high use of perscription drugs in your "community." That is why your kids are getting hooked on these narcotics. You put them on all this ADHD meds and anxiety meds and depression meds. They are used to being in a drug induced state. This translates into a higher incidence of becoming addicted to hardcore narcotics later in life. Whites also have higher rates of alcoholism and have for decades, something which is always ignored by the media except when they want to demonize white women who drink and drive with their kids in the car.
I agree. I am amazed by the number of white kids that are on prescription drugs for all types of "syndromes." I spend time on a college preparation discussion forum and it's eye opening to read about the types of medication to control the "syndromes."

Old 01-17-2016, 08:25 PM

I'm not excusing people using drugs but to say that an increasingly depressing, broken society for whites isn't a major pressure is ignoring reality. That people use drugs to feel good is not a variable and is a constant. If a Dr. knowingly facilitates drug abuse how can we say contempt isn't at play?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Whites are using drugs more because society and government policy has got them downtrodden. Healthcare and teachers are pushing psychoactive drugs on to whites out of intolerance and contempt for their well being.
White people have ALWAYS had higher rates of drug use than other demographics in this country. "Government policy" is not to blame.

LOL. It is hilarious all these excuses you are citing! If the OP was about black drug use, I doubt you would be pulling these excuses out of thin air.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM

I personally am NOT looking forward to being "white" in say... 2040. I hope to **** I can be drugged up at that point. Mammals aren't stupid, and they know what they need to do in order to survive, as minimal subsistence as that survival may be.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
White people have ALWAYS had higher rates of drug use than other demographics in this country. "Government policy" is not to blame.

LOL. It is hilarious all these excuses you are citing! If the OP was about black drug use, I doubt you would be pulling these excuses out of thin air.

You make a lot extraordinary claims as factual but never cite or back them up. No one knows white and black drug use rates. What we do know is if you ask whites and blacks about drug use blacks lie more as verified by drug testing. If you asked males or females how many sexual partners they've had, men would report more and women less, but that doesn't make it factual.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:39 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
I'm not excusing people using drugs but to say that an increasingly depressing, broken society for whites isn't a major pressure is ignoring reality. That people use drugs to feel good is not a variable and is a constant. If a Dr. knowingly facilitates drug abuse how can we say contempt isn't at play?
Patients can refuse those drugs....

Anecdote coming up here - I am a black 30 something woman. I went to the doctor with some fatigue. My doctor ran a lot of blood tests and everything was inconclusive. I told him on probably the 3rd occasion that I truly felt something was wrong and suggested some other testing on the advice of a relative who is a PA. He then told me that I am probably depressed and that he could perscribe me some depression pills. That depression can manifest in many ways, one of which is fatigue. I told him that I am not depressed. He tried to argue with me, again stating fatigue in a common symptom of depression. I told him to do the other testing and to send me for sleep study as sleep apnea runs in my family (many children in my family have apnea even). Turns out I had mild sleep apnea. My sleep doctor told me to change my sleep position and to wear a mouthpiece at night to help me rest better. It worked.

Just because a doctor says you are depressed doesn't mean you are. I have a lot of white friends, associates, and even family members (by marriage). Many of them, when they hear the "maybe you have depression/anxiety/stress" and are offered a pill, they take it and act like taking them is commonplace and something that everyone does every once in a while. They will even tell me that I attempt to "stigmatize" them for their depressions, which is not the case at all. I know that depression is a real thing. I know anxiety is a real thing and stress. But I also know there are other ways of combatting anxiety and stress especially versus taking mind altering perscribed substances. That should not be a first resort. You can always get a 2nd opinion. And if you think you really do have problems in these areas, you should be seen by a psychologist or psychiatrist instead of taking pills from your family practitioner or internist.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Yeah that's it. Whites are even privileged by premature death. Whites don't have as much money or 'privilege' as they had before. The theory is false.
LMAO....with analysis like this, why argue?

Eat your heart out dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies