Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 02:19 PM

7,508 posts, read 5,756,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I look at kids today, needing crisis counseling because someone wrote "Trump 2016" in chalk on a sidewalk, having their parents go WITH them on job interviews, having absolutely zero sense of personal responsibility or ability to handle a crisis and I wonder what's in store for us when they inherit the country.

After all, the youth is the future and WE failed them for enabling and fostering this nonsense that "everyone gets a trophy" or that good parenting is hovering over your kids to the point where they can't function without you.

I truly hope this is just a symptom of the 24/7 news media where we see so many of these stories just because we have access to so much information but I fear it's more systemic and that we are basically screwed.

As others have pointed out, during the greatest generation 18 year olds were storming the beaches in Normandy and today they need crisis counseling because someone wrote the name of a presidential candidate they don't like in chalk.

In my dad's generation, you were EXPECTED to leave the house at 18 and support yourself. Today, you have kids taking their parents with them on job interviews

Forbes Welcome

We are screwed.
Until they have to suffer and have extreme pain that only they can fix through hard work nothing will change.

However, the good part is all their social program Bullchit will cover me and they will pay for it 😊
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 02:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Until they have to suffer and have extreme pain that only they can fix through hard work nothing will change.

However, the good part is all their social program Bullchit will cover me and they will pay for it ��
I'm sorry, but how much SSN and government healthcare do the boomers expect to get?

Are people really that dense about how much the boomers will become part of this country's budget?

Old 03-25-2016, 02:35 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
I look at kids today, needing crisis counseling because someone wrote "Trump 2016" in chalk on a sidewalk, having their parents go WITH them on job interviews, having absolutely zero sense of personal responsibility or ability to handle a crisis and I wonder what's in store for us when they inherit the country.

After all, the youth is the future and WE failed them for enabling and fostering this nonsense that "everyone gets a trophy" or that good parenting is hovering over your kids to the point where they can't function without you.

I truly hope this is just a symptom of the 24/7 news media where we see so many of these stories just because we have access to so much information but I fear it's more systemic and that we are basically screwed.

As others have pointed out, during the greatest generation 18 year olds were storming the beaches in Normandy and today they need crisis counseling because someone wrote the name of a presidential candidate they don't like in chalk.

In my dad's generation, you were EXPECTED to leave the house at 18 and support yourself. Today, you have kids taking their parents with them on job interviews

Forbes Welcome

We are screwed.
We are already screwed.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
=voiceofreazon;43485244]Yep, nothing to see here folks. Everything's fine. Move along.
That's right, everything IS fine.

A few snowflakes and/or wackos do not define an entire generation.

I have faith in them!

(I'm a boomer)

Old 03-25-2016, 02:51 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Just a small detail...

These millennials (18-33 years of age) of whom folk feel a need to deride are the folks who are currently fighting the "war on terrorism," treating you in hospitals and medical clinics, they are your firemen, police officers, paramedics, and teachers. Some are budding entrepreneurs and are already billionaire CEO's.
They also have an extremely high unemployment rate.

Quote:
"The millennial generation is still lagging in the workplace, making up about 40 percent of the unemployed in the U.S., says Anthony Carnevale, a director and research professor for Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce."
Millennial College Graduates: Young, Educated, Jobless
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/06/05/m...ss-335821.html

Old 03-25-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We arent disputing whether or not she is refinancing at a lower rate.
Exactly. The entire question is based on the fact that she was refinancing at a lower rate, yet you spewed nonsense about assumptions you made that were not a part of the question at all. That's why you'd fail to answer the question correctly.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I'm sorry, but how much SSN and government healthcare do the boomers expect to get?
I'll get back WAY less than I paid.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Yep, nothing to see here folks. Everything's fine. Move along.
What's the problem? Are you actually going to disagree with that post? Are you saying that 50-70 year olds are in the military doing combat? Really? You know, the military, that bastion of light that all cons love to defer to in every argument. Can't have it both ways.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Good grief, I get so tired of the constant bashing of millennials, especially since I am one.

Nothing like a bunch of unproductive crybabies whining on a message board about how millennials are unproductive whiny crybabies.

Every generation has crap in it. Look no further than this forum for proof.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'll get back WAY less than I paid.
You boomers should have voted better in the world y'all created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies