Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:55 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The gate to the world of drugs has been swung wide open by the pro-marijuana movement, and the nation is paying the price.

fail..!!! big pharma opiates are the cause not weed, show me all the people dropping on pot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Lot of kids these days use pills, which they buy from the street dealers, and practically all of them started with pot.

total bs all the people I know or known started with booze n pills. first time for me was vodka and OJ, second was valium..

Old 01-17-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Booze and cigarettes have been around a long time, so they cannot explain this new change with ODs. Something has changed, and that something is causing the deaths. Pot legalization and decriminalization is new, and certainly can explain the new problem, because it opens the gates to the world of drugs.
How Big Pharma Hooked America on Legal Heroin | Motherboard

Unintended consequences: Painkiller pills to heroin - CNN.com

stop blaming weed for everything 80 percent of heroin addicts admit to starting with big pharma opiates..

Old 01-17-2016, 09:19 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
I know that weed has been around since I was in early 20's -booze I was 14 first taste -and pills maybe last 15 yrs.... Heroin was not easily available, then cocaine n crack came in. But I think pills kill more than the rest specially if not included in any DUI crash. Weed may not be good for you, but the lesser of all the other stuff for sure.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I know that weed has been around since I was in early 20's -booze I was 14 first taste -and pills maybe last 15 yrs.... Heroin was not easily available, then cocaine n crack came in. But I think pills kill more than the rest specially if not included in any DUI crash. Weed may not be good for you, but the lesser of all the other stuff for sure.

weed has been around a lot longer than that. or are you saying you tried pot in your 20s?

Old 01-18-2016, 06:25 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/sc...pgtype=article

While death rates for Blacks and Hispanics continue to decline there is a surge in White death rates. The leading cause is drug overdoses, which is up 20%+
The thing about statistics is you need to be precise to be accurate. Increasing death rates for young whites doesn't mean increasing death rates for all whites. The average lifespan for whites in the USA is still 4 years longer than blacks and Hispanics and Asians have a longer lifespan than whites.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:34 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,204,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Not surprising.

Rural, conservative areas of the country are very boring and low-energy. Not much going on these days except teen pregnancies and meth.
Bingo!

Before it was teen pregnancies and meth, it was teen pregnancies and pot, and before that, teen pregnancies and booze.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That's cute, blaming Obama for someone's drug overdose.

Hey, he had to do something after starting the Chicago fire, causing the San Francisco earthquake, sinking the Titanic, etc., etc., etc. ..............................

Old 01-18-2016, 06:51 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Bingo!

Before it was teen pregnancies and meth, it was teen pregnancies and pot, and before that, teen pregnancies and booze.
Bingo!

And the liberal mecca, NYC, has absolutely none of these.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
fail..!!! big pharma opiates are the cause not weed, show me all the people dropping on pot
Pot is a gateway to opioids.

Of course not all recreational pot users seek opioids.

Yet almost all addicted to opioids/ opiates began their journey with pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies